Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Two More XBLA Titles are Delisted

• punkyliarpunkyliar216,996
  • xiphumbraxiphumbra102,800
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 12:15
    I feel sorry for anyone that actually paid for Days of Thunder. That game was pure fucking trash. It's the cousin of NBA Unrivaled.
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen706,218
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 12:23
    xiphumbra said:
    I feel sorry for anyone that actually paid for Days of Thunder. That game was pure fucking trash. It's the cousin of NBA Unrivaled.
    +1.

I finished it because I had strep-throat and it was about as close to getting gamerscore for sleeping as I could get.
    Deep into that darkness peering.. Long I stood there.. wondering..fearing.. doubting..
  • StingX2StingX2422,173
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 12:28
    is there anyway to be on watch for delisted titles?
  • Vr EnglishVr English757,513
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 12:31
    Where did that 6% statistic come from? Interesting post nonetheless.
  • punkyliarpunkyliar216,996
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 12:38, Edited on 11 July 13 at 12:38 by punkyliar
    Vr English said:
    The criteria has existed since 2008 when delistings were first announced. The criteria was confirmed by Xbox Live's general manager Marc Whitten in an interview with Edge and has appeared in news articles and statements since then. The only thing in that interview that isn't correct is that Microsoft don't give a 3 month notice before the titles are removed.

StingX2 said:
    We get no notice that games are about to be delisted so there's no way of watching out for them. The first that we know is when the games go missing.
  • Goots 88Goots 88503,691
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 12:40
    2 Tom Cruise movie-games delisted...? Sounds fishy...
    GT: Goots 88
  • TTDog666TTDog666547,162
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 12:49
    Goots 88 said:
    2 Tom Cruise movie-games delisted...? Sounds fishy...
    The War of the Worlds game had nothing to do with the film.
  • Officer ZeroOfficer Zero1,074,623
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 12:53
    Days of Thunder was terrible. I wish they had delisted it before I played it.
  • Vr EnglishVr English757,513
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:06
    punkyliar said:
    Vr English said:
    The criteria has existed since 2008 when delistings were first announced. The criteria was confirmed by Xbox Live's general manager Marc Whitten in an interview with Edge and has appeared in news articles and statements since then. The only thing in that interview that isn't correct is that Microsoft don't give a 3 month notice before the titles are removed.

StingX2 said:
    We get no notice that games are about to be delisted so there's no way of watching out for them. The first that we know is when the games go missing.
    Wow speedy and factual response, thanks. I find that so strange, I can't imagine many games get much more than that, I've downloaded a demo maybe 3 times ever on the 360.
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:16
    I was planning on getting The War of the Worlds at some point. Would be nice if we were told before they removed titles.
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:19
    Good riddance to bad tacos.

...is that how that goes? trashtacular all the same.
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:22
    FlutteryChicken said:
    I was planning on getting The War of the Worlds at some point. Would be nice if we were told before they removed titles.
    They would at least sneak a few more downloads out of people if they gave, say a weeks notice. What's wrong with that? Like a clearance section.
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:23
    I totally forgot about War of The Worlds. It looked great in development but was meant to be poor on release so i never bothered.
  • Otouto72Otouto721,381,853
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:35
    Days of Thunder was pretty crap but I managed to finish it. Never got to play the other one though.
  • CoMaestroCoMaestro107,870
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:37
    Funny when i saw in the EDGE article they were gonna "drastically increase XBLA size" from 150MB to 350MB, while it is now 2 GB.
  • VidGamiacVidGamiac1,677,632
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:39
    Looks like you cannot buy these thru the demos unfortunately.
  • litepinklitepink299,642
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:39
    StingX2 said:
    I would say anything licensed runs the risk of being delisted. I think one of this week’s DOTW falls under that distinction – Battle: Los Angeles. I could see that getting pulled at some point.
    My TA Deal Blog: http://tinyurl.com/6t8nzpd
  • RockoxRockox101,043
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:45
    I loved the look of War of the Worlds but I heard the controls were absolute garbage.
  • Dancsi27Dancsi27185,007
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:57
    And the trophy for: The worst and hardest arcade game completed 100% by 1 person goes to : The War of the Worlds :D
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.