Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Two More XBLA Titles are Delisted

• Posted on 11 July 13 at 13:58
    You can't buy from Demos. I had one of Voltron (And also TMNT: ReShelled)...and neither were able to unlock the full game once it was delisted.

If I remember correctly, the pop-up to buy the game gives it either a negative MSP cost (thus being impossible to charge) or gives it some insane number that nobody would have.
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 14:00
    'Double Meh'
    http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=sexism_videogames
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 14:19, Edited on 11 July 13 at 14:20 by True XenoBlade
    Dancsi27 said:
    And the trophy for: The worst and hardest arcade game completed 100% by 1 person goes to : The War of the Worlds :D
    Correction 2 people. The first person to do it was challenger428. TA put him on stat tracking because nobody could prove the achievement wasn't glitched and he didn't obtain it properly as nobody can do it. (despite the video walkthrough on his youtube channel proving him earn it) TA investigation team if i remember correctly didn't realize the guy couldn't speak english so when the sent a message for him to tell his side of the story he didn't understand what was happening until it happened ...

Of course it's not my business, might have been more games involved as he has a REALLY high ratio and plays nothing but hard games (which i guess looks dodgy to some extent) but none the less despite bit off topic (to an extent) 2 people here completed it laugh
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 14:28
    huh, was about to pick up War of the Worlds at some point.
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 14:31
    own one of the two . as bad as i'm hearing these games are always hate to see games get delisted. Im guessing expendables 2 will soon get the same treatment
  • BartonFiskBartonFisk233,665
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 14:45
    sucks that they pulled War of the worlds cause i would of picked it up sooner or later .
  • nelis99nelis99172,758
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 15:07
    not cool
  • ayx QQayx QQ361,373
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 15:42
    True XenoBlade said:
    Correction 2 people. The first person to do it was challenger428.

You know I was curious about him not being on the completion list. I thought it was because he was one of those gamers who didn't care about completion. For example, if you track top riders in Trials: Evolution they have the neckbreaking hard achievements but not ones like the collectables.

Thanks for that knowledge.
    XBLA addict.
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 15:43
    I can't believe people would spend MSP on this crap when there are a bunch of good games on XBLA, actually worth your time and money. These 2 piles of puke getting delisted is a favor to us all.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 July 13 at 15:47
    True XenoBlade said:
    Dancsi27 said:
    And the trophy for: The worst and hardest arcade game completed 100% by 1 person goes to : The War of the Worlds :D
    Correction 2 people. The first person to do it was challenger428. TA put him on stat tracking because nobody could prove the achievement wasn't glitched and he didn't obtain it properly as nobody can do it. (despite the video walkthrough on his youtube channel proving him earn it) TA investigation team if i remember correctly didn't realize the guy couldn't speak english so when the sent a message for him to tell his side of the story he didn't understand what was happening until it happened ...

Of course it's not my business, might have been more games involved as he has a REALLY high ratio and plays nothing but hard games (which i guess looks dodgy to some extent) but none the less despite bit off topic (to an extent) 2 people here completed it laugh
    oh crap, months ago i asked myself why this amazing Japanese gamer challenger428 was deleted from TA Leaderboards... he was one of the best player on this site (maybe the best?), he was also the first gamer to complete Black Knight Sword (one of the hardest xbla game) and the only one to complete it in 2012... his skill on his xbla vids on youtube is just crazy

so that's why i didn't understand why the investigation team keep him far from the leaderboards...
  • Dancsi27Dancsi27189,615
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 16:04
    sorry then, i didn't know about the 2nd person. when i looked at the game's achievement list, i saw that 1 person completed it 100% smile laugh

True XenoBlade said:
    Dancsi27 said:

laugh
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 16:10, Edited on 11 July 13 at 16:12 by ScreenSingerX
    War of the Worlds is now at the top of my list of games that I thought about buying, and only regretted not buying once they were delisted. It only makes the top because it's the one I most feel I should've bought. I don't know much about it, but it looks like it played similar to Limbo or Deadlight which I might've enjoyed.

Prof Hooblehof said:
    I can't believe people would spend MSP on this crap when there are a bunch of good games on XBLA, actually worth your time and money. These 2 piles of puke getting delisted is a favor to us all.
    Oh, good. I was worried gamers were getting a reputation as some sort of meth addicts who just have to buy everything available. Thank you for posting things like this and obviously not pushing that image at all....
  • Mad HecticMad Hectic488,637
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 16:13
    I thought this might happen soon. So I bought war of the worlds last month. Love the book and the movies. Te game looks great and a bitching hard achievement does not put me off. So glad I bought it.
  • SMacD upSMacD up184,804
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 16:36
    Sad to see games get delisted.

On the other hand, I grab the trial for every XBLA game and try them out, and more often than not the games are garbage. I can see why both of these had less than 6% conversion rates. I was definitely among the non-converters.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 July 13 at 16:47
    True XenoBlade said:
    Dancsi27 said:

Actually he got removed for having the Nail'd DLC achievements, which from what I heard can unlock if you live in Japan. But TA removed him anyway.
  • anthonyd46anthonyd461,900,214
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 17:02
    still havent been able to finish Days of Thunder the achievement for all the challenges i even erased my save and did it twice nothing
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka334,651
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 17:05
    Only hoarders are hurt by this news...
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE504,943
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 17:16
    was surprised Days of Thunder was still up last week
  • AKfoy0faceAKfoy0face677,921
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 17:19
    why is this news? bring us some news of some actual importance.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 July 13 at 17:37
    ...and the silence was deafening...
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads