Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Two More XBLA Titles are Delisted

• Posted on 11 July 13 at 17:39
    Is there an up to date list of delisted xbla games?
  • MomijiMomiji939,342
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 17:49
    II N0 Scope45 I said:
    True XenoBlade said:
    Dancsi27 said:
    And the trophy for: The worst and hardest arcade game completed 100% by 1 person goes to : The War of the Worlds :D
    Correction 2 people. The first person to do it was challenger428. TA put him on stat tracking because nobody could prove the achievement wasn't glitched and he didn't obtain it properly as nobody can do it. (despite the video walkthrough on his youtube channel proving him earn it) TA investigation team if i remember correctly didn't realize the guy couldn't speak english so when the sent a message for him to tell his side of the story he didn't understand what was happening until it happened ...

Of course it's not my business, might have been more games involved as he has a REALLY high ratio and plays nothing but hard games (which i guess looks dodgy to some extent) but none the less despite bit off topic (to an extent) 2 people here completed it laugh
    Actually he got removed for having the Nail'd DLC achievements, which from what I heard can unlock if you live in Japan. But TA removed him anyway.
    Seems that way since everyone who has those dlc achievements is japanese, well 8 of the 10 so they seem obtainable to some extent
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ReazieTV
  • troyoytroyoy871,790
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 17:58
    So why not put them on sale for dirt cheap or make them free? And tell us a month before you remove something M$?
    If you dont believe I have 10 xboxes check vic viper cheev for oct 28th 2012 in otomedius excellent.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude717,406
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 18:26
    While I hate delistings, I would never have played either of these.
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 19:17
    Not a loss for me.
    I can't wait for Lego Marvel Super Heroes to come out.
  • Gunstar RedGunstar Red1,574,504
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 19:18
    As mentioned earlier, any licensed game on XBLA is very susceptible to being delisted at any time. Also factor in the number of starters for a game on TA and you can get a good idea of what's on the chopping block.

I wasn't planning to get either game, but it was funny how I had an in-depth discussion about War of the Worlds during a boosting session yesterday and how only one person ever completed it.
  • Mad HecticMad Hectic468,683
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 20:01
    Raezie said:
    II N0 Scope45 I said:
    True XenoBlade said:
    Dancsi27 said:
    And the trophy for: The worst and hardest arcade game completed 100% by 1 person goes to : The War of the Worlds :D
    Correction 2 people. The first person to do it was challenger428. TA put him on stat tracking because nobody could prove the achievement wasn't glitched and he didn't obtain it properly as nobody can do it. (despite the video walkthrough on his youtube channel proving him earn it) TA investigation team if i remember correctly didn't realize the guy couldn't speak english so when the sent a message for him to tell his side of the story he didn't understand what was happening until it happened ...

Of course it's not my business, might have been more games involved as he has a REALLY high ratio and plays nothing but hard games (which i guess looks dodgy to some extent) but none the less despite bit off topic (to an extent) 2 people here completed it laugh
    Actually he got removed for having the Nail'd DLC achievements, which from what I heard can unlock if you live in Japan. But TA removed him anyway.
    Seems that way since everyone who has those dlc achievements is japanese, well 8 of the 10 so they seem obtainable to some extent
    Seems like this website now sucks to a certain extent. Basically down the banning must have been down to opinions of people who clearly have power issues. Let the guy game. Do research on cheaters properly and don't ban good gamers. Total joke.
  • MemoriesOfFinalMemoriesOfFinal1,377,944
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 21:05
    AKfoy0face said:
    why is this news? bring us some news of some actual importance.
    This is news, even if it isn't something you care about.

And this actually had some importance; my friend planned on buying War of the Worlds at some point laugh
  • Posted on 11 July 13 at 21:13
    Was hoping for Days of Thunder to hit 200msp one day since it's an easy completion.

Oh well.
  • BrutalGuitarBrutalGuitar1,617,174
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 21:40
    Days of Thunder was a terrible game but super easy to complete as long as you could find a boosting partner seeing that the online play for it was dead right from the start.
  • Seven ClipSeven Clip364,517
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 23:19
    Sucks to see more things de-listed, oh well.
  • zoidberg1339zoidberg1339493,332
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 23:21
    Vr English said:
    Where did that 6% statistic come from? Interesting post nonetheless.
    It seems so arbitrary. Why not 5% or 10%?
  • AwooAwoo1,782,347
    Posted on 11 July 13 at 23:42
    MemoriesOfFinal said:
    AKfoy0face said:
    why is this news? bring us some news of some actual importance.
    This is news, even if it isn't something you care about.

And this actually had some importance; my friend planned on buying War of the Worlds at some point laugh
    Damn you cry
    What can change the nature of a man?
  • Micah bell1Micah bell1228,630
    Posted on 12 July 13 at 00:56
    They could have just gave it to us as freebies, they would up their kudos, we would be playing their games, and wouldn't have felt as much of a waste of time or money.
  • InkyInky188,658
  • Hunter KahnHunter Kahn340,956
    Posted on 12 July 13 at 01:32
    Sort of bummed that I never bought War of the Worlds. I always had a morbid curiosity about that game given how difficult it is.
  • Gearbolt013Gearbolt013775,578
    Posted on 12 July 13 at 01:58
    xiphumbra said:
    I feel sorry for anyone that actually paid for Days of Thunder. That game was pure fucking trash. It's the cousin of NBA Unrivaled.
    I agree 100%. Days of Thunder and NBA Unrivaled are terriable games. Never got a chance to play War of the Worlds however. If it gets re-listed, I'll have to check it out.
  • Large CoffeeLarge Coffee394,173
    Posted on 12 July 13 at 02:11
    Picked up War of the Worlds right before The Bean Dive. smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 July 13 at 05:59
    Never played Days of Thunder and didn't care for War of the Worlds anymore after playing (or trying to play) the trial.

I've grown more and more afraid of delistings ever since the X1 was announced; I'm going to stock up on DLC and XBLA games even more than I already have so I can go on long after everything has been removed to make room for the X1 Live.
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • bobby trippebobby trippe447,004
    Posted on 12 July 13 at 06:16
    Raezie said:
    II N0 Scope45 I said:
    True XenoBlade said:
    Dancsi27 said:

I am the other person to have completed the game. Is that what happened to challenger? I believe 100% that he got this game legit and did probably get the others the same way. I could not have done the game without his videos. On The War of the Worlds leaderboard, he still has the number one time for the game, I am second. He played the SHIT out of this game!!!!! Far better than I did.

One day a while back, I noticed that my ratio for this game doubled and that he no longer had the achievement. While it is cool I have an achievement worth a 16.3 ratio, I really do not think it is fair I got it this way. Perhaps I do not know all the details, but I think his case needs to be reviewed. Would anyone be willing to start/sign a petition in favor of having his privileges reinstated?

To those that wished they purchased this game, well, it was balls hard!!!!!! The game looked great, nice music score, Patrick Stewart. But oh my god was it ever demanding and precise and luck based. I spent over a month straight, no other games, working on it. If you are really curious, Playstation may still carry it. The game was not that great, let it go.
    bt
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.