Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Two More XBLA Titles are Delisted

• JamPound32JamPound321,072,012
    Posted on 12 July 13 at 10:33
    Eh, it sucks to see games getting delisted but these 2 are not much of a big loss. Bring back Paperboy and make me happy. :D
  • Posted on 12 July 13 at 14:58
    punkyliar said:
    The criteria has existed since 2008 when delistings were first announced. The criteria was confirmed by Xbox Live's general manager Marc Whitten in an interview with Edge and has appeared in news articles and statements since then. The only thing in that interview that isn't correct is that Microsoft don't give a 3 month notice before the titles are removed.
    Interesting, did not know that, thanks for the detail and the link as bonus (and the article itself of course)True XenoBlade said:
    ... but nonetheless 2 people here completed it laugh
    Interesting! Sounds like a genuine really tough completion.bobby trippe said:
    I am the other person to have completed the game ... I could not have done the game without his videos. On The War of the Worlds leaderboard, he still has the number one time for the game, I am second. He played ... this game far better than I did.
    Peace & Love!clapzoidberg1339 said:
    Vr English said:
    Where did that 6% statistic come from?
    It seems so arbitrary. Why not 5% or 10%?
    The irony being that both those numbers are also arbitrary... laugh
    =Semper Fi=
  • Posted on 12 July 13 at 18:24
    Thanks Matty
  • matdanmatdan796,012
    Posted on 13 July 13 at 03:25
    Bye bye games that no one will remember in a few minutes.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 July 13 at 10:29
    matdan12 said:
    I will Always remember War of the Worlds as a game that had so much potential... Patrick Steward as the narrator, awesome story and visuals... yet the game was no fun at all
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • matdanmatdan796,012
    Posted on 13 July 13 at 11:37
    Billy Horrible said:
    matdan12 said:
    I will Always remember War of the Worlds as a game that had so much potential... Patrick Steward as the narrator, awesome story and visuals... yet the game was no fun at all
    Yeah I was so hoping it would be good and all I hear at launch was about how brutal and soul sucking it was. Just look at the solution from the one guy who managed to complete it his solution is massive.
  • WanzerfanWanzerfan35,523
    Posted on 13 July 13 at 16:25
    When Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Decade of Duels went de-listed I could get the demo, but I couldnt unlock the full version of the game (you can tell when you cant get a game when the game is -1MSP). At least the reason why that game was de-listed is because it went through a major overhaul.

Now if Dreamfall: The Longest Journey can come back to the Marketplace...
  • Wanderer128Wanderer128202,855 202,855 GamerScore
    Posted on 14 July 13 at 02:00
    bobby trippe said:
    Raezie said:
    II N0 Scope45 I said:
    True XenoBlade said:
    Dancsi27 said:
    And the trophy for: The worst and hardest arcade game completed 100% by 1 person goes to : The War of the Worlds :D
    Correction 2 people. The first person to do it was challenger428. TA put him on stat tracking because nobody could prove the achievement wasn't glitched and he didn't obtain it properly as nobody can do it. (despite the video walkthrough on his youtube channel proving him earn it) TA investigation team if i remember correctly didn't realize the guy couldn't speak english so when the sent a message for him to tell his side of the story he didn't understand what was happening until it happened ...

Of course it's not my business, might have been more games involved as he has a REALLY high ratio and plays nothing but hard games (which i guess looks dodgy to some extent) but none the less despite bit off topic (to an extent) 2 people here completed it laugh
    Actually he got removed for having the Nail'd DLC achievements, which from what I heard can unlock if you live in Japan. But TA removed him anyway.
    Seems that way since everyone who has those dlc achievements is japanese, well 8 of the 10 so they seem obtainable to some extent
    I am the other person to have completed the game. Is that what happened to challenger? I believe 100% that he got this game legit and did probably get the others the same way. I could not have done the game without his videos. On The War of the Worlds leaderboard, he still has the number one time for the game, I am second. He played the SHIT out of this game!!!!! Far better than I did.

One day a while back, I noticed that my ratio for this game doubled and that he no longer had the achievement. While it is cool I have an achievement worth a 16.3 ratio, I really do not think it is fair I got it this way. Perhaps I do not know all the details, but I think his case needs to be reviewed. Would anyone be willing to start/sign a petition in favor of having his privileges reinstated?

To those that wished they purchased this game, well, it was balls hard!!!!!! The game looked great, nice music score, Patrick Stewart. But oh my god was it ever demanding and precise and luck based. I spent over a month straight, no other games, working on it. If you are really curious, Playstation may still carry it. The game was not that great, let it go.
    Signed, Wanderer128
    Wanderer128 - See this Thread!!!: http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?threadid=35
  • Posted on 14 July 13 at 06:23
    Not a big deal for me, but I understand it could be a problem for folks who want them. I've never been into racing games, and while I downloaded the trail for War of the Worlds ages ago the only thing that I found attractive about the game was Patrick Stewart narration.
  • notion3000notion3000449,912
    Posted on 29 December 19 at 23:04
    Reading this now. Wondering if I could ever find a way of playing War of the Worlds!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.