Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Windows Phone Release: November 13th, 2013

• litepinklitepink307,659
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka323,649
    Posted on 13 November 13 at 21:11
    Free!!
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • borstalborstal276,633
    Posted on 13 November 13 at 21:13
    long grind trying to avoid microtransactions?
    Vic-20 to 360
  • XtowersXtowers857,755
    Posted on 13 November 13 at 21:24
    Moar please.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 13 November 13 at 21:37
    It would be nice to see a new WP8 racing game being released, because their few and far between these days cry
    Eels Forever
  • LeviAJonesLeviAJones399,521
    Posted on 13 November 13 at 21:43
    So tired of the freemium games. If it's good, I'll buy it. How's that?
    If you get good at making excuses, it's difficult to get good at anything else.
  • Dalthon74Dalthon741,265,468
  • coipcoip291,967
    Posted on 13 November 13 at 21:52, Edited on 13 November 13 at 21:54 by coip
    Dalthon74 said:
    nice but Asphalt 8: Airborne is non-Xbox Live title :(
    http://windowsphone.com/s?appId=3a9e6a13-433b-495d-879e-d470...
    So frustrating. There's a Twitter campaign running now to complain to Microsoft and now Gameloft too about the omission of Xbox status on new Windows Phone and Windows 8 games: #SaveXboxWP

For those asking, Kingdoms & Lords is a pretty fun game. It is too early to tell how grindy it will be and how much the freemium part detracts (I also would've gladly paid for a normal version), but it doesn't seem to be too bad yet. Give it a shot if you like turn-based RPGs, strategy games, or city building simulations.
  • Posted on 13 November 13 at 22:03
    well im glad I got rid of my wp7 but unfortunatelu ive given up on wp in all as I don't believe there was enough support for us so called guniea pigs. rememeber this ms I tried and tested your product for 1and 1/2 years but it feels like I got stabbed In the back on this side of things.
    goodluck to all wp 8 owners I hope you don't suffer the same fate. off topic I am still a ms fanboy so to speak as I will be recieveing my xbox one on Friday 22/11 so bring it on
  • Dancing RobDancing Rob158,768
    Posted on 13 November 13 at 22:40
    reviews seem to suggest it's bog standard freemium crap, almost unplayable without hefty IAP.

I'll be avoiding!
  • Bob101910Bob101910857,395
    Posted on 13 November 13 at 22:41
    This game often does not save my notification settings.
  • Posted on 13 November 13 at 23:40
    Feel free to friend me for this game for as long as I play it, I'll send gifts if you reciprocate. Having friends in this game is really useful for upgrading units and mitigating the need to purchase gems or waiting to earn them.
    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9778718&rrid=06CBFF26-5449-4F6E-8B29-4445E51F4B80 Get free MSP!!!
  • Chris8875Chris8875682,297
    Posted on 13 November 13 at 23:56
    This game also works quite nicely with the "time change trick".

You have a certain amount of energy that allows you to perform in-game actions - from harvesting to collecting coins, etc. The energy regenerates every 3 minutes for free, but often you don't have enough.

What you can do is save the game, exit, change your clock by winding it forward a couple of hours to allow crops to grow, other actions to complete, then go back into the game. You'll have lots of energy built up so you can collect everything, make money, advance units, plant crops ....

And then you can repeat it again. Just ensure you don't pop any achievements while you are doing the time trick or else you are in jeopardy of them not appearing.

Overall the game is a good one. Gather some friends and swap gifts, items (via the market you get at Level 15), invade each other's territory and defend your territory (there are achievements for both actions).

Losing units in "battles" with friends is no great stress either, they are easily trained up again.
  • coipcoip291,967
    Posted on 13 November 13 at 23:58
    TheGuardian118 said:
    Feel free to friend me for this game for as long as I play it, I'll send gifts if you reciprocate. Having friends in this game is really useful for upgrading units and mitigating the need to purchase gems or waiting to earn them.
    I had a question about sending gifts to friends. In the game you can request gifts from friends or just send them some unsolicited. Correct me if I'm wrong but there is no downside to doing this, right? That is, it doesn't cost me anything to send you an item you need (i.e., I'm not losing the item for personal use).

Also, for those avoiding the game because of the IAP--first, let me say that I am with you in opposing freemium games and IAP, and maybe it's too early to tell since I've only been playing a few days, but I don't think this game is as bad as other ones. It's not like Tetris Blitz where thy asked you every time to log into Facebook or buy upgrades that really affect your score (i.e., boosts are necessary to enjoy the game). This one actually seems much more reasonable in that you can definitely play it without having to buy anything. Buying stuff would just really enable you to accelerate gameplay, but the current pace without the extra "jewels" is pretty fair.
  • capicawlcapicawl742,169
    Posted on 14 November 13 at 00:04
    So glad im stuck with this wp7 until June. angry
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,407,502
    Posted on 14 November 13 at 00:04
    Has anyone here played Six Guns on WP8 and Win 8? This game should be coming to Windows 8 at some point (was announced, at the very least), so how does Gameloft handle progress/achievement progress across the two versions of Six Guns? Is it like their Uno and Friends, where you just save all the progress between versions (and unlock achievements simulatenously on either platform), or more like 17-BIT's Skulls of the Shogun (which can really screw up your achievements if you play on multiple platforms).
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,289,657
    Posted on 14 November 13 at 01:15
    Six guns for Win 8 has been out for several weeks now. It is supposed to work like UNO where achievements unlock automatically if you have them on either version of the game. It seem sbuggy though. Only some achievements unlocked for me.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty842,364
    Posted on 14 November 13 at 01:22, Edited on 14 November 13 at 01:23 by NawtyCawty
    Howling Crazy said:
    well im glad I got rid of my wp7 but unfortunatelu ive given up on wp in all as I don't believe there was enough support for us so called guniea pigs. rememeber this ms I tried and tested your product for 1and 1/2 years but it feels like I got stabbed In the back on this side of things.
    goodluck to all wp 8 owners I hope you don't suffer the same fate. off topic I am still a ms fanboy so to speak as I will be recieveing my xbox one on Friday 22/11 so bring it on
    Well of course they will get stabbed in the back. It's Microsoft we are talking about. There will be a WP9 in about 12 months tops. Although it does look absolute crap so us WP7 owners have been lucky for once it seems.
  • PetrifiedPetrified1,552,826
    Posted on 14 November 13 at 02:30
    I hate Gameloft but free is free
  • UnveiledArkUnveiledArk696,408
    Posted on 14 November 13 at 04:12
    great game so far!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.