Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Zoo Tycoon Screens Focus on the Cute & Furry

• JakeythedudeJakeythedude703,851
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 05:27Permalink
    I love Tycoon games. I hope this is good.
  • SambaSamba431,790
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 05:43Permalink
    I can see myself playing this when I'm done with the "AAA" release games.
  • KingyOwlKingyOwl351,286
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 07:11Permalink
    matdan12 said:
    For more info look here:
    http://tinyurl.com/kxbh42e
    Having read your link, I actually see this as good news! Not interested personally in multiplayer or touching animals with Kinect so the 360 version will be perfect for me by just offering single player Zoo management!
  • SlavenBOSSSlavenBOSS804,144
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 07:49Permalink
    Need a demo to consider buying it
  • BIG P3TEBIG P3TE200,438 200,438 GamerScore
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 07:59, Edited on 15 November 13 at 08:00 by BIG P3TEPermalink
    I've played this already at a press event, and it's actually pretty decent. I was first drawn to this game at the event because of the quality of the graphics on the XO..
    Veteran Gamer (Started on ZX81) | Gaming Journalist | Owner:- Game-play.Tv | Xbox Live Ambassador
  • Im LoganXPIm LoganXP328,738
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 08:16Permalink
    I may look into picking this game up....
  • matdanmatdan701,000
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 09:47Permalink
    KingyOwl said:
    matdan12 said:
    For more info look here:
    Having read your link, I actually see this as good news! Not interested personally in multiplayer or touching animals with Kinect so the 360 version will be perfect for me by just offering single player Zoo management!
    "We can have 55 maybe, we're still working on the exact specifics for that." So 55 animals out of the 100 confirmed.

That does certainly sounds like something that is SP related,
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty527,999
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 10:06Permalink
    matdan12 said:
    Wouldn't touch the 360 version unfortunately as a lot of stuff has been stripped from it i.e. half as many animals, no co-op and a few other features are only on next-gen.
    Still better than paying £480 for the One version laugh
  • drabikdrabik344,160
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 10:16Permalink
    I preferred Zoo Tycoon to Zoo Tycoon 2 (same for RCT1/2 to RCT3) due to the top-down views and simplicity, but this still does look fantastic, and is an obvious step in the right direction for the series.

It's a shame that some of the features will be removed/reduced according to other posters, as I have no intention of getting Xbox One any time soon :(
    [20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
  • Posted on 15 November 13 at 12:21, Edited on 15 November 13 at 13:02 by Pixel Smash 93Permalink
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    Not sure
    Aww get it. You need a relaxing game after GTA 5.

Xbox.com and half a dozen retailers have it listed as a 22nd launch for both one and 360.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce762,697
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 12:39Permalink
    matdan12 said:
    KingyOwl said:
    matdan12 said:
    For more info look here:
    "We can have 55 maybe, we're still working on the exact specifics for that." So 55 animals out of the 100 confirmed.

I believe that number refers to how many animals you can have at any one time in the zoo (due to rendering capabilities), not the types of animals that are available.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • NMNNMN510,035
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 15:38Permalink
    Off Topic, but it has animals in it:
    I want Rayman Rabbids for my Xbox WAAAAAHHHH

And, this game looks nice for kids.
  • matdanmatdan701,000
    Posted on 15 November 13 at 15:43Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:
    matdan12 said:
    KingyOwl said:
    matdan12 said:
    For more info look here:

I believe that number refers to how many animals you can have at any one time in the zoo (due to rendering capabilities), not the types of animals that are available.
    Considering the full list of animals totals 100 I am taking it that it means how many species will be available over how many can be in the one zoo. I am hoping someone will clarify that when it releases as I would be curious as the developers do not seem to know what their own game is capable of.
  • Posted on 15 November 13 at 17:21Permalink
    Screenshot 3 shows a golf cart jumping.... makes sense to me!
  • XtowersXtowers506,892
    Posted on 20 December 13 at 21:27Permalink
    Did someone say furry?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.