Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Games of 2007

• Posted on 17 November 13 at 09:00
    looking at the game featured here, 2007 really was an incredible year
  • Morpheus414Morpheus414311,925
    Posted on 17 November 13 at 09:02
    Great games.

Sad that people only bought an admittedly brilliant game for The Beta. I made sure to wait until I had finished playing that to actually get Crackdown.

(Friends & Family invite. wink)

But this was a great list.
  • Posted on 17 November 13 at 09:50
    No love for Ace Combat 6? That game was fantastic.
  • YaziteYazite487,545
    Posted on 17 November 13 at 11:22, Edited on 17 November 13 at 11:24 by Yazite
    Halo 3, Bioshock, Guitar Hero 3, CoD 4 and The Orange box all deserve to be there.
    Halo 3 was truly a fantastic game and it was the only reason I bought an Xbox 360 at the time.

A revolutionary year for gaming.
  • Posted on 17 November 13 at 11:24
    DOOM The Return said:
    ptracey1421 said:
    Wow. Didn't bother reading the rest of the article after I got to the end of GHIII and saw that 'sitting in closets everywhere' bullshit. What a self-centered assumption to think just because one person sucks or doesn't enjoy jamming out on the plastic guitar as much as everyone else, that the game is dead. I still play GHII-GH:WoR till today! The only Rock Band worth playing is 3 since all the songs are transferred via liscence purchases.

Would have been a game changer is Activision ever stepped up their game like Harmonix and made a 'super' GH That allowed you to transfer/download all the previous GH tracks, starting from GHII onward. I think that would've given the franchise a little more longevity at least. Would've helped keep it in the running with Harmonix a little longer at least, given em a run for their money. laugh
    Somebody sure does love GH3.
    What I was thinking......so tragic.

Like, is this reality? Really? Daaaaaaamn......
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug ;)
  • matdanmatdan840,652
    Posted on 17 November 13 at 11:34
    Quantum Binman said:
    No love for Ace Combat 6? That game was fantastic.
    Check my list earlier. It seems very few people know the quality games because the more hyped games take the spotlight. Ace Combat 5 is the best modern flight sim ever and had some of the best story. Ace Combat 6 was significantly less so but the large-scale battles added something new plus Gracemaria was a nice change of scenery.
  • Posted on 17 November 13 at 15:20
    Some truly great games here.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 November 13 at 15:33
    I loved Halo 3 and Bioshock.
  • ElyohElyoh1,036,248
    Posted on 17 November 13 at 20:52
    Wow I never realised these all came out in the same year. I voted for Mass Effect and Bioshock in my generational games voting, but Halo 3 and MW were still amazing games in their time.
  • Posted on 18 November 13 at 03:36
    I loved Modern Warfare, I think it was the game that got me into the FPS genre. Mass Effect was a fun game. I have Bioshock yet I haven't completed it yet, but from what I've played I enjoyed it.
  • Posted on 18 November 13 at 14:23
    I've only played Bioshock. So meh to this list.
    Going to retire from M$ and move my business to Sony very soon.
  • Big EllBig Ell1,699,589
    Posted on 18 November 13 at 14:32
    For those of you who preferred GH3 to Rock Band...you only played solo guitar, I'm sure. To this day, nothing beats 4 player local band co-op with 2 guitarists, a drummer, and a singer. Hell, now you can even have 3 singers! ;)
  • Posted on 18 November 13 at 14:51
    Why is Rock Band #3 when #'s 4 and 5 have both a better community rating AND a higher metacritic rating?
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • Posted on 18 November 13 at 15:16, Edited on 18 November 13 at 15:19 by osubluejacket
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    Why is Rock Band #3 when #'s 4 and 5 have both a better community rating AND a higher metacritic rating?
    It's a bit too late for me to explain this, but if everyone would take a minute and observe that none of the "Fine Five" (or the "Honorable Mentions") have numbers attached to them. As I wrote this, I took special pains NOT to rank them. They are in no particular order and are a reflection of five of the best games of this generation in this particular year.

Once again, THERE IS NO RANKING IN THIS LIST.
    TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
  • Posted on 18 November 13 at 16:16
    osubluejacket said:
    EMPATH1C MIM1C said:
    It's a bit too late for me to explain this, but if everyone would take a minute and observe that none of the "Fine Five" (or the "Honorable Mentions") have numbers attached to them. As I wrote this, I took special pains NOT to rank them. They are in no particular order and are a reflection of five of the best games of this generation in this particular year.

Once again, THERE IS NO RANKING IN THIS LIST.
    Ahhh, understood. Thank you for the correction.
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • Posted on 18 November 13 at 23:37
    I think bioshock has got to be one of the greatest games i ever played. It was my first 360 game. Its up there with super mario world and final fantasy 7 as my favourite games of all time.
  • BetrugerBetruger222,617
    Posted on 19 November 13 at 05:38
    2007 Was an epic year Halo 3 which i ended up spending over 400 hours on according to 360 voice/raptr, Bioshock, cod 4, a few guitar heroes before the series became repetitive.

I hope the xbox one gets a year like this if not better
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 November 13 at 06:15
    100% agree with Bioshock. I'm all for opinion and being fair on subjective matters but if you don't like Bioshock in some way then there's got to be something wrong with you.
    Do you even know what an idiom is? Uh, It's a colloquial metaphor?
  • Posted on 19 November 13 at 09:03
    Oh how I miss the days of the music game genres. GH II, and GH III were some of my biggest time consumers. Although COD 4 was my game of 2007. Although I must admit I didn't play it on 360 till '08. I first played it when I had a decent PC in '07 and when I got a 360 in 2008 is when I got it for the console.
  • Solario32Solario32347,522
    Posted on 19 November 13 at 20:11
    Never could get into Rock Band, but I did enjoy the other 4 games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.