Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Huge Square Enix Sale Now Live

• frenchdawgfrenchdawg1,037,941
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 00:57
    holy shit sleeping dogs is only $10 in Australia. We've had the best deals lately, Microsoft usually snubs us hardcore!
  • matdanmatdan796,028
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 01:15
    FRENCHDAWG said:
    holy shit sleeping dogs is only $10 in Australia. We've had the best deals lately, Microsoft usually snubs us hardcore!
    REALLY want to get it but I dunno so much DLC not sure if it is worth waiting for a complete edition. But I guess it makes up for the fact that Underworld is still $30 on the marketplace.
  • Posted on 14 March 13 at 02:20
    matdan12 said:
    FRENCHDAWG said:
    REALLY want to get it but I dunno so much DLC not sure if it is worth waiting for a complete edition. But I guess it makes up for the fact that Underworld is still $30 on the marketplace.
    Do any game published by Square Enix get GOTY treatment ? I don't think they've jumped on that bandwagon never before so it's safe to think they won't now.

Those DLC are cosmetic only, adding new kung-fu moves, outfits, weapons and/or little edge on player's stats as more melee resistance, etc.

Campaign DLC = year of the snake, that tournament on island whatever and the nightmare in point somewhat.

BTW there's also showing at 840 msp at certain marketplaces. I'm still on the fence as I always prefer physical stuff but I doubt to find it at 7.20€ any sooner.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,155,532
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 02:25
    Z4M0 said:
    matdan12 said:
    FRENCHDAWG said:
    Do any game published by Square Enix get GOTY treatment ? I don't think they've jumped on that bandwagon never before so it's safe to think they won't now.

Those DLC are cosmetic only, adding new kung-fu moves, outfits, weapons and/or little edge on player's stats as more melee resistance, etc.

Campaign DLC = year of the snake, that tournament on island whatever and the nightmare in point somewhat.

BTW there's also showing at 840 msp at certain marketplaces. I'm still on the fence as I always prefer physical stuff but I doubt to find it at 7.20€ any sooner.
    A mere 400MSP on the Hungarian marketplace, region and VPN free (so I've been told).
    Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
  • matdanmatdan796,028
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 02:59
    Someone will have to explain how to get it on the hungarian marketplace/
  • arasmaarasma609,851
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 10:26
    SENTURY111 said:
    Z4M0 said:
    400msp in hungary ? wow...might be time to create an hungarian account...
    I created a Hungarian account to buy the game for 400 MSP but don't know how to get points onto the account.

I bought an online code for 400 points and tried to redeem but it wouldn't work on the Hungarian account.

Anyone know how I can add points to the other account? I know you can't transfer points from one account to another so how would I do this?

Thanks
    Hungarian Accounts only add point codes of 800 or more
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 12:25, Edited on 14 March 13 at 12:25 by xPut Name Herex
    arasma said:
    SENTURY111 said:
    Z4M0 said:
    I created a Hungarian account to buy the game for 400 MSP but don't know how to get points onto the account.

I bought an online code for 400 points and tried to redeem but it wouldn't work on the Hungarian account.

Anyone know how I can add points to the other account? I know you can't transfer points from one account to another so how would I do this?

Thanks
    That would have been good to know before I tried to redeem a 400MSP code from amazon, or redeemed some Bing points for a 400MSP card (not that I've tried that yet, still waiting on the email) facepalm

Thanks! toast
  • Posted on 14 March 13 at 12:44
    arasma said:
    SENTURY111 said:
    Z4M0 said:

Thanks
    Finally some info on this matter... thanks! Now I have to determine if saving 400 msp is worth having another 400 sitting on a side hungarian account (always could use to get some of the game's DLC tho)
  • Posted on 14 March 13 at 13:25
    Z4M0 said:
    arasma said:
    SENTURY111 said:
    Z4M0 said:

Thanks
    Finally some info on this matter... thanks! Now I have to determine if saving 400 msp is worth having another 400 sitting on a side hungarian account (always could use to get some of the game's DLC tho)
    You need to make sure that you use either a region unlocked MSP card or a European MSP card. After I did that, it worked for me.
    Snipers get more head
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 17:15
    Z4M0 said:
    arasma said:
    SENTURY111 said:
    Z4M0 said:

Thanks
    I just was able to add 400 MSP that I got through Bing rewards, which I know to be region-free. So there's that.

And I wouldn't worry about having leftover points on a Hungarian account, as they always seem to get the cheapest of these GoD sales. Look at the following gamer's blog for examples from the past sale: Wallace Suka's blog post - Games on Demand sale that require no VPN list. Update: German version of Sleeping Dogs is on sale.
  • Posted on 16 March 13 at 17:36
    I made a Swedish account and got Sleeping Dogs for 400MSP. Had no problem adding a 400 point code to it.
  • Posted on 19 March 13 at 17:29
    Sleeping Dogs is incredible. $20 new (on demand) is a steal.
  • yollom69yollom69173,793
    Posted on 26 March 13 at 17:18, Edited on 26 March 13 at 17:19 by yollom69
    Missed this offer angry Anyone know how often Square Enix have these sales?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.