Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Zoo Tycoon Developer Interview

• LavindatharLavindathar1,490,659
    Posted on 15 July 13 at 00:02Permalink
    I loved tycoon games on the pc....so, ill get this. Now give roller coaster and railroad tycoon!
  • Posted on 15 July 13 at 00:17Permalink
    Why cant this be Roller Coaster Tycoon instead cry
    Death is the outcome of failure
  • NMNNMN512,310
    Posted on 15 July 13 at 05:41Permalink
    Poo Tycoon.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude712,346
    Posted on 15 July 13 at 06:43Permalink
    A game that supports animals in real life? I'm in.
  • Posted on 15 July 13 at 10:29Permalink
    I wonder what these challenges are that they're tracking. Seems like it would either have to be a separate game mode or the game could only be played online. AndI'd be interested to know more about how much MS is going to be donating. (And I'm sure you can cue people with snarky comments and letters turned into dollar signs, but no matter what the number is it'll sure as hell be more than I've ever donated to anything.)

Either way, game sounds fun. Kind of like management sim meets Kinectimals. The cover art doesn't give much indication, but I'm hoping there's a fair number of animals to choose from. I've never played the PC game so I don't know if the selection is usually very wide.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty533,169
    Posted on 15 July 13 at 12:18Permalink
    Lavindathar said:
    I loved tycoon games on the pc....so, ill get this. Now give roller coaster and railroad tycoon!
    Or even better....Theme Park!!!
  • Posted on 15 July 13 at 12:27Permalink
    Something different than shooting stuff. Count me in.
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen613,317
    Posted on 15 July 13 at 17:51Permalink
    Love me some Tycoon games. Bring it!
    Deep into that darkness peering.. Long I stood there.. wondering..fearing.. doubting..
  • Kyuubi AlphaKyuubi Alpha929,054
    Posted on 15 July 13 at 19:59Permalink
    wow yet another PC port lets hope they do rollercoster next
  • darth3piodarth3pio83,119 83,119 GamerScore
    Posted on 15 July 13 at 21:11, Edited on 15 July 13 at 21:12 by darth3pioPermalink
    Actually, this sounds like it could be a load of bullsh*t, no PC version? Kinect enabled? Really?
    Current Gaming Devices - HTC x310e - P8Z77-V Pro; 8GB RAM; Intel Core i7-2600K; GTX 570
  • Nitecrawlah2Nitecrawlah2104,739
    Posted on 15 July 13 at 21:43Permalink
    I can't believe I've never heard of these games before. Reading the article brought out the kid in me a bit, this could be a lot of fun!

Jurassic Park version on the PC? Must find lol
  • caelichcaelich123,223
    Posted on 15 July 13 at 21:59Permalink
    4 player zoo creation? Nice. Too bad all my friends want to do is shoot things. Would be hard talking anyone I know into playing this with me. laugh

But I'm looking forward to it.

Jake2355 said:
    A game that supports animals in real life? I'm in.
    Yeah this sounds awesome.
    Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell.
  • LAFTALAFTA541,124
    Posted on 15 July 13 at 22:59Permalink
    This sounds really good actually. One for the family for sure.
    www.youtube.com/LAFTA
  • Posted on 15 July 13 at 23:06Permalink
    This is great, I've always wanted to try the Zoo Tycoon games. The fact that playing the game will help animals in real life makes it that much more intriguing. I'm hoping the 360 version will be Kinect-free or Kinect-optional...the article specifically mentions taking advantage of new features on the Kinect for Xbox One; nowhere does it mention the 360 Kinect...fingers crossed!
  • RYN16RYN16481,600
    Posted on 16 July 13 at 00:26Permalink
    Never heard of this before but, it seems like my sort of thing. This is the sort of game I only play on PC though can anyone who has played the existing PC versions tell me whether they think they are worth picking up (the existing pc games not this obviously)?
  • Posted on 16 July 13 at 16:40Permalink
    I never played Zoo Tycoon, but if its anything like Dino Park Tycoon, I'm in.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.