mancide
mancide
Posted on 19 November 13 at 11:13
#JumpAhead this Friday, and other deals from US Retailers

Please click here to read the story: US Deal Roundup for November 19th, 2013
ScuzzyBunny
ScuzzyBunny
Posted on 19 November 13 at 11:40
Ouch...for some reason I was under the impression Zoo Tycoon was a cheaper game! Hopefully my Wal Mart will have it in stock, as it isn't one you can pre-order (though plants vs zombies is)
Look at me so I can finish!
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 19 November 13 at 11:51
shock Dat Best Buy package...so tempting..
Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
Handydarkness
Handydarkness
Posted on 19 November 13 at 12:07
Grabbing Defiance.
YA BILLY
YA BILLY
Posted on 19 November 13 at 12:10
Toys r us $50 gift card here I come.
Geoffistopheles
Posted on 19 November 13 at 12:17
Zoo Tycoon being a timed Walmart exclusive just made me scratch my head. Oh well, digital download or wait until it loses exclusivity for me.
BlazinBuckwheat
Posted on 19 November 13 at 12:26
So Microsoft will give you a $10 gift card for pre ordering games. That's great and everything, but I, because of Microsoft have decided to go all digital this gen, to take advantage of all the X1 features. So what about those people, I'm going to download Forza, Ryse, BF4, DR3 and Zoo Tycoon all on day one. Microsoft is pushing digital, yet they have no offers for doing so, while on retail discs they still do.
IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!!!! BlaziNBuckwheaT
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 19 November 13 at 12:28
BlazinBuckwheat said:
So Microsoft will give you a $10 gift card for pre ordering games. That's great and everything, but I, because of Microsoft have decided to go all digital this gen, to take advantage of all the X1 features. So what about those people, I'm going to download Forza, Ryse, BF4, DR3 and Zoo Tycoon all on day one. Microsoft is pushing digital, yet they have no offers for doing so, while on retail discs they still do.
That's not Microsoft, that's the Microsoft Store. They are a separate business from Microsoft corporation, just that they bought the license to sell exclusively Microsoft productions from the corporation, but remain their own company and make their own pricing decisions. Hence why one is offering specials and the other isn't.
Hiffwe
Hiffwe
Posted on 19 November 13 at 12:41
xPut Name Herex said:
BlazinBuckwheat said:
That's not Microsoft, that's the Microsoft Store. They are a separate business from Microsoft corporation, just that they bought the license to sell exclusively Microsoft productions from the corporation, but remain their own company and make their own pricing decisions. Hence why one is offering specials and the other isn't.
Are you sure? I really doubt they're an autonomous entity, it just seems so... weird.
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 19 November 13 at 12:46
Hiffwe said:
xPut Name Herex said:
BlazinBuckwheat said:
Are you sure? I really doubt they're an autonomous entity, it just seems so... weird.
Yeah, it appears they actually own them, messed that up redface I thought it was semi-franchised but I guess Microsoft has been the one opening these stores since 2009.
THE DEADLY DOG
Posted on 19 November 13 at 14:57
Kinda bummed about the Wal Mart exclusive on Zoo Tycoon. Still have to snag it though.
~Live Long and Prosper~
Onsidic
Onsidic
Posted on 19 November 13 at 16:09
Someone wrote that Best Buy package so tempting.. looks like its around $120 for 2 years of coverage from GeekSquad...
litepink
litepink
Posted on 19 November 13 at 16:41
THE DEADLY DOG said:
Kinda bummed about the Wal Mart exclusive on Zoo Tycoon. Still have to snag it though.
It’s available digital from Day One and is a timed retail exclusive so it should be arriving elsewhere down the road.

Onsidic said:
Someone wrote that Best Buy package so tempting.. looks like its around $120 for 2 years of coverage from GeekSquad...
It also gets you a Gamers Club Unlocked Membership which includes:
20% off all new games, up to 3 per title
10% off used games
10% extra on trade-ins
@Gamer magazine with valuable coupons (this was a part of the old GCU, so it’s actaully going away in May)

Their used selection isn’t the greatest, but they have inticing trade-in specials in attempts to increase their used inventory. The @Gamer coupons have been awesome over the years – I can’t tell you how many games I’ve gotten from it (and how many I was able to sell/trade for a profit).

But the 20% off new games is the real kicker. The membership costs $120 (if we feel the Geek Squad protection is worthless, like I do), or separately it’s also $120. Past Gamers Club Unlocked members got a coupon to renew for $30 for two years though! That’s what I’m doing. The 20% off plus 10% trade-in bump will more than pay for my GCU membership.
My TA Deal Blog: http://tinyurl.com/6t8nzpd
Xtowers
Xtowers
Posted on 19 November 13 at 17:07
Angry Birds Star Wars on the phone = $2

Angry Birds Star Wars on the 360 = $50

...Makes sense to me.
Silicon Iceman
Posted on 19 November 13 at 17:28, Edited on 19 November 13 at 17:34 by Silicon Iceman
O.K., I just did the math: The Best Buy Epic Gaming Package is not worth it unless you REALLY want an Xbone right now and are willing to pay a premium or The Best Buy Gamers Club and Geek Squad protection thing is something that really appeals to you since you'd be paying $80 for both services.
ScuzzyBunny
ScuzzyBunny
Posted on 19 November 13 at 17:35
Xtowers said:
Angry Birds Star Wars on the phone = $2

Angry Birds Star Wars on the 360 = $50

...Makes sense to me.
I thought it was $39.99 at launch...I know I bought mine from GF for $25. Maybe its a typo.
Look at me so I can finish!
lildevilbmxer
lildevilbmxer
Posted on 19 November 13 at 18:03
bestbuy what a freaking rip off geek squad is a joke what a way to get an extra $140 outta people
achievements its what's for dinner
HULKxLOGAN
HULKxLOGAN
Posted on 19 November 13 at 18:45
Pass on all of these. Nothing good at all. Guess I'll just have to wait till Black Friday.
The Monk BAD IT
Posted on 20 November 13 at 08:46
Save money, nothing for me now :/
>> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
roce96
roce96
Posted on 20 November 13 at 15:04
Defiance and Dishonored prices don't seem to be matching Gamefly. I'm showing $9.99 for Defiance and $14.99 for Dishonored.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.