Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Fez Gameplay Trailer

• MatrarchMatrarch995,873
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 13:43Permalink
    Check out the first six minutes of the upcoming XBLA title

Polytron Corporation's long-delayed title, Fez, is finally closing in on its release on the Xbox Live Arcade. To get players ready, six minutes of gameplay footage from PAX East was released by the company.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z235ehOjeWA&NR=1

Fez has actually been kicking around since 2008 when it won the Excellence in Visual Art award at the Independent Games Festival. It also picked up a nomination for Innovation in Design that year. It was initially announced for XBLA release in 2010, but is now expected to arrive sometime later this year.
  • NirumanoNirumano303,388
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 13:46Permalink
    Can anyone explain why that is such an excellent visual design?
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 13:50Permalink
    Nirumano said:
    Can anyone explain why that is such an excellent visual design?
    I goofed and it's actually Excellence in visual art, but I don't know that that would change your point. :)

It actually really impressed me at PAX East, though this has been on my radar for a while, so my threshold may be lower. :)
  • LSDintensityLSDintensity124,106
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 13:50Permalink
    I so agree, looks like a game to calm me down
  • MtldMtld1,387,647
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 13:51Permalink
    Because it's like a bad 2D game (NES like) but in a 3D environment, so it's really a choice the conceptors made more than bad design.

Kinda like Super Meat Boy...

The 3D rotations are very fluid!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 March 11 at 13:52Permalink
    This music is some of the worst of all time.
  • LSDintensityLSDintensity124,106
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 13:54Permalink
    JJ BOMBAY said:
    This music is some of the worst of all time.
    hell no this is some great soothing ambient and why should it matter anyways if you have a game and don't enjoy the music, what are you gonna do about it? just mute the music and listen to your own as you're playing it
  • Posted on 17 March 11 at 13:56Permalink
    Looks confusing but it's different, and different is good in my opinion.
    London loves, the mystery of a speeding car.
  • Posted on 17 March 11 at 14:03, Edited on 17 March 11 at 14:05 by Evenger OstroPermalink
    "Innovation in Design" for being retro? xD
    The concept of the visuals doesn't seem too innovative to me. It's pretty much building on existing ideas (Paper Mario, other 2d/3d mixes) in my opinion.

But interesting nonetheless.
    Nintendo fanboy who loves Sega and plays XBox, seriously
  • Posted on 17 March 11 at 14:17Permalink
    love how there was a key inside the treasure chest lol
    LTspeirs
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 March 11 at 14:18Permalink
    @_@ made my head dizzy for a second haha. Looks great, something to just play and hopefully there isn't any SUPER DIFFICULTY!!!!
    If your here, then who did I kill?
  • Miles RoseMiles Rose123,866
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 14:19Permalink
    I like fezes. Fezes are cool :)
  • NLi10NLi1043,251
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 14:33Permalink
    3DS version would be interesting.
  • Whiskey7Whiskey7370,553
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 14:36Permalink
    ThailandGanja said:
    I so agree, looks like a game to calm me down
    Contrary to some of the posts so far, I like the visual style of this game, but it doesn't half look like it drive me mad. I can imagine there will be some crazy puzzles.

Not sure about this one to be honest.
    Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music, Thou shalt not make repetitive generic music, Thou sha
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 March 11 at 15:20Permalink
    This game is going to be the shit. It looks so tricky. I had to re-watch 2:08-2:25 to see what it did. Those 17 seconds made me want this game. For some reason it reminded me of an old game called tomba that i loved when i was a kid, but this is nothing like it
    Sunny-fish melon jelly ballin' the jack!
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 15:22Permalink
    I3obkat said:
    This game is going to be the shit. It looks so tricky. I had to re-watch 2:08-2:25 to see what it did. Those 17 seconds made me want this game. For some reason it reminded me of an old game called tomba that i loved when i was a kid, but this is nothing like it
    Wow, haven't heard of Tomba in a long time!

I think the game is actually more similar to Crush on the PSP. It's a perspective puzzler as well.
  • Posted on 17 March 11 at 15:32, Edited on 17 March 11 at 15:32 by blkalleykatPermalink
    Very quirky game should be interesting
  • Posted on 17 March 11 at 15:43Permalink
    I got lost for a few mins there lol love it!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 March 11 at 15:46Permalink
    ThailandGanja said:
    hell no this is some great soothing ambient and why should it matter anyways if you have a game and don't enjoy the music, what are you gonna do about it? just mute the music and listen to your own as you're playing it
    So by your logic, every game should feature a shitty soundtrack so I can mute it and listen to my own music. Bravo sir, you are a genius.
  • Thanatos03Thanatos03126,548
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 17:16Permalink
    i'll be real. This game looked lame. But the part at 2:25 peaked my interest. It adds a whole new twist to a 2d/3d concept
    Revelation 6:8
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.