Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Fez Gameplay Trailer

• Loch DounLoch Doun237,742
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 17:18Permalink
    This game looks amazing!
    Been following it for a while.
    I cannot wait to play this!!!
    Day one for me.
    Summer of Arcade release?
  • MatrarchMatrarch1,011,614
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 17:22Permalink
    There were a lot of Arcade games at PAX and pretty much everyone said the release window was "Summer". It's going to be a hard summer on my bank account apparently!
  • Loch DounLoch Doun237,742
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 17:26, Edited on 17 March 11 at 17:28 by Loch DounPermalink
    Yeah, Summer of Arcade is gonna be epic this year...

Fez
    Trenched
    Ms. Splosion Man
    Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
    Hybrid

(All Xbox exclusive)
    Didn't think they could top 09 or 10, but they just did.
  • MatrarchMatrarch1,011,614
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 17:40Permalink
    Don't forget Gunstringer in there as well. That's another "Summer" game. I think Fire Pro Wrestling and Shoot Many Robots were too!
  • HuGh1212HuGh121233,365
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 18:10Permalink
    I've been waiting far too long for this.
    Hughby-Dooby-Doo
  • Posted on 17 March 11 at 18:12Permalink
    Nirumano said:
    Can anyone explain why that is such an excellent visual design?
    It's like a perfect example of simplicity mixed around with confusion everytime the screen rotates.
    The Gutless Wonder "Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense"
  • Posted on 17 March 11 at 19:29Permalink
    looks cool will enjoy this when I've finished ilomilo up, looks kinda similar
    ok ok i've got one....... whats the difference between jam and marmalade?
  • SanadaSanada662,993
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 20:05Permalink
    Fez? The Indian kid? laugh looks pretty cool.
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo167,952
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 22:32Permalink
    This looks absolutely trippy and amazing! Nice blend of platform and puzzle game, here. Definitely on my radar, and at least the summer release means I might crack slightly into the backlog before then.

iHeartSlampigs said:
    The character Fez from That 70's Show never had a specific nationality. It was a running gag, in that they never actually named his country of origin. He always used statements like, "In my country," or, "In my language," without any further specifics. The character's intent was to be the ambiguous foreigner, basically. The actor who plays him is of South American descent, and a few times during the show they had him say things in Spanish. In that, I'd always assumed they later adapted the character to being from "some South or Latin American country."
  • LSDintensityLSDintensity124,222
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 23:13Permalink
    JJ BOMBAY said:
    ThailandGanja said:
    hell no this is some great soothing ambient and why should it matter anyways if you have a game and don't enjoy the music, what are you gonna do about it? just mute the music and listen to your own as you're playing it
    So by your logic, every game should feature a shitty soundtrack so I can mute it and listen to my own music. Bravo sir, you are a genius.
    That's clearly NOT what I stated, so you need to re-read what I posted....
    meaning, if you DON'T like a games OST, then mute the music, that simple. I feel the need to in alot of games....
  • Rusty187Rusty187302,053
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 23:15Permalink
    ShinUkyo said:
    iHeartSlampigs said:
    The character Fez from That 70's Show never had a specific nationality. It was a running gag, in that they never actually named his country of origin. He always used statements like, "In my country," or, "In my language," without any further specifics. The character's intent was to be the ambiguous foreigner, basically. The actor who plays him is of South American descent, and a few times during the show they had him say things in Spanish. In that, I'd always assumed they later adapted the character to being from "some South or Latin American country."
    I'm not sure why you had to point this out, its pretty clear iHeart is familiar with the show... and everyone else that made a That 70's Show reference out of the title of the game.

Anyways I'm really looking forward to this game it looks incredibly interesting and fresh. Kinda reminds me of Portal in the sense that completion of a level or puzzle makes you feel smart or good about yourself, and I'm sure this game will have some very challenging puzzles, or I at least hope so.
  • Posted on 17 March 11 at 23:32Permalink
    Anyone else think the levels look like Minecraft creations?
  • Posted on 18 March 11 at 00:06Permalink
    this was one of the wierdest games i think i have ever seen. cool but wierd. i think the achievements are going to be way too hard
  • Posted on 18 March 11 at 03:14Permalink
    We need more talking hypercubes in video games.
    Sincerely,Your Dread Lord[img]http://homepage.mac.com/cyberskull/.Pictures/Me/FF6-CyberSkull_Long_Si
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 March 11 at 04:06Permalink
    Matrarch said:
    I3obkat said:
    This game is going to be the shit. It looks so tricky. I had to re-watch 2:08-2:25 to see what it did. Those 17 seconds made me want this game. For some reason it reminded me of an old game called tomba that i loved when i was a kid, but this is nothing like it
    Wow, haven't heard of Tomba in a long time!

I think the game is actually more similar to Crush on the PSP. It's a perspective puzzler as well.
    I forgot all about tomba. That game was the shit. Can you get it on PSN? I want to play it again
    Sunny-fish melon jelly ballin' the jack!
  • Posted on 18 March 11 at 05:04Permalink
    2:14 = Instant buy.

How the feck do people design these levels? It's like Braid all over again.
    Latest Youtube Vid: RB3 - Creamskull Boogie - XDrums -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBp9uzEaYC8
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM87,043
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 14:10Permalink
    At the start of the video I had a very "meh" opinion, but as of now I'm definitely convinced that I want this game.
  • Posted on 18 March 11 at 15:29Permalink
    Yea, not interested. Looks not enjoyable and the music would drive me nuts!
    Thin Blue Line
  • Posted on 29 March 12 at 17:10Permalink
    This looks awesome and I love the 8-bit ambient music. Very cool.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.