Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: September 11th, 2012

• Posted on 11 September 12 at 18:14
    I always consider PvZ every time I see it on sale, but I'm really not into tower defense in the least. Maybe when they give it a perma-discount or sale it for 400msp.

So I think I'll pass this week, considering I nabbed 8 games last week, they should keep me busy for a lil' while :)
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • o SeduLOUs oo SeduLOUs o648,477
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 18:18
    Crimson Drifter said:
    I always consider PvZ every time I see it on sale, but I'm really not into tower defense in the least. Maybe when they give it a perma-discount or sale it for 400msp.

So I think I'll pass this week, considering I nabbed 8 games last week, they should keep me busy for a lil' while :)
    I'm not into tower defence generally, but PvZ is a whole bunch of awesome and you should definitely try it.
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
  • WastedDeerWastedDeer602,448
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 18:28
    C0oK13 MoNsTa said:
    Can anyone tell me how to find DoTW on the dashboard beta? I've looked everwhere... hope they have not removed it
    I could.... but then microsoft would have to kill me.

Who cares you find it at *Censored due to sensitive nature* - Microsoft Beta Police
  • Mattpm13Mattpm132,459,662
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 18:33
    Both Feeding Frenzy games and maybe Rhythm Party for me
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon512,856
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 18:39
    Durmarsa said:
    If they had more sales like in the Back to School sales where 1200msp games where cut to 300msp and 800msp to 200msp etc I would be spending a lot more money. I ended up buying every game I didn't already have last week.
    Definitely +1 this. I would buy way more games if they reduced the price permanently on some older games. They de-list servers, games and other stuff, why not reduce some old games to squeeze more life out of / revitalize them? shock
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
  • Ali060Ali0601,113,736
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 18:44
    Thinking about getting a few of these, recommendations?
    Hello Sexy ;)
  • Posted on 11 September 12 at 18:48
    BlinkFandangoII said:
    It's as if MS just doesn't want my money anymore...
    No, they DO want your money. That's why they don't put good games on sale too fast / often.

On the other side of that spectrum when good games go on sale everyone complains "I GOT RIPPED OFF". Ugh @ internet.
    Twitter: @ROBomination | Xbox Ambassdor | DO NOT: Take the internet seriously.
  • Posted on 11 September 12 at 18:54
    I wonder if people realize that some of this is because the people who make/distribute the games have to give MS the okay to knock the price down.

And PopCap seems like one of those companies that makes so damn much money across all platforms that they probably have a standing agreement with MS to drop prices whenever they need to fill a week.

Oh, and also...real life stores do this all the time too. How many times in the span of a few months do you see the same movies/music/books go on sale?

TL:DR; Get over it.
  • Posted on 11 September 12 at 18:59
    PUT MARK OF THE NINJA FOR SALE;)
  • o SeduLOUs oo SeduLOUs o648,477
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 19:00, Edited on 11 September 12 at 19:01 by o SeduLOUs o
    Torhu Hybrid said:
    Oh, and also...real life stores do this all the time too. How many times in the span of a few months do you see the same movies/music/books go on sale?

TL:DR; Get over it.
    I heard that some sofas were on sale for the next 2 days only. Better hurry down there!
    It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.
  • Q u 4 lK eQ u 4 lK e1,137,003
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 19:04
    CHAIN REACTION CHANGED....TO BFBC2. NO. WAY.

*giddy screaming*
  • Posted on 11 September 12 at 19:13
    Please oh please microsoft have a Fallout: New Vegas DOTW
    I'VE BEEN WAITING SOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    original "the Johnstown Juggalo" eimaj
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 September 12 at 19:18
    z Q u 4 K 3 z said:
    CHAIN REACTION CHANGED....TO BFBC2. NO. WAY.

*giddy screaming*
    Nice! I just may have to snatch that stuff up.
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • izret102izret1022,013,231
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 19:25
    I guess I am not too broken up over already owning all of these. I tried to play something today and couldn't download the patch because I was out of HD space.

Need to start working on arcade games again. I still have 10+ queued up :-/
    www.rfgeneration.com
  • Posted on 11 September 12 at 19:30
    Again?
  • Papa El LoroPapa El Loro586,423
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 19:43
    Nice sale, but doing this again and again?
    When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die.
  • Mannings 5Mannings 586,949
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 19:58
    Ali060 said:
    Thinking about getting a few of these, recommendations?
    PopCap games are aimed at the casual gamer, and won't be for everyone. Personally I like them a lot. The best ones, whilst simple to pick up, offer as much depth and replayability as full price retail games.

And the best? - the ratings for the games on this site are pretty accurate. Plants v Zombies, Peggle and Bejewelled 3 are the ones to go for.
  • Posted on 11 September 12 at 20:19
    There is a retail version of Bejweled 3, isn't there? I keep running into this question... I only see one list of cheeves, so I assume it's just an "on disc" arcade version?
    Twitter: @ROBomination | Xbox Ambassdor | DO NOT: Take the internet seriously.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy587,864
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 20:30
    Rhythm Party is not part of dotw - its a price reduction
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Posted on 11 September 12 at 20:30, Edited on 11 September 12 at 20:31 by TsubakiCalamity
    Nothing too spectacular for me this week; only good for those who are new to any PopCap related titles and wanted to buy these on sale (also for those who have missed it and has another chance). Already got all of them and nearly got every one of them 100% cleared.

I'm gonna save my 1,200 MSP for Joe Danger 2 this week, as it's one of those games I'm looking forward to this year.

Edit: I might get my hands on having Plants vs. Zombie Pinball Table sometimes soon.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.