Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: September 11th, 2012

• ixOWNxAGExiixOWNxAGExi188,197
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 20:31
    Hmm I see a couple but my poor wallet is still in recovery from last week
    The need to re-achieve. Redemption at its best.
  • RE2LeonSRE2LeonS170,993
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 20:50
    By now shouldn't this shit already be at reduced price? Not more crappy Deals of the Week?
  • Tony StarcTony Starc472,482
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 20:59
    it astounds me at how much better the psn deals are every week
  • PlexShawPlexShaw214,965
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 21:01
    Meh.

Call me when the Call of Duty / Borderlands / Fallout / Rockstar DLC (delete as applicable) is on sale. wink
  • Ali060Ali0601,113,174
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 21:09
    JMJimmy said:
    Rhythm Party is not part of dotw - its a price reduction
    I've seen over at x360a that they have it as a Kinect Central deal.
    Hello Sexy ;)
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,669,193
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 21:09, Edited on 11 September 12 at 21:11 by ChewieOnIce
    PlexShaw said:
    Meh.

Call me when the Call of Duty / Borderlands / Fallout / Rockstar DLC (delete as applicable) is on sale. wink
    Tried calling, but you didn't pick up.
    Rockstar DLC, Games & Avatar Items on Sale
    facepalm
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • marklynxmarklynx2,110,809
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 21:14
    Thank you MS for a repeat deal since you totally robbed me last week!
  • KvnrnldKvnrnld302,427
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 21:59
    Bioshock 2 dlc has been the "chain Reaction" deal for quite some time now.
  • Posted on 11 September 12 at 22:04
    This again...Sometimes i feel like Sam from quantum leap... Oh boy!
    Let`s be honest here, using a guide & boosting to unlock achievements is cheating!!!
  • Monky SpitMonky Spit270,693
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 22:06
    Plants vs. Zombies < Shit
    Peggle < Shit
    Zuma < have
    Feeding Frenzy < beat
    Feeding Frenzy 2: Shipwreck Showdown < beat
    Bejeweled 3 < No!
    Bejeweled Blitz Live < No!
    Heavy Weapon < beat
    Astropop < have
    Rhythm Party < No!

It seems like MS is dropping the ball on purpose for the Deal of the Week clap. Oh well, saves me Microsoft points. smile
  • Promo UkyoPromo Ukyo349,653
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 22:26
    Being September 11th shouldn't Call of Duty and war games been deal of the week ;) lol
  • Brett43Brett43893,087
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 22:29
    I've already own all of these but I would highly recommend bejeweled 3, it actually does some interesting things with the match 3 formula.
    Brett43
  • Archer RivalArcher Rival414,247
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 22:56
    I have all of those except three (Heavy Weapon, Astropop, and Rhythm Party). Personally, I would recommend any of the others that I have played. If you're in doubt about any of them, I believe they all have free demos that you can try first.

On a different note, if Chain Reaction actually did change to BF:BC2 (haven't looked yet), that means that every chain reaction so far has been stuff I already own. I guess there's one exception: I didn't own the Gears avatar item (nor am I regretting it).
  • ROGUE 1992ROGUE 19922,721,247
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 23:01
    If this correct um getting feeding frenzy.2 and bejewelled blitz
    Arsenal till I die!!
  • Posted on 11 September 12 at 23:01
    c`mon i need better things !!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 September 12 at 23:02
    for anyone who doesnt have them I recommend them all unless you are a completionist. I wonder, in total labor hours, just how much has PopCap gaming company cost the worlds CEOs and bosses. I mean even if one of every employee of every company in the world plays just one hour of a PopCap game on the clock every day, take all those hours and multiply it by the total sum of what all employees make (could be minimum wage could be $300,000 and up) but just add it all up and BOOM thats a ton of lost wages to people who were playing instead of working. And thats just one hour :)
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,321,829
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 23:19
    Ali060 said:
    JMJimmy said:
    Rhythm Party is not part of dotw - its a price reduction
    I've seen over at x360a that they have it as a Kinect Central deal.
    I saw it in Kinect Central itself as the Kinect Central deal. Probably lying though.
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • Steve RedmanSteve Redman1,506,759
    Posted on 11 September 12 at 23:52
    instead of recycling Deals of the Week MS should allow us to pick one batch 3 DLC items to go on sale. Lord knows how much I want The Stranglehold DLC, Wallace and Gromit episodes 2-4 and NFS Shift 1 or GRiD stuff to go on sale
  • CASS190684CASS190684248,812
    Posted on 12 September 12 at 00:23
    Some excellent little games in there, but unfortunately I've already picked up everything I wanted during the other numerous times they have been on sale. Good for people who are yet to get them though :)
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN398,862
    Posted on 12 September 12 at 01:14, Edited on 12 September 12 at 01:25 by FOKENWOLFEN
    Daeryoon said:
    Durmarsa said:
    If they had more sales like in the Back to School sales where 1200msp games where cut to 300msp and 800msp to 200msp etc I would be spending a lot more money. I ended up buying every game I didn't already have last week.
    Definitely +1 this. I would buy way more games if they reduced the price permanently on some older games. They de-list servers, games and other stuff, why not reduce some old games to squeeze more life out of / revitalize them? shock
    +2, I always say the same... just look at the DLC for John Woo's stranglehold... 1200 mp even at release it was overpriced. I waited for Sam N Max to get any type of discount. I still hope R-type will get one laugh

And about this sale I think it's a good one. Even if it is the 9615619231th time it's made. There is good value here. I'm happy because my pockets can recover (i already got what I wanted from this one)dance
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.