The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Aksys Japan Benefit Sale

• OjotangoOjotango210,662
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 17:51
    I love Japan and can't stand to see what's happened. I'll help any way I can, and if playing games helps, then I'm more the happier. Well, not happier, but - you know.
    So much for pathos...
  • Posted on 17 March 11 at 17:56
    Like charity. Like games. This is full of win.
  • Achilles337Achilles337836,306
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 18:00
    Just bought Deathsmiles - hope it helps
  • spletchiespletchie644,098
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 18:06
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    I feel for their plight , I really do, but their economy is as large as ours, right? So why so serious, they are more inventive then we are. They'll have this disaster thing liked in a jiffy.
    Wow - this has to be one of the most insensitive and ignorant responses I have heard anywhere about the Japan disaster. What a sheltered life you must lead, thinking that being "inventive" can solve problems like entire towns being devastated and washed away. And you think having a large economy is the solution to their problems? Think again, the damage to Japan's economy after the natural and nuclear disasters is being estimated between $150-200 billion.

Kudos to Aksys for donating 100% of the proceeds from their sale to help support Japan relief.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 March 11 at 18:22
    Katastrophic said:
    Bought the 2 games I did not have, Blazblue 1, and record of agarest war. I hope my money accually goes to japan, and gets to japan before Godzilla decides to show up and ruin the rest of japan.
    Thanks for your money! It actually went to me and Rich Stone, we are going to the Alps!
  • BeanpotterBeanpotter1,356,795
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 18:31
    spletchie said:
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    I feel for their plight , I really do, but their economy is as large as ours, right? So why so serious, they are more inventive then we are. They'll have this disaster thing liked in a jiffy.
    Wow - this has to be one of the most insensitive and ignorant responses I have heard anywhere about the Japan disaster.
    I agree but I don't want to see this guy to be lynched or used as a scapegoat for people to vent their anger upon for what he's posted. It seems to me that he's being a little over optomistic in his hopes that Japan will be able to overcome this massive disater easily rather than being deliberately callous. You've illustrated just how big a disaster this really has become with the figures you've quoted and, hopefully, he'll see your post and understand a little better how belittling his post may have come across.

The sale is a fantastic idea to appeal to the gaming community and I hope they expand it further afield.
    VP of PR - GSSP.
  • DomaDragoonDomaDragoon166,228
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 18:41
    Wolfenchild said:
    Shame it's US/Canada, otherwise I'd buy something. :/
    Really? The FAQ for Aksys says it's continental US only. How can you get them to ship to Canada? Inquiring minds want to know.
    www.rpgdl.com
  • Posted on 17 March 11 at 19:04
    DomaDragoon said:
    Wolfenchild said:
    Shame it's US/Canada, otherwise I'd buy something. :/
    Really? The FAQ for Aksys says it's continental US only. How can you get them to ship to Canada? Inquiring minds want to know.
    Ah, maybe its just US. I was at work and didn't look thoroughly. I think I just assumed it was both US & Canada. My bad.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,159,952
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 19:16
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    I agree with some of the above posts that, despite their economic strength, you might be a bit optimistic about how well they can recover (not that's totally a bad thing, as I hope you end up being right for the sake of Japan). If nothing else, you can give money because we (USA) owe them. After Hurricane Katrina, Japan gave $20,000 to the American Red Cross, $30,000 in supplies (tents, food, water, medications, etc) to the Red Cross, and one Japanese citizen gave $1,000,000 of his own money to the Red Cross also. So if nothing else, do it to say "thanks for helping out during our crisis Japan, we are now returning the favor".
    I miss the good old days of WW2 Call of Duty
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 March 11 at 20:36
    If they'll ship worldwide I'll buy stuff.
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,956,789
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 20:41
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    this just baffles me... so just because their economy is huge the thousands of dead is not a serious issue that needs the worlds support?

tool.
  • anthony2690anthony2690910,207
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 21:10
    I highly recommend the bb games :)
    & deathsmiles :)
    brilliant games :)
    I wish record of agarest war was out in the uk though :(
  • NTSA SpadesNTSA Spades120,322
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 22:28
    Is it really a good idea to name a disaster relief effort after a consortium of evil, in which the unfortunate party was once a part of...? (for those who don't get it, Aksys/Axis of Evil) That being said, I've already donate..cry
    Really? THAT offended you?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 March 11 at 23:43
    Japan is struggling and I hope they get on their feet.
    Live to Die
  • finallife6finallife61,055,187
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 23:48
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    hey dumbass STFU i am japanese and i find this very offensive.
    your saying that japan should not be helped because of there ecomic status well first off the earthquake brought it down second these areas that were hit were little towns that are used for manly living that were destroyed.

they are more inventive then we are. They'll have this disaster thing liked in a jiffy.
    ^ if you think this then you can invent something to stop any earthquake from happening because you sound like another moron who think that asains are superior to all other races
  • BeachemBeachem498,147
    Posted on 17 March 11 at 23:51
    That is a great idea. I wish gamestop or best buy would do something like this
  • Posted on 18 March 11 at 00:26
    I'm donating to the cause as soon as I can anyway, but I would have loved to get BB:CT, DeathSmiles and Record of Agarest War at the same time as donating... to bad it's US only...
    Can't anybody help me with Bubble Bobble Neo? :/
  • GuruThaGreatGuruThaGreat1,067,638
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 00:34
    Anyone who likes fighters and hasn't tried BlazBlue yet needs to get one or both. I personally think they are the best fighters around, better than Street Fighter by a lot. Much more diverse roster than Street Fighter at very least. As for me, I am thinking about getting Record of Agarest War since I already have both BlazBlues.
  • Posted on 18 March 11 at 00:40, Edited on 18 March 11 at 17:36 by Beanpotter
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    ok, because i have the balls to i'll come out and say what everyone is thinking.

EDIT. (expletive removed)angry
  • AccelerettoAcceleretto147,187
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 01:48
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    People need to stop giving this guy so much shit, read the first 8 words very carefully. He's obviously an optimist.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.