The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Aksys Japan Benefit Sale

• Posted on 18 March 11 at 02:18
    Got round the US only thing. Bought both soundtracks and used my friend, who's in Ohio's address and he'll ship them to me in the UK.

When it comes down to natural disasters it makes you realise how fast we could get knocked back to the stone age by the power of nature alone. There by the grace of god....... makes me grateful to be in the UK where this sort of thing is extremely unlikely to happen.

Thoughts to those in Japan.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 March 11 at 03:42
    Acceleretto said:
    Why not just donate all of the money directly and not buy something there?
    Most people wouldnt think to give $30 to Japan out of nowhere. Maybe they wouldnt know how or if its even reliable. This is kind of an incentive to do something good. !00% is going to japan, and the buyer is getting something new
    Sunny-fish melon jelly ballin' the jack!
  • Golgo28Golgo28191,005
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 04:04
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    I feel for their plight , I really do, but their economy is as large as ours, right? So why so serious, they are more inventive then we are. They'll have this disaster thing liked in a jiffy.
    you remember that next time your country gets hit with a disater,the cripples the entire nation.so when someone in another country says the same thing.instead of supporting relief efforts to your country.

dude,you should realize the size of your econimy doesn't amount to much when your nation is paralyzed.japan's infasturucture is crippled.the cost to reestablish working order in the country will be astronomical.and that's before they can begin to rebuild.but i bet you said the same thing when haiti was hit by a devestating earthquake,or when thailand and indoneasia were hit by a tsunami.and i dare not fathom what you thought about the crisis in darfur a few years ago.it's times like this that ppl,regardless of nationality,religion and race should put aside selfish thoughts and show compassion for there fellow human beings.i personaly have donated over 500 dollars to the redcross since the disaster.i went and purchased several of the items listed in the story,just to do what little i could to help.i do this every time a nation has such tragedy befall it.i'm going to give blood tomorrow to the redcross.and not because i have some pompus holier than thou attitude.and not because some day the shoe could be on the other foot.but because what truely seperates us from animals,what proves that for all our faults as a species.that we humans are so much more than billigerent destructive fools.is that we are capable of acts of compassion to our fellow man,that defy logic and nature.

and to not find in ones heart to do something,no matter how small.to give a helping hand to ppl that have just went through tragedy such as this.is perhaps the greatest tragedy.look in your heart,your soul,your brain,or whatever you believe.and see you know it's the right thing to do.
    It's all the small things,that add up to the truely great things.
  • misfit119misfit1191,042,438
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 04:09
    Acceleretto said:
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    I feel for their plight , I really do, but their economy is as large as ours, right? So why so serious, they are more inventive then we are. They'll have this disaster thing liked in a jiffy.
    People need to stop giving this guy so much shit, read the first 8 words very carefully. He's obviously an optimist.
    So if the rest of the post had read out "I Feel for their plight, I really do, but it's not the US so it's not a big deal" then he'd still be an optimist? The first words mean nothing without the rest of the post. One would imagine a US citizen would know that a disaster can be ridiculously devastating regardless of the country, a la Katrina. This is why we're supposed to think before we post. Taking his entire post makes it sound like he thinks they're just going to build more inventions that'll bring back the dead, rebuild the infrastructure and get their country back up and running.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Golgo28Golgo28191,005
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 04:13
    Misfit119 said:
    Acceleretto said:
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    People need to stop giving this guy so much shit, read the first 8 words very carefully. He's obviously an optimist.
    So if the rest of the post had read out "I Feel for their plight, I really do, but it's not the US so it's not a big deal" then he'd still be an optimist? The first words mean nothing without the rest of the post. One would imagine a US citizen would know that a disaster can be ridiculously devastating regardless of the country, a la Katrina. This is why we're supposed to think before we post. Taking his entire post makes it sound like he thinks they're just going to build more inventions that'll bring back the dead, rebuild the infrastructure and get their country back up and running.
    you tell him misfit.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,400,337
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 04:36
    Bad timing for me else I'd scoop up Agarest and Deathsmiles for sure.
  • Posted on 18 March 11 at 04:57, Edited on 18 March 11 at 05:03 by Brock M Rambo
    finallife6 said:
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    hey dumbass STFU i am japanese and i find this very offensive.
    your saying that japan should not be helped because of there ecomic status well first off the earthquake brought it down second these areas that were hit were little towns that are used for manly living that were destroyed.

they are more inventive then we are. They'll have this disaster thing liked in a jiffy.
    ^ if you think this then you can invent something to stop any earthquake from happening because you sound like another moron who think that asains are superior to all other races
    I am Korean, thank you, escaping a insane dictator to come to this country and then have to listen to cr4p like this....... If all Americans are as loud and ignorant to what freedom of expression really means to those who never had it, then i feel sorry for you all
    you don't even know the half of it
  • Golgo28Golgo28191,005
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 05:12
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    finallife6 said:
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    your saying that japan should not be helped because of there ecomic status well first off the earthquake brought it down second these areas that were hit were little towns that are used for manly living that were destroyed.

they are more inventive then we are. They'll have this disaster thing liked in a jiffy.
    ^ if you think this then you can invent something to stop any earthquake from happening because you sound like another moron who think that asains are superior to all other races
    I am Korean, thank you, escaping a insane dictator to come to this country and then have to listen to cr4p like this....... If all Americans are as loud and ignorant to what freedom of expression really means to those who never had it, then i feel sorry for you all
    dude,that is such cop-out.using your race as an excuse for being insensitive.you post what reads as big f u japan.and finallife6 called you on it.and you go and say that he's wrong,because you have freedom of speech.except that what you said was incompassionate.don't use the 1st amendment or your nationality as an excuse for being inconsiderate.
  • misfit119misfit1191,042,438
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 05:14
    Freedom of speech and freedom of expression are designed only to prevent your government from telling you what you can and can't say, not us calling you an idiot when you say something stupid. So if you feel freedom of expression means you can say whatever you want without anyone calling you on it... well welcome to the real world.

Also I find it ironic that the loudest and most ignorant comment came not from an "all non-Americans can go to hell" American. I've grown to expect those thanks to Twitter.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Golgo28Golgo28191,005
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 05:22
    Misfit119 said:
    Freedom of speech and freedom of expression are designed only to prevent your government from telling you what you can and can't say, not us calling you an idiot when you say something stupid. So if you feel freedom of expression means you can say whatever you want without anyone calling you on it... well welcome to the real world.

Also I find it ironic that the loudest and most ignorant comment came not from an "all non-Americans can go to hell" American. I've grown to expect those thanks to Twitter.
    proof that modern stupidity has come full circle.you my friend hit the bullseye.that's my sentiments exactly.brock's so called reasoning is completely assinine.
  • TJ2012TJ2012108,062
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 06:08
    Damn Already Own Deathsmiles Well guess ill get something else really wont to help japan if i could id just go over there but noooooo
    TJ The Awesome
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic443,098
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 06:51
    Is Guilty Gear Overture worth it? Or is it a controller-breaker? Already have Agarest War and BlazBlue CT (no interest in CS after CT).
  • Posted on 18 March 11 at 07:25
    I`d love to spend money but got everything except Agarest and its NTSC only -.-
    True Dynasty Warrior, BlazBlue brawler, JRPG Freak and worst Duty player ever ^^ Lambda-11 µ-12 v-13
  • NTSA SpadesNTSA Spades120,284
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 07:52
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    finallife6 said:
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:

wuhwuhwuhwhaaat?! facepalm How about this? Don't come to our country until you can tell the difference between being censored and being called out on your shit! I'm just saying, we've got enough ignorance as it is.
    Really? THAT offended you?
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,956,495
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 09:38
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    finallife6 said:
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:

I love the fact you assume we are all American, well we aren't. What you said was either your true feelings on the matter and you obviously don't care, despite what you have been through or maybe you should try and reword what you have said because it has been misunderstood or your just naive.

Regardless of their economy there are hundreds of thousands without food, power, water and shelter in freezing conditions. After hurricane Katrina there were major problems even though the economy was strong (if my memory serves).

Anyway on topic, would jump all over this but I'm in Wales so no go for me I'll have to donate another way =D
  • Posted on 18 March 11 at 10:26
    Rhyolitic said:
    Is Guilty Gear Overture worth it? Or is it a controller-breaker? Already have Agarest War and BlazBlue CT (no interest in CS after CT).
    You really should buy Continuum Shift. Only if you´re interested in the story of course.
    True Dynasty Warrior, BlazBlue brawler, JRPG Freak and worst Duty player ever ^^ Lambda-11 µ-12 v-13
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,193,961
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 11:08
    Rhyolitic said:
    It plays similar to Defense of the Ancients (The Warcraft 3 mod if you are familar). If you aren't it plays like Monday Night Combat.

Both free mode and campaign mode give you three stages of tutorials so you can learn about the DotA-style game, but half the stages, if that, are actually DotA based. The rest are garbage stages where you go solo with controls that were meant for fighting in groups. The evasion options are slim, and what they do have is nigh useless. Your character also moves painfully slow. Like I said, it works fine when you are fighting horde on horde, not so much solo.

I cannot recommend that game to anyone.
    Hey, no complaints here. I prefer eye candy to scary armor any day. - Yuri
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM88,957
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 15:14
    This is pretty cool. I'll just have to contribute in another way 'cause none of those games interest me.
  • Posted on 18 March 11 at 15:20
    Chunkeh Munkeh said:
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    finallife6 said:
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:

I love the fact you assume we are all American, well we aren't. What you said was either your true feelings on the matter and you obviously don't care, despite what you have been through or maybe you should try and reword what you have said because it has been misunderstood or your just naive.

Regardless of their economy there are hundreds of thousands without food, power, water and shelter in freezing conditions. After hurricane Katrina there were major problems even though the economy was strong (if my memory serves).

Anyway on topic, would jump all over this but I'm in Wales so no go for me I'll have to donate another way =D
    truth be told, i am aware that a good chunk, if not the majority of this site does not claim residence within the united states, i primarily despise the American bigots who twist the wording of what is said. while my comment may have been poorly timed, yes, i simply say that the Japanese as a people are very enduring. They have weathered so much and come out looking better than they were before something horrible happened to them. I am not hiding behind my race, merely stating that as an Asian, i know that every Asian country has their own faults just as much as the next one. The damage from the earthquake could have been much worse, if not for the pact that japan is perhaps the most earthquake prone country in the world, and as such has been at the lead in building design to be earthquake resistant. yes they got a 9.0, yes that is unprecedented, but it makes the world ask itself if this happened to japan, what will happen when it hits Hawaii, or California who are both on the same Pacific plate?
    you don't even know the half of it
  • SanadaSanada681,610
    Posted on 18 March 11 at 15:34
    XBr0ck SampsonX said:
    I really feel like you shouldn't have even posted this. I'm surprised you haven't edited it already to say "Sawry guys I know nothing". With all of the problems over there...no matter how advanced their economy was they wouldn't be able to fix it in a "Jiffy". Still, a great cause and hopefully I can pick a couple of these up and feel like I helped out a little.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.