Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox One Twitch Details Emerge

• ChrisChrimboChrisChrimbo613,669
    Posted on 20 November 13 at 22:49
    I really hope these are 0g Achievements.
  • Posted on 20 November 13 at 22:50
    Watch other people game? Yeah that sounds like a great idea, I barely get any free time as it is but why spend it enjoying my hobby when I can watch someone else do it.... for 100 hours roll
    living the sinatra lifestyle, I'm just being Frank with you
  • AldangaAldanga327,813
    Posted on 20 November 13 at 22:58
    xDLxSilentOnex said:
    Multimedia achievements carry no Gamerscore.
  • Posted on 20 November 13 at 23:06
    Aldanga said:
    xDLxSilentOnex said:
    Indeed. "Gamerscore is for Games". Microsoft's words, not mine.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • NiteJokesterNiteJokester1,021,569
    Posted on 20 November 13 at 23:10
    I lost interest in this article at cheevo. I hate that word. That is all!
    Whoa you can use that tone once the lion gets here!
  • ChrisChrimboChrisChrimbo613,669
    Posted on 20 November 13 at 23:11
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Aldanga said:
    xDLxSilentOnex said:
    Indeed. "Gamerscore is for Games". Microsoft's words, not mine.
    Great! glad to here that. 0g achievements are completely useless.
  • AP 8T8AP 8T82,218,203
    Posted on 20 November 13 at 23:23, Edited on 21 November 13 at 12:53 by AP 8T8
    And there it is. The death of achievements as we know them. WE ARE GAMERS! I have an iPad for all this shit.
  • NerdrageXNerdrageX590,309
    Posted on 20 November 13 at 23:37
    Twitch and Netflix being behind additional paywalls (xbox live Gold) is the main reason I switched to ps4 for the new generation of consoles. It'll be nice not paying for internet twice.
  • Posted on 20 November 13 at 23:50
    AP 8T8 said:
    And there it is. The death of achievements as we know them. WE ARE GAMER'S! I have an iPad for all this shit.
    Thank you sir! We are on the same page.
  • Posted on 20 November 13 at 23:50, Edited on 20 November 13 at 23:51 by xPut Name Herex
    NerdrageX said:
    Twitch and Netflix being behind additional paywalls (xbox live Gold) is the main reason I switched to ps4 for the new generation of consoles. It'll be nice not paying for internet twice.
    A) You aren't paying for your internet twice, you ate paying for access to Microsoft's XBL servers/content, just as you would pay for access to Netflix's servers/content.

B) You need to pay for access to Sony's servers for online multiplayer on the PS4 anyway, so your argument is moot unless you have absolutely no intention of going online for multiplayer.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • Martinio140Martinio140135,310
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 00:48
    It would be nice if Twitch didn't manage to break the 360 version.
  • Posted on 21 November 13 at 01:10
    xPut Name Herex said:
    NerdrageX said:
    A) You aren't paying for your internet twice, you ate paying for access to Microsoft's XBL servers/content, just as you would pay for access to Netflix's servers/content.

B) You need to pay for access to Sony's servers for online multiplayer on the PS4 anyway, so your argument is moot unless you have absolutely no intention of going online for multiplayer.
    That would mean he couldn't access those features anyway if he didn't pay could only play single player games he's better off getting a PS3 for what he wants.
  • Big EllBig Ell1,017,689
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 01:46
    AP 8T8 said:
    And there it is. The death of achievements as we know them. WE ARE GAMER'S! I have an iPad for all this shit.
    A) You're right, there will be zero games on the Xbox One, just the ability to watch other people game.

B) Gamer's what? What does Gamer possess that irritates you so much?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 November 13 at 03:25
    Kinda awesome and also kinda lame. Easy achievements but not really... achievements.
    Do you even know what an idiom is? Uh, It's a colloquial metaphor?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 November 13 at 04:05
    Is this what marketing comes down to nowadays?

Incorporate a feature that some people may use, but oh no, ADD DEM CHEEVOS and everyone pops a kickstand over it.

Gaming today baffles and infuriates me sometimes.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/PMMX360/petition.html SIGN IT NOW
  • ElyohElyoh820,189
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 05:54
    Big Ell said:
    AP 8T8 said:
    A) You're right, there will be zero games on the Xbox One, just the ability to watch other people game.

B) Gamer's what? What does Gamer possess that irritates you so much?
    laugh At B)
  • JaredT84JaredT84728,817
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 06:35
    Great.

MS Word Achievements

FML - Create 10,000 documents
  • Posted on 21 November 13 at 08:55
    Aldanga said:
    xDLxSilentOnex said:
    ^This.
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • Posted on 21 November 13 at 10:03
    Detr0itz Pr1nce said:
    AP 8T8 said:
    Thank you sir! We are on the same page.
    Ain't that the truth Detroit...screeeew this, the app is nice but the achievements being added...completely defeats the purpose of why I wanted them in the first place. As a completionist, I don't want achievements just because they're called "Achievements" no...it dates back to me finishing all my games 100% on the earlier generation of consoles (namely, N64/PS1 and Gamecube/PS2...though of course I played NES, SNES, Sega Genesis...etc.). An achievement to me is proof that you went through and beat the hell out of a game. I especially like achievements for hard difficulties, that means you managed to go through that game and survive despite whatever bullcrap was thrown your way.

Achievements for watching stuff? Even if they're 0G...it's still a needless hook to get people to use apps. Again, I'm addicted to achievements for GAMES for the reason of having done EVERYTHING in those games, not achievements just for the sake of them being achievements.
    dat Jill Valentine >=D
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.