Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox One Twitch Details Emerge

• maguzzolomaguzzolo471,312
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 11:11Permalink
    Ok... 0 gamerpoints, but what about completion percentage?
    It seems to me that when unlocking ANY achievement ("one hour", maybe?) of this app, the remaining nine will be counted in your "not achieved" list. cry
  • AP 8T8AP 8T82,217,517
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 12:50Permalink
    Elyoh said:
    Big Ell said:
    AP 8T8 said:
    And there it is. The death of achievements as we know them. WE ARE GAMER'S! I have an iPad for all this shit.
    A) You're right, there will be zero games on the Xbox One, just the ability to watch other people game.

B) Gamer's what? What does Gamer possess that irritates you so much?
    laugh At B)
    lol. Yes the apostrophe was an accidental typo.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 November 13 at 13:17Permalink
    At first thought I'm thinking 'Please someone kill me!'

But then again this have its uses, for example:

Watching someone who is exremely good to pick up tips
    Watching people who you believe are cheating to catch them out
    Watching a friend to help with locations of certain in game advantages, easter eggs and collectables

This may not be so bad, but as for gaining achievements for it I don't see any point
    Let me find peace in my own heart and save me from my enemies.
  • DeviSlatorDeviSlator431,569
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 14:57Permalink
    Crappy 'achievements' like this means I won't be downloading any apps onto my XBOXONE when I eventually get one.
  • Posted on 21 November 13 at 16:25Permalink
    Im Sander Cohen said:
    Watch other people game? Yeah that sounds like a great idea, I barely get any free time as it is but why spend it enjoying my hobby when I can watch someone else do it.... for 100 hours roll
    ...my sentiments exactly!
    Self-reliance is the key to true freedom.
  • cheeky 315cheeky 315237,735 237,735 GamerScore
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 17:41Permalink
    I really don't want twitch or any other app sitting on my profile with 0 gamerscore and I can't remove it because I just watched a random clip and unlocked an achievement

I don't even do arcade games because I don't like seeing 200g on my profile.

This really is ridiculous these challenges and 0 g achievements tied to apps really should not be allowed. This will basically stop me from using the app in the first place which is obviously not what their intention is.

Achievements should be for games, hopefully these will sit separately from achievements like the awards currently do on the 360
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 November 13 at 18:27Permalink
    Is TA going to count it as a game?
  • xMac73xMac73483,297
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 19:16Permalink
    NiteJokester said:
    I lost interest in this article at cheevo. I hate that word. That is all!
    Cheevo = Achievement
    Nite = Night

Oh, the irony. facepalm

On Topic: I've never heard of Twitch before, but I'll check it out. I hope it's somehow moderated... I can see less scrupulous folks streaming naked gaming videos. Or perhaps I don't understood the concept yet. lol
  • Big EllBig Ell1,016,535
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 20:51Permalink
    cheeky 315 said:
    I really don't want twitch or any other app sitting on my profile with 0 gamerscore and I can't remove it because I just watched a random clip and unlocked an achievement

I don't even do arcade games because I don't like seeing 200g on my profile.

This really is ridiculous these challenges and 0 g achievements tied to apps really should not be allowed. This will basically stop me from using the app in the first place which is obviously not what their intention is.

Achievements should be for games, hopefully these will sit separately from achievements like the awards currently do on the 360
    OCD much?
  • NerdrageXNerdrageX589,417
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 03:27Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    NerdrageX said:
    Twitch and Netflix being behind additional paywalls (xbox live Gold) is the main reason I switched to ps4 for the new generation of consoles. It'll be nice not paying for internet twice.
    A) You aren't paying for your internet twice, you ate paying for access to Microsoft's XBL servers/content, just as you would pay for access to Netflix's servers/content.

B) You need to pay for access to Sony's servers for online multiplayer on the PS4 anyway, so your argument is moot unless you have absolutely no intention of going online for multiplayer.
    I have absolutely no intention of going online for multiplayer.

What now, tough guy?
  • Posted on 22 November 13 at 06:56Permalink
    NerdrageX said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    NerdrageX said:
    Twitch and Netflix being behind additional paywalls (xbox live Gold) is the main reason I switched to ps4 for the new generation of consoles. It'll be nice not paying for internet twice.
    A) You aren't paying for your internet twice, you ate paying for access to Microsoft's XBL servers/content, just as you would pay for access to Netflix's servers/content.

B) You need to pay for access to Sony's servers for online multiplayer on the PS4 anyway, so your argument is moot unless you have absolutely no intention of going online for multiplayer.

What now, tough guy?
    I only assumed because the 8 pages of online multiplayer achievements on your profile would suggest otherwise.

But if that's truly the case and you're not making this up to win an argument on the internet, then yes, that would be a benefit for the PS4 for you.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • sanityendssanityends340,648
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 16:27Permalink
    xPut Name Herex said:
    NerdrageX said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    NerdrageX said:

What now, tough guy?
    I only assumed because the 8 pages of online multiplayer achievements on your profile would suggest otherwise.

But if that's truly the case and you're not making this up to win an argument on the internet, then yes, that would be a benefit for the PS4 for you.
    Yea that is 110% "I can't even be wrong on the internet" Gotta love the people who always have to be right all the time. Guy says "tough guy" I mean how much lack of common sense does he have. That doesn't scream guilty. I never come on here to harp on people except for the DRM stuff but man what a freaking tool. He will get a One and change his gamertag that is a guarantee.
  • EX slay3rEX slay3r237,350
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 19:43Permalink
    The Achievements actually looks pretty cool. I really hope they wont make Achievements where you have to buy stuff from an app. That's the only thing I'm scared of the app Achievements.
    We at war with the army of haters and when we kill em we just smoke em like papers.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 November 13 at 05:34Permalink
    ^ Buying achievements directly? Its a happened before.
  • UndoingDuckUndoingDuck432,867
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 15:59Permalink
    EX slay3r said:
    The Achievements actually looks pretty cool. I really hope they wont make Achievements where you have to buy stuff from an app. That's the only thing I'm scared of the app Achievements.
    Have a look at the killer instinct Achievement list. You'll find your horror there.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.