Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Microsoft Confirms ID@Xbox Developers

• punkyliarpunkyliar191,391
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,381
    Posted on 05 December 13 at 22:46, Edited on 06 December 13 at 13:32 by ChewieOnIcePermalink
    I wasn't bothered about getting a One. Then I saw Divekick.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 December 13 at 22:49Permalink
    Crytek currently has Homefront 2 and Warface in development

Do I need to remind everyone that the sequel that NOBODY ASKED FOR is the reason Timesplitters 4 will never be made?

And if you don't know what Timesplitters is
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    http://www.petitiononline.com/PMMX360/petition.html SIGN IT NOW
  • wbswbs904,388
    Posted on 05 December 13 at 22:57Permalink
    Doominatorx6 said:

Do I need to remind everyone that the sequel that NOBODY ASKED FOR is the reason Timesplitters 4 will never be made?

I have asked for it! Even if they don't want to do a new game I would be happy with an HD remake pack of all the old ones. Timesplitters was one of the best shooters of the PS2 era and I wonder what caused it to just disappear.
  • Posted on 05 December 13 at 23:01Permalink
    wbs 101 said:
    Doominatorx6 said:

I have asked for it! Even if they don't want to do a new game I would be happy with an HD remake pack of all the old ones. Timesplitters was one of the best shooters of the PS2 era and I wonder what caused it to just disappear.
    I still hook up My PS2 with my Multitap to play splitscreen on Timesplitters with my friends, Nothing beats a monkey brick fight.
    Adam West was clearly the strongest Batman. Only he could punch villains so hard that words appear
  • wbswbs904,388
    Posted on 05 December 13 at 23:07, Edited on 05 December 13 at 23:08 by wbsPermalink
    BlackMage Felix said:
    wbs 101 said:
    Doominatorx6 said:

I still hook up My PS2 with my Multitap to play splitscreen on Timesplitters with my friends, Nothing beats a monkey brick fight.
    I really just don't get why they don't do an HD remake. It doesn't cost that much for them to do and it is a popular game with money just sitting and waiting to be made. I never thought I would see the day there was a Zone of Enders and Dragon Ball Z HD remake before Timesplitters. Not that I don't like those games but I think Timesplitters is way more popular. What facebook do I need to get some people to blow up to get this done?
  • HobbesOnFireHobbesOnFire324,781
    Posted on 05 December 13 at 23:12Permalink
    Oddworld Inhabitants??????

I really want Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New n' Tasty
    Who's with me????

COME ON MiCROSOFT!!
    I Bring Comedy and Competition to the table what do you bring? A Chair for me?
  • Posted on 05 December 13 at 23:14Permalink
    Sounds interesting but still not getting the One for a long time
  • wbswbs904,388
    Posted on 05 December 13 at 23:21Permalink
    HobbesOnFire said:
    Oddworld Inhabitants??????

I really want Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee New n' Tasty
    Who's with me????

COME ON MiCROSOFT!!
    Here here
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty529,417
    Posted on 05 December 13 at 23:37Permalink
    I wouldn't count on Project Cars coming out, they have been making it for about 5 frigging years!!
  • S P 4 C E YS P 4 C E Y277,185
    Posted on 06 December 13 at 00:13Permalink
    Doominatorx6 said:

I liked Homefront. The campaign was awful but the MP was actually very well balanced and good fun. Getting 1000G was a lot of fun despite how grindy it was...!
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,397,943
    Posted on 06 December 13 at 00:24Permalink
    S P 4 C E Y said:
    I liked Homefront. The campaign was awful but the MP was actually very well balanced and good fun. Getting 1000G was a lot of fun despite how grindy it was...!
    I liked it too. Shame the shut the servers down on me as I was about to finish and now I can't ever perfect the game. Sigh. But, yeah, I'd love a sequel. So, I'm glad they are doing it.
  • Posted on 06 December 13 at 01:35Permalink
    Divekick looks absolutely hilarious
    LTspeirs
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl629,973
    Posted on 06 December 13 at 01:53Permalink
    - Amazing list of developers, really looking forward to some of these.
    - Would definitely try Divekick.
    - <3 Ninjabee and Double Fine.

Per Ska Studios website (whom I would LOVE see added as well) these are also possibilities in the future:

•Ska Studios
    •SinisterSoft Limited – StarSplash, Bacteria™ Arcade Edition
    •HOT ‘n SPICY – Scary Race
    •BackSpace Games
    •OnekSoft Games
    •Smudged Cat Games – Gateways, The Adventures of Shuggy
    •VICO Game Studio – BombPong: Space Invasion, AAW2/3
    •X10 interactive – So Many Me
    •Fun Infused Games – Hypership Out of Control, VolChaos
    •Alientrap – Apotheon
    •Randomchaos Games
    •Drop Dead Interactive
    •Vector Unit
    • Swing Swing Submarine
    •Holmade Games
    •Xona Games
    No mercy.
  • Posted on 06 December 13 at 02:53Permalink
    Ugh, was kinda hoping for more xbla style quality. All these vids just looked like sub par arcade games... the ones that don't sell very well.

That is only judging these games by the videos posted of course... im sure there will be many high quality ones... like Peggle 2!

At least im confident Team 17 wont let me down... assuming its a Worms game and not something terrible like Alien Breed.
  • coipcoip183,353
    Posted on 06 December 13 at 07:14Permalink
    Yeah, I liked the XBLA setup too. I was disappointed they decided not to keep them separate from the big budget Xbox One games.

That said, this ID@Xbox program is a good idea. They badly need to extend it to Xbox games on Windows Phone

#SaveXboxWP
  • Posted on 06 December 13 at 08:51Permalink
    Tru Skill Gamin said:
    Sounds interesting but still not getting the One for a long time
    +1
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • Posted on 06 December 13 at 10:33Permalink
    wbs 101 said:
    It doesn't cost that much for them to do
    HD remakes actually cost quiet a lot. Unless it's just a port, in which case it's not a remake nor HD, then they have to go through and remake most if not all the assets used in the game which is fairly expensive.
  • Posted on 06 December 13 at 10:59Permalink
    My god if they come out with iron brigade 2 for the one.....I'm buying a xbox one....

At this point, I'll buy a ONE when there is a game I MUST play....and its not on 360

Examples are

Iron brigade 2
    Any command and conquer
    Mass effect
    A new naughty bear
    Any new fallout or red dead game

And that's pretty much it.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • KelvinKelvin538,175
    Posted on 06 December 13 at 11:41Permalink
    Bill Gates himself should buy some studios.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.