The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Permanent XBL Reductions for March 2013

• Posted on 14 March 13 at 00:36
    I can't find my glasses... Did anyone see Star Wars: The Force Unleashed DLC reduced? Didn't think so...
    Lord Namlig
  • matdanmatdan810,183
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 01:21
    Should note on there that the reduction of Team X is that there are unobtainable achievements at the moment.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude725,436
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 01:23
    I recommend the DLC for Two Worlds II. Fantastic price.

Anyhow, Special Forces Team X just got released! How the hell does it only have 200 gamerscore?!
  • Posted on 14 March 13 at 02:40
    ...old news. I guess now it's kinda official.
  • OdinHawkeOdinHawke226,534
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 02:57
    matdan12 said:
    Should note on there that the reduction of Team X is that there are unobtainable achievements at the moment.
    Which achievements are unobtainable? I haven't seen anything to back that up. Weird?

I only know of the current issue with the level reset glitch.
  • matdanmatdan810,183
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 03:13
    EngageCardinal said:
    matdan12 said:
    Which achievements are unobtainable? I haven't seen anything to back that up. Weird?

I only know of the current issue with the level reset glitch.
    Reading the solutions the challenges can't be completed because sniper kills aren't registering apparently got patched on Steam though but not XBL.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 March 13 at 04:26
    Nice to see some price drops even if none of it interests me.
  • Posted on 14 March 13 at 05:29
    wtf is this
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 March 13 at 07:38
    Holy crap. Massive discounts on Two Worlds II content.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 March 13 at 08:08
    I might just get the Serious Sam games, still in doubt
    Posted from TrueAchievements Mobile
  • Omniscient AlOmniscient Al1,448,770
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 10:49
    Where is Stranglehold dlc?
    Where is. brutal legend dlc?

These Dlc titles are mouldering in the vaults.
    Noboby is interested in paying grossly inflated prices for Dlc that gives less gamer score than an arcade game that costs far less!
  • Anders1983Anders1983307,973
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 11:50
    Repeating what many others have said: finally a cut for Puzzle Quest dlc, will get that! Possible the dlc for grid too, 400 sounds reasonable already.
    Videogamer 'till the bitter end!
  • Posted on 14 March 13 at 12:54
    Watty8883 said:
    Still holding my breath for a stranglehold dlc reduction
    You must have some good lungs! :-)

I have reason to believe this will never happen. I don't know about the technicalities of it, but the people who was responsible for the Stranglehold multiplayer filed for bankruptcy, which means no one has the rights or ability to reduce those prices.
    Rollus Tidus
  • Dibbs93Dibbs931,062,550
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 13:25
    im buying the 8-b all pack for grid and both two worlds dlc's saves me buying the velvet edition i save even more money now :) glad i waited
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58500,102
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 18:54
    lawman al said:
    Where is Stranglehold dlc?
    Where is. brutal legend dlc?

These Dlc titles are mouldering in the vaults.
    Noboby is interested in paying grossly inflated prices for Dlc that gives less gamer score than an arcade game that costs far less!
    While I agree these and many other older titles need permanent reductions on DLC, I do take issue with your final point. Most people don't buy DLC (or games for that matter) for achievements, they buy it because they enjoyed the game and want more. That reasoning may apply to the community of this web site as it deals with achievements, but not the rest of the world.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58500,102
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 19:04, Edited on 14 March 13 at 19:05 by dlCHIEF58
    Mr Granstaff said:
    Watty8883 said:
    Still holding my breath for a stranglehold dlc reduction
    You must have some good lungs! :-)

I have reason to believe this will never happen. I don't know about the technicalities of it, but the people who was responsible for the Stranglehold multiplayer filed for bankruptcy, which means no one has the rights or ability to reduce those prices.
    Actually that would have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the prices of the DLC. It depends upon who has the DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS for the game and DLC, not who made what portion of the game. But seeing as the publisher was Midway and they have went bankrupt, it falls on whoever picked up the rights for that IP (Possibly Warner Bros?). It's probably more along the lines of the new rights holder of the IP not doing anything with any part of the title as it is not a high priority to them at the moment or not being aware of all the assets they attained with the purchase.

Someone obviously does hold the rights of this DLC would more than likely be de-listed because someone has to get the money from the sales.
  • Posted on 14 March 13 at 19:21
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    Actually that would have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on the prices of the DLC. It depends upon who has the DISTRIBUTION RIGHTS for the game and DLC, not who made what portion of the game. But seeing as the publisher was Midway and they have went bankrupt, it falls on whoever picked up the rights for that IP (Possibly Warner Bros?). It's probably more along the lines of the new rights holder of the IP not doing anything with any part of the title as it is not a high priority to them at the moment or not being aware of all the assets they attained with the purchase.

Someone obviously does hold the rights of this DLC would more than likely be de-listed because someone has to get the money from the sales.
    Yep! That's what I meant. "Distribution rights..."

laugh

I told you I didn't know the technicalities of it, but never did I say whoever created the game had the rights to the pricing. I believe I used the word, "responsible." My apologies for misleading. :-)

I didn't understand your last paragraph though. I'm unable to fill in the blanks and figure out what you were trying to say since I'm pretty sure there's a typo in there...
    Rollus Tidus
  • Mr RodsterMr Rodster2,271,935
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 19:57
    Mr Granstaff said:
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    I didn't understand your last paragraph though. I'm unable to fill in the blanks and figure out what you were trying to say since I'm pretty sure there's a typo in there...
    I think the "of" was meant to be an "or".
  • Posted on 14 March 13 at 20:02
    Mr Rodster said:
    I think the "of" was meant to be an "or".
    Stay out of this, Rodster!

laugh

Makes sense now. At any rate, I just play the games. I don't care about this mumbo jumbo. :-)

It just stinks this hobby can get a bit expensive.
    Rollus Tidus
  • BROOKER 513BROOKER 513598,114
    Posted on 14 March 13 at 22:03
    TheDude722 said:
    Galactrix needs further reduction.
    I agree 800msp would be more appropriate.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.