Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

A Look at Hulu Plus in the Next Gen

• pommer299pommer299333,274
  • litepinklitepink307,527
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 22:46, Edited on 21 November 13 at 22:47 by litepink
    I use Hulu Plus almost everyday, so this will suit nicely. One gripe though is that some sketches are cut from Saturday Night Live and other shows due to online licensing issues (not Hulu's fault per se, but it sucks), and that shows like South Park you have to wait like a month to view the newest episode. So while people are raving about the Black Friday episode I just got to see the Goth Kids one.

Still, I love Hulu Plus for everything it has to offer for $8. This plus Netflix, minus a cable bill has produced epic savings this past year.
    My TA Deal Blog: http://tinyurl.com/6t8nzpd
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,403,519
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 22:52
    litepink said:
    I use Hulu Plus almost everyday, so this will suit nicely. One gripe though is that some sketches are cut from Saturday Night Live and other shows due to online licensing issues (not Hulu's fault per se, but it sucks), and that shows like South Park you have to wait like a month to view the newest episode. So while people are raving about the Black Friday episode I just got to see the Goth Kids one.

Still, I love Hulu Plus for everything it has to offer for $8. This plus Netflix, minus a cable bill has produced epic savings this past year.
    I tried Hulu Plus for a while, but they just don't have anything unique enough for them to actually continue to pay for a subscription. Thing is, pretty much everything they have available on their website, is also available on the website of the original media company who aired the content. Sure it's not all one location, but it sure as hell isn't Netflix with actual unique content that can't be easily (and legally) found on the internet.
    Gamers have two hobbies: Playing games, and complaining about those games
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,047,461
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 22:55
    Actually, Saving Strange is up, but yeah, we get to wait about two weeks for each episode.

Anyway, can't wait to switch to Xbox One as my new television platform and now earn achievements while doing it! :D
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 23:01
    Fire Hawk D said:
    Actually, Saving Strange is up, but yeah, we get to wait about two weeks for each episode.

Anyway, can't wait to switch to Xbox One as my new television platform and now earn achievements while doing it! :D
    Just watched that last night. Very funny. South Park's short production time helps them stay current, I love it. Loved the Intellilink bits. I know it's suppose to be ripping healthcare.gov but was topical for all confusing appointment systems everything seems to getting these days.
  • DarthGoose13DarthGoose13543,949
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 23:10
    Looks like gamers are going to be a dying breed if people would rather watch television instead of play games. cry

I have a TV which I don't watch, don't really understand why people get so excited about watching films and programmes on a different platform to one they probably already have in their home?

R.I.P games console, long live TV console.
    What the brown?
  • wBRYwBRY749,247
    Posted on 21 November 13 at 23:30
    DarthGoose13 said:
    Looks like gamers are going to be a dying breed if people would rather watch television instead of play games. cry

I have a TV which I don't watch, don't really understand why people get so excited about watching films and programmes on a different platform to one they probably already have in their home?

Still plays games last I checked...
  • Capn BeavCapn Beav842,392
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 00:59
    DarthGoose13 said:

I never watch television shows because I'm using my TV to play games. Now I can do both at once. There doesn't have to be "instead of."
  • Skanker irlSkanker irl992,134
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 04:49
    DarthGoose13 said:

Actually, you can do both. Xbox One plays games. You should do some research.
    No mercy.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,263,420
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 05:54, Edited on 22 November 13 at 05:55 by ScuzzyBunny
    I stopped paying for cable years ago, and use hulu+ to keep up with must of our favorite shows...and i stopped paying for hulu a few months ago, since it's the best deal in bing rewards! $8 subscription fee is only 420 bing reward points...best value on there.
    Look at me so I can finish!
  • DudeWithTheFaceDudeWithTheFace1,371,742
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 15:15
    Literally the PS3 Hulu UI (which is better than 360s kinectified crap)
  • Posted on 22 November 13 at 19:55
    I haven't been interested in Hulu ever. I think it will stay that way.
    We at war with the army of haters and when we kill em we just smoke em like papers.
  • Posted on 22 November 13 at 22:14
    xPut Name Herex said:
    litepink said:

I tried Hulu Plus for a while, but they just don't have anything unique enough for them to actually continue to pay for a subscription. Thing is, pretty much everything they have available on their website, is also available on the website of the original media company who aired the content. Sure it's not all one location, but it sure as hell isn't Netflix with actual unique content that can't be easily (and legally) found on the internet.
    What? All the Asian soap-opera's are not "unique" enough? laugh

Honestly though - I only have Hulu Plus for a few shows, and if I am watching anything else it is on Netflix. The savings have been tremendous, especially since moving into my new home Time Warner decided stringing up a line from one telephone pole to the other (literally, between two goddamn poles) was going to cost me a little more than $3 grand upfront. angry
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
    Posted on 25 November 13 at 17:42
    Ok, so my Hulu Plus on Xbox One has been acting up a bit. Several times yesterday I received error messages saying there was a problem with my connection. I’d have to hit ‘Retry’ in order to restart where I left off. I also ran into an issue where it seemed to stutter periodically, and then suddenly skip ahead 30 seconds or so. Sometimes this involved getting ads in random places. Finally, I had issues where the image would freeze (but the audio continued). To fix it I hit Pause, then Play, and it’d fast forward the image to match the audio.

I switched back to my Xbox 360 version and had no problems or error messages in regards to my connection, and everything ran smoothly the rest of the night. This leaves me to believe it’s a problem with the Xbox One App rather than my connection.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.