Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Friday XBL Content Roundup: November 22nd, 2013

  • NoRmAnJiNoRmAnJi310,633
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 17:57
    Lego marvel is on sale at local asda today, for xbox one
  • SpilnerSpilner1,004,338
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 18:15, Edited on 22 November 13 at 18:15 by Spilner
    MetabolicFlames said:
    YA BILLY said:
    So no Xbox one achievements are showing on site? Should we avoid earning achievements until that's fixed?
    No, it's something to do with TA's scanner, it'll pick up all your cheevos when it's xbone compatable. TrueAchiement said he had to do something to the code.
    Details why they aren't showing here Malfunctioning Scanners and most likely be updated in that thread once they are added to the xbox.com site.
    You either hate me or fucking hate me
  • Gannon94Gannon94499,869
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 18:42
    Forza is 32Gb I think, ghosts 40.. Doesn't really make sense that ghosts is that much if its only 720p on Xbone... Very big for 720... Cant wait to play DR3 but some features on the xbox annoy the hell out of me like the single controller multi sign in features are woeful!
    Gannon94
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty808,144
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 18:48
    ScrotoBaggins22 said:
    Whoever pays that much for Angry Birds is a dead set retard. Seriously. What. The. Actual. Funk.
    Well it's not as stupid as paying £95 for a COD game lol
  • Posted on 22 November 13 at 19:03
    Quite big games so the 500GB hard drive sucks! A 1TB drive cost about the same so guess the only reason is so people want to buy another bigger disk later...
  • BIG P3TEBIG P3TE212,379 212,379 GamerScore
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 19:03, Edited on 22 November 13 at 19:05 by BIG P3TE
    I really want digital releases to succeed on XO as I'd rather buy online and download than wait for the postie to deliver, but the prices and currency conversions are a joke.

    If prices were converted to local currency based on the exchange rate then they wouldn't be too bad, but as it is the marketplace gives U.S gamer's the best deal.

    Marketplace Prices -> US$59.99 / £54.99 / €69.99 / AU$99.45

    In the real world where the USD converts to $1.62 $ to every £1, everyone not in the U.S is getting stuffed on prices. Games listed at £54.99 for example would work out to the equivalent of USD$89.12. that's $30 above what the game is on the marketplace for. It's no different for those countries who pay in Euros or Aussies paying in AUD, IE: $59.99 for ACIV Black Flag for example converts to €44.30 instead of the €69.99 they would be charged, or £37.01p in the UK instead of the listed £54.99, US$59.99 converts to AUD$65.49. yet they get charged AUD$99.45 which would be the equivalent of USD$91.56.

    This needs to be sorted out.. toast
    Veteran Gamer (Started on ZX81) | Gaming Journalist | Owner:- Game-play.Tv | Xbox Live Ambassador
  • Posted on 22 November 13 at 19:14, Edited on 22 November 13 at 19:14 by demonWhistler
    And in Sweden a $59.99 game cost $106!!! (For xbox 360 games that is, we don't get xbox one for another 6 month or something, but will be the same)
  • BIG P3TEBIG P3TE212,379 212,379 GamerScore
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 19:25
    @Demonwhistler. You thought about getting an XO shipped over to you? I can't wait for anything, And 6 months wait would annoy the hell out of me...
    Veteran Gamer (Started on ZX81) | Gaming Journalist | Owner:- Game-play.Tv | Xbox Live Ambassador
  • Posted on 22 November 13 at 19:32, Edited on 22 November 13 at 19:33 by demonWhistler
    @BIG P3TE Someone talked to Microsoft about that and said it would cause troubles, but other ppl from Microsoft has said it would be ok also... So letting other people test that one first :p If it's only a language thing it's a plus, I don't want local language, easier to understand game/tech terms in English, just weird and ugly when they translate stuff. Anyway my backlog is big so no big deal waiting awhile.
  • Posted on 22 November 13 at 20:04
    Yawn.
    We at war with the army of haters and when we kill em we just smoke em like papers.
  • Dancsi27Dancsi27187,160
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 20:57
    on ps4, we can change the HDD, so we can put a 1TB or 2TB in it without problem ;P

    Patriot65108 said:
    The size of these games......The reason why I'm waiting to buy Xbox One. 500G HDD is crap especially since all the discs need to be installed to HDD. I give 6 months before the start selling console with 1T or larger HDD.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE496,748
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 21:02
    saw $119 for that CoD version and thought I was in .au for a sec heh
  • MasterHouzeMasterHouze681,536
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 22:05
    i wish i can buy a Xone :T
  • NJC OmegaNJC Omega289,899
    Posted on 22 November 13 at 23:31
    BIG P3TE said:
    I really want digital releases to succeed on XO as I'd rather buy online and download than wait for the postie to deliver, but the prices and currency conversions are a joke.

    If prices were converted to local currency based on the exchange rate then they wouldn't be too bad, but as it is the marketplace gives U.S gamer's the best deal.

    Marketplace Prices -> US$59.99 / £54.99 / €69.99 / AU$99.45

    In the real world where the USD converts to $1.62 $ to every £1, everyone not in the U.S is getting stuffed on prices. Games listed at £54.99 for example would work out to the equivalent of USD$89.12. that's $30 above what the game is on the marketplace for. It's no different for those countries who pay in Euros or Aussies paying in AUD, IE: $59.99 for ACIV Black Flag for example converts to €44.30 instead of the €69.99 they would be charged, or £37.01p in the UK instead of the listed £54.99, US$59.99 converts to AUD$65.49. yet they get charged AUD$99.45 which would be the equivalent of USD$91.56.

    This needs to be sorted out.. toast
    Excellent post and one that I was going to make when I read the initial post. It's absolutely ridiculous to buy digital when these are the prices. I too would prefer a more digital catalogue of games than I have at the moment but it doesn't make economical sense to do that with these prices.

    How can they possibly justify $59.99 = €69.99? Even in plain numerical terms knowing €1 is worth more than $1 it doesn't make any sense.

    Are there hidden taxes added onto the US prices or is there something I'm missing?
    - NJC Omega
  • Posted on 23 November 13 at 00:38
    Anyone know how to take advantage of the free Killer Instinct offer? I got a message from Microsoft on my Xbox 360 a couple weeks ago saying they were giving me a gift of unlocked characters, but I have no idea how to claim them.... Also, I did not receive an email, just an Xbox message.
    LTspeirs
  • Posted on 23 November 13 at 03:51
    So am I correct in speculating the Scanner can't pick up Xbox One achievements yet? If so, I'm going to have to go back to the 360 quickly to keep my achievement streak going.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,004,338
    Posted on 23 November 13 at 04:49
    GoBlueFiddler13 said:
    So am I correct in speculating the Scanner can't pick up Xbox One achievements yet? If so, I'm going to have to go back to the 360 quickly to keep my achievement streak going.
    Currently the achievements aren't on xbox.com (Or the API) and only viewable via smartglass app so for now they cannot be tracked but once they are on xbox,com rich will get to work on scanning them - Malfunctioning Scanners is a good thread to follow for updates
    You either hate me or fucking hate me
  • BIG P3TEBIG P3TE212,379 212,379 GamerScore
    Posted on 23 November 13 at 09:46
    NJC Omega said:
    Excellent post and one that I was going to make when I read the initial post. It's absolutely ridiculous to buy digital when these are the prices. I too would prefer a more digital catalogue of games than I have at the moment but it doesn't make economical sense to do that with these prices.

    How can they possibly justify $59.99 = €69.99? Even in plain numerical terms knowing €1 is worth more than $1 it doesn't make any sense.

    Are there hidden taxes added onto the US prices or is there something I'm missing?
    Can you imagine the outcry if it were the other way around, ie, games priced in USD being dearer than anywhere else. headspin

    CoD Ghosts (Digital) Hardened Edition is £94.99, that's £30 dearer than Amazon.co.uk, and is the equivalent of USD$154.05, yet the game is priced at USD$119.99, Which is just £73.98, ( 88.50E/ AUD$131.05), still £10 dearer than Amazon, but £20 cheaper than on the marketplace..
    Veteran Gamer (Started on ZX81) | Gaming Journalist | Owner:- Game-play.Tv | Xbox Live Ambassador
  • True OwlcaholicTrue Owlcaholic1,581,540
    Posted on 23 November 13 at 15:56
    Pretty disappointed right now.. Love the article and all games coming out, ordered my Xbox ones from Microsoft store and they guaranteed that I'd have it day one. I'm sitting here on the 23rd, having taken last night off from work, with my play n charge kit, dead rising 3, Battlefield 4, COD Hardened, And Forza limited. Saaadface. :(
    ~RT~
  • LockieLockie683,780
    Posted on 24 November 13 at 00:28
    And that is why I will continue import games from the UK (to Australia) when I get the XB1.
    Posting from sunny Australia.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.