Apparently, it's not just the bite that zombifies you; it's playing this game

Please click here to read the story: The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Review
SyndicateKing
SyndicateKing
Posted on 31 March 13 at 00:30
To be honest i didnt mind this game, 6/10 for me, far from good but playable
Marc Pilkington
Posted on 31 March 13 at 00:32
I'm pretty much hearing all bad stuff about this game. I saw a video and just immediately thought of some worse version of Dead Island. They had so much potential here to deliver something great, but sadly not. What a shame. Those graphics as well...eesh.
Lethal God428
Lethal God428
Posted on 31 March 13 at 00:44
Thanks for including an brief overview of the types of achievements for this game. I always want to know what the achievements are like when I'm on the fence about buying a game, but reviews that are not console specific usually don't talk about them.
DJ JAW135
DJ JAW135
Posted on 31 March 13 at 01:00
Im a bit pissed off i actually pre ordered this and paid full price. I did enjoy it at the start but the multiple playthroughs to get the last few achievements was a bit tedious. Its worth renting easily 1000g in 3-4 days but not worth buying. Shame on you AMC.
N0T PENNYS B0AT
Posted on 31 March 13 at 01:06
That was a truly awesome review, Chewie. I love your writing style.
Twitter: @N0TPENNYSB0AT || Instagram: @mdelaney4127
BloodwCinnamon
Posted on 31 March 13 at 01:24
These are screenshots of the PC version.
abelxcain
abelxcain
Posted on 31 March 13 at 01:46
It is nice to know that the review is been made from playing a game purchased with the own reviewer's money.
Derpcrawler
Derpcrawler
Posted on 31 March 13 at 01:46
After I realised how crappy this game is I deleted if from my game history before I got my first achievement.

Funny if you compare this game to Walking Dead Arcade game, but I guess good licensed games are just that, dimonds among pile of crap.
ScuzzyBunny
ScuzzyBunny
Posted on 31 March 13 at 02:15
I actually preferred this one to the episodic arcade version, but I really didn't put much investment in either. Got the retail disc of the arcade one from Gamefly, picked this one up from the red box and got out back the 2nd day ($4).
Look at me so I can finish!
Uranium Deposit
Posted on 31 March 13 at 02:22
I like that reviews are now telling us how long it was played and how many achievements were earned. Useful information for us all in one way or another.

Definitely looks to be a skippable.
Arachnicide
Arachnicide
Posted on 31 March 13 at 02:35
Uranium Deposit said:
I like that reviews are now telling us how long it was played and how many achievements were earned. Useful information for us all in one way or another.

Definitely looks to be a skippable.
The fact that it is from Terminal Reality makes it skippable. I hate those guys...moreso than EA I think.
http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Arachnicide.jpg
Bk LuCKY ChaRMS
Posted on 31 March 13 at 02:58
hated this game had a lot of good elements going for it but it felt way too rushed i think they had to get the game out before the end of the third season of the show which is why it was so quick but thats no excuse
matdan
matdan
Posted on 31 March 13 at 06:24
Did anyone expect this to be good after they released that awful footage?
Quadrahands
Quadrahands
Posted on 31 March 13 at 10:35
Bad game, tedious combat and achievement grinding... But totally playable. I have played a lot worse. Worth mentioning that you may have to play 3-4 times (I did!) but you can just run past virtually every single zombie to get where you need to be. My last play through took 1h25m start to finish.
I went outside once, the graphics were amazing but the characters and storyline sucked!
lolmanX0
lolmanX0
Posted on 31 March 13 at 10:50
Haha matdan!
Beat the best, Own the rest.
Knockout Moose
Posted on 31 March 13 at 11:20, Edited on 31 March 13 at 11:21 by Knockout Moose
Great review - right on the money in my opinion (from what I have played so far). There are far, far worse games out there...
xMARCx
xMARCx
Posted on 31 March 13 at 12:04
***SPOILER***

Merle has 2 hands again? WTF?
Don't buy new games... if you can wait 9 months and clean out your backlog you'll save $50.
Quantum Binman
Posted on 31 March 13 at 12:13
Marcist said:
***SPOILER***

Merle has 2 hands again? WTF?
It is set prior to the TV show
Acceleretto
Acceleretto
Posted on 31 March 13 at 12:17
matdan12 said:
Did anyone expect this to be good after they released that awful footage?
Somehow, some managed. Some people will play any ol' shit with "zombies" in it.
Cash prize moniiies
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.