The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: April 8th, 2014

• Posted on 08 April 14 at 17:37
    go figure castle crashers goes on sale after i waited a decade ughhhhh too bad i paid full price for it ,

home run stars looks like it might be a pain to complete
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever2,568,631
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 17:43
    Defenitely picking up dragons dogma! Missed it last time, but won't this time!
    Fallout New Vegas 10/19/10!!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 April 14 at 18:04
    Putting Alan Wake on sale might mean that it's gonna be one fo the Games with GOld soon. I'll pick it up then. I sold the game and now I miss it. But I'll wait a month or two.... and see.
  • DigiTekhDigiTekh938,562
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 18:23
    Im JiggyPoo said:
    Somebody help me out. How is Remember Me? Is it worth $13 bucks?
    yes well worth it. i got it around xmas on disc for 20 and even then it was well worth it.

story was interesting and combat was alot of fun. The ability to create combos was very kool. Overall very solid game just a tad short.

i would buy it again but already 1ked it
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy603,824
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 18:29
    For some bizarre reason Halo Wars is $11.54 in Canada
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Mi GentiMi Genti209,725
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 18:32
    I'm not going to lie this is actually a decent sale
  • Posted on 08 April 14 at 18:39
    i can finally spend some of this money MS has been saving me with all the past crappy deals... probably gonna get RE5 to finish a few achievements i missed
  • NUROK HOWLERNUROK HOWLER1,690,980
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 18:42
    you should note that fire pro and charlie murder have unobtainable achievements and that full house poker has discontinued achievements
  • QwanimalQwanimal971,992
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 18:49
    They could've included the crackdown DLC in the sale. I can't be the only one who's been waiting 4-5 years for that!
  • misfit119misfit1191,116,939
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 19:13
    It's interesting seeing so many people in this thread who actually recommend Remember Me. I don't think I've seen a completely terrible game get defended this much since Risen 2... maybe Gothic 2. Anyone thinking of buying it might want to read some reviews for it, I normally do a few professional ones and then a few user reviews, since the general consensus seems to be that its somewhere between fairly decent with a few interesting ideas all the way to being a mish-mash of half-baked ideas that all individually suck and come together to create a real PoS.

That said this is a pretty damn good sale even if there's nothing here for me beyond Castlestorm. Actually, how is Battleblock Theater? There's no reviews for it on the site.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • SEEPAGE ixSEEPAGE ix922,904
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 19:16
    SlavenBOSS said:
    Alan Wake is one of my favorite games on 360 so pick it up if you missed it
    Same here I absolutely love Alan Wake. It has a great story/presentation and the atmosphere is very creepy. 5 bucks is a steal for this game.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy603,824
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 19:26, Edited on 08 April 14 at 19:31 by JMJimmy
    JMJimmy said:
    For some bizarre reason Halo Wars is $11.54 in Canada
    I was looking into this a bit more and it ends up that Canadian prices on some GonD titles are up to 150% higher than in the US.

Halo Wars: $34.99 vs $14.99
    Gears of War 3: $39.99 vs $19.99
    Gears of War 2: $29.99 vs $19.99
    Halo Reach: $39.99 vs $29.99

All of these titles are available in Canada at an MSRP from Microsoft of $19.99 retail.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 April 14 at 19:29
    Marc Pilkington said:
    I'm rather tempted by Remember Me. From what I've heard, it's not the best game, but it still looks like something I'd definitely enjoy.
    I highly recommend it. It's not a perfect game by any means but it was a very refreshing. It is a pretty simple completion.

Hmmm....I think I may finally get Castle Crashers. Dare I?
    My teeth taste funny today. They seem more jagged than normal.
  • Posted on 08 April 14 at 19:40
    Battleblock Theater, Resident Evil 5, possibly Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet thank you. When will I have time to play any of them? No idea...
    LTspeirs
  • Arbiter31996Arbiter31996258,353
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 19:52
    Ah! I bought the Gears 3 Season pass at $15 during the Games for Gold Promotion! Looking into Castle Crashers....
    If they came to hear me beg they will be dissapointed. -Thel Vadam (the Arbiter; Halo 2)
  • Posted on 08 April 14 at 19:53
    NUROK HOWLER said:
    you should note that fire pro and charlie murder have unobtainable achievements and that full house poker has discontinued achievements
    Thanks for the heads up I was going to pick these up, but I'll take a pass now. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet for me.
    G O i7 of L 1 V E
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead709,748
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 20:20
    smakzillaa said:
    rocking23nf said:
    so heres my dilemma, always wanted to play halo wars, but I get this feeling that since its on sale today, it will be free in a month or 2.

Because Microsoft likes to screw with us like that.
    Was GwG in another country and we've yet to have same games as other countries when that happened so far, so who knows.
    It has happened before, Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts was a GwG in September 2013 and March 2014. If Halo Wars (on sale for $20USD in New Zealand :P) is GwG, they will have to offer Germany and Japan another alternative title.
  • smakzillaasmakzillaa933,034
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 20:51
    Debating on whether to get Charlie Murder (Have hope it will be patched) and Perfect Dark. Any thoughts?
  • G0DLY 5NiPeRG0DLY 5NiPeR527,661
    Posted on 08 April 14 at 21:08
    Devil May Cry Collection and Alan Wake sound good to me... hello backlog! laugh
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 08 April 14 at 21:15
    I should've waited with buying Gears 2 until now.
    I got it when GoW 1 was the game with gold for 50% off, could have saved myself a bit of money.
    Some of the games in the 'everyone' list were free for gold members not too long ago.
    Is someone not paying attention, or are they reducing the benefits of the Games with Gold program? Either way, it doesn't seem too smart
    http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/Anemoneman.jpg
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.