Alone In The Dark Walkthrough Discussion

• Information
    Posted on 26 March 12 at 04:58
    Please use this thread to discuss the Alone In The Dark walkthrough
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 March 12 at 20:31
    Oh god. You poor soul, whoever you are.
    [12:24:55] drabik: BWT, I don't have any problems with him, I just question his intelligence
  • Posted on 27 March 12 at 06:43
    I just completed the game 100% so if anyone has any questions about the game feel free to ask me.
    Why so blue Panda Bear?
  • Posted on 27 March 12 at 15:50
    just saw this in Cex for £1.50p
    I used to be a parkeeper,then i took an arrow to the knee.
  • JayourJayour1,027,983
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 18:44
    Cheesy Skidmark said:
    It isn't worth that much, they're trying to rip you off! laugh
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 March 12 at 20:04
    Jayour said:
    Cheesy Skidmark said:
    +1! Also, I have it for sale if you're interested wink
    [12:24:55] drabik: BWT, I don't have any problems with him, I just question his intelligence
  • Posted on 27 March 12 at 20:34
    Skadi And Omega said:
    Jayour said:
    Cheesy Skidmark said:
    +1! Also, I have it for sale if you're interested wink
    Go on i will pay you in human kindnesslaugh
    I used to be a parkeeper,then i took an arrow to the knee.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 March 12 at 20:35
    laugh
  • JayourJayour1,027,983
    Posted on 27 March 12 at 22:04
    If I was given this game I know I wouldn't repay it in human kindness, I'd probably throw the game back at their face.
  • Information
  • N18p73pwn3rN18p73pwn3r1,825,546
    Posted on 22 May 12 at 12:44
    lol, well, it WAS a pain in the ass, but nonetheless i did a decent walkthrough and helped maybe cuting down the time others will need for it :)
    fear my moobie wrath! its nipplepwner for a reason!!
  • xinixbxinixb416,146
    Posted on 04 June 12 at 10:42
    I don't think you can get the demolition expert in chapter 2. The game didn't let me continue in chapter 1 unless I used the first aid spray
  • N18p73pwn3rN18p73pwn3r1,825,546
    Posted on 14 June 12 at 12:04
    i got it in chapter 2, i simply didnt use the spray to 100% up ^^
    fear my moobie wrath! its nipplepwner for a reason!!
  • plesniaczekplesniaczek510,496
    Posted on 24 June 12 at 21:25
    Regarding "Handyman Carnby". I did all the combinations from the list but it didn't give me an achievement. After reading some comments I also manually reloaded a flash light and a gun from inventory. After that I get my achievement. I think it would be good to add this to the walkthrough.
  • ZombifiedZombified1,375,732
    Posted on 26 March 14 at 05:39
    Playing through the Japanese version. This isn't much of a 'Walkthrough' as an achievement guide. Game is easy enough but this won't help you much. For example: "set her on fire somehow", "At any cost, KEEP the spray can with the pesticides!" With zero input as where to obtain said spray can. Actually as a walk through goes this sucks. It's an alright achievement guide though.
    Zombies? Or The Living Challenged?
  • Posted on 15 May 14 at 18:39
    This guide helped me a lot but like Zombified said, it could definitely be a bit more detailed in parts. In some areas in the game, I got completely lost and couldn't figure out what to do from this and ended up having to look up another walkthrough online. I've played the game through before but couldn't remember much, like in Chapter 5, this guide explains how to proceed by throwing a molotov cocktail over the wall but straight after that is another closed door which isn't mentioned at all in the guide. I spent a few minutes trying to work out how to get it open and then I checked another guide and it seems you have to tape a molotov cocktail and throw it on the Ratz so it runs back to the nest with it and it blows up. This has to be timed perfectly as well, not sure why this part wasn't brought up?

Another later part in one of the last puzzle rooms in Chapter 8, the guide explains to 'pick up the stand and drop it immediately' after entering and then work your way through the dark room following the layout on the ceiling but... how's this possible without the stand? I tried it a few times this way and kept running out of time or falling over the edge. So then I put the stand on fire and walked through with that so I could now see where the edges were. Still couldn't make it as I kept running out of time and getting squashed near the end so I checked another guide again and it turns out, you have to use the stand as you're walking to block the white beam lights (doing this stops the ceiling from moving) so you have more time. Before finding this out, I must have been squashed like 20 times trying it using this guide and with just the stand too, you absolutely have to block off the white beams while walking. Also, once I had made it doing this, my game froze and my last save was at the end of the previous chapter -_- Damn save system.

Ah well, thanks for the hard work anyway N18p73pwn3r toast
  • King GBFKing GBF979,975
    Posted on 04 September 19 at 23:30, Edited on 04 September 19 at 23:31 by King GBF
    “Set it to the lowest difficulty since there are no achievements for the difficulty.”

There is no option to change the difficulty, never was.
  • FalensaranoFalensarano1,034,843
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 16:01
    Hey all, I’ve read through the feedback and have made some changes. - namely the door bit in Chapter 5, the locations of the symbols at the church in chapter 7, and i will make the amendments to chapter 8 once I’ve finished the game.

I also added a note to the roots section because one of the roots in the bottom left hand corner, I couldn’t get and also added a note to ‘cheat’ the system with the roots. The game auto saves after a root destruction but reloads you at the previous checkpoint so you can get those harder ones and not really worry too much about a hit and run tactic. In fact it’s probably better just to let yourself die.

I’ll push the updates to live by the end of the weekend -pending review.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.