Industry News

News about the Industry itself, as opposed to a specific game. Only TA Newshounds can start threads here.

Results Of The Second THQ Auction Are In

• Posted on 23 April 13 at 22:25
    Gearbox now owns Homeworld?!?!

My next-gen hopes'n'dreams just ratcheted up a few notches.
  • FOKENWOLFENFOKENWOLFEN398,661
    Posted on 23 April 13 at 23:03
    Well... get ready for some new delistings
  • Hillenmeyer1Hillenmeyer1256,811
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 00:02
    I was wondering if the newshounds would by any chance have a connection to see if the homefront servers are ever coming back. One day, without any warning, they went offline. Usually games at least give a warning before they are shutdown.

It would be a huge help to lots of TA members who are still waiting and hoping for news!!!
  • Omniscient AlOmniscient Al1,441,734
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 00:59
    Any chance they will put the ranked matches back up on the server?
  • CONR0YCONR0Y143,714
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 01:29
    Sounds like a sweet deal.

I'd like to see something done with a new Full Spectrum Warrior, I liked those games.
  • Fatality Sh4rkFatality Sh4rk1,171,623
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 01:39
    I was hoping to see a better company bought homefront since crytek can't seem to find the server on switch n they ignore everyone's questions on it. Typical
  • PostmortimusPostmortimus377,085
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 02:49
    My hopes for an Aidyn Chronicles sequel is quickly about to die.
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 03:24
    Hillenmeyer1 said:
    I was wondering if the newshounds would by any chance have a connection to see if the homefront servers are ever coming back. One day, without any warning, they went offline. Usually games at least give a warning before they are shutdown.

It would be a huge help to lots of TA members who are still waiting and hoping for news!!!

We don't have any industry sources or connections that would be able to answer that question. Your best bet is to go to the official forums and ask the question, or send emails to whatever official support address you can find for Crytek.
    Twitter: @DogOfThunder360
  • BetrugerBetruger218,018
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 03:49
    wow both Darksiders and red faction for $4.9 million i would have thought them to be worth more.
  • matdanmatdan810,189
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 06:07
    CONR0Y said:
    Sounds like a sweet deal.

I'd like to see something done with a new Full Spectrum Warrior, I liked those games.
    Yes this! I really missed those games I believe that was the tactical FPS that was on PS2 was pretty awesome.

I am not holding out but maybe we see Frontlines FoW and Nexuiz servers again never got to try them out online.

Awesome to see Home World will get re-released all PC fans should know about this strategy game.

Glad that Red Faction and Darksiders found a home I am just a little concerned that a lot of these IP are just names with no foreseeable future in them. I hope I am wrong because there are a few awesome IPs gained by Nordic, only can hope they do the right thing.
  • FinderKeeperFinderKeeper128,162
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 08:09, Edited on 24 April 13 at 08:09 by FinderKeeper
    S k y C h a t said:
    Red Faction survives!... on PC..
    Better than nothing! And you never know, they might be bringing it back to consoles at some point--hopefully with GeoMod, but not sure if that went with the Red Faction IP or with the developer (Volition, which I think is with Koch Media because of Saints Row, but not completely sure).
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 13 at 09:24
    Like to see the next Red Faction more like Guerilla than Armageddon and Darksiders 3 more than 1 than 2.

Never heard of Nordic but judging by what they make and the other titles they've picked up it looks like Red Faction and Darksiders should be their main concern now.
    Let me find peace in my own heart and save me from my enemies.
  • matdanmatdan810,189
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 09:44
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    Like to see the next Red Faction more like Guerilla than Armageddon and Darksiders 3 more than 1 than 2.

Never heard of Nordic but judging by what they make and the other titles they've picked up it looks like Red Faction and Darksiders should be their main concern now.
    Prefer something closer to the first two where I could dig holes in the earth. Although it seems odd that one person has geomod and the other has the IP. Perhaps this is a joint project TBA??
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 10:51
    Let`s keep following this history !
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 13 at 15:01
    just glad to see Darksiders will continue =]
    Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. Martin L
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 13 at 15:35
    I really want more from Red Faction; I have soo many fond memories of the first, not so many from the third, less from the second and I was kind of disenchanted by the fourth and never bought it. God speed Nordic Games!
    'I've had enough AKs fired at me in my time to know that wasn't one.'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 13 at 15:37
    TOTHEXXXTREME said:
    Gearbox now owns Homeworld?!?!

My next-gen hopes'n'dreams just ratcheted up a few notches.
    Not a Homeworld fan but I figured your hopes, like most peoples, would have plummeted.

This is GEARBOX we're talking about. The "we killed Aliens, Duke Nukem, and loaded Borderlands 2 with those MEMES YOU LOVE SO MUCH. You kids all love the 9gag" Gearbox.

Gearbox is one of the worst developers this generation, easily.

Also, Nordic? I've only heard of them for the Painkiller games. And not the good ones; all the garbage like Resurrection, Redemption, and Recurring Evil.

Oh well.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/PMMX360/petition.html SIGN IT NOW
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty803,260
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 16:35
    osubluejacket said:
    finallife6 said:
    Wow Nordic Games sure got alot of crap then good stuff.
    Do not disparage the majesty of Screwjumper on these forums!!!
    Or Baja: Edge of Control!!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 13 at 17:28
    Alcapwn6969 said:
    Nordic bought uDraw. Someone start digging a corporate grave...
    just because they bought it doesn't mean they will do anything with it, how many companies has microsoft bought just to close them out and eliminate competition?
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • VanekVanek568,782
    Posted on 25 April 13 at 03:41
    Who got Homefront?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.