Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: April 23rd, 2013

• Phoenix C64Phoenix C64317,627
    Posted on 23 April 13 at 23:49
    have heard only good things about Quantum Conundrum but i suck so much at puzzles :(
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • I Argonaut II Argonaut I577,290
    Posted on 23 April 13 at 23:55
    Rock of Ages was fun and different.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo298,996
    Posted on 23 April 13 at 23:59
    BigLer said:
    Quantum Conundrum here I come!
    Very challenging to 100% but an amazing game with a cheap price tag. Hopefully many people start it but give up, making my ratios that much sweeter! wink
    'We all make choices, but in the end those choices make us'
  • TombOfAnubisTombOfAnubis1,106,476
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 00:19
    dunno if anybody else has pointed this out yet, but for the punch card Rewards promotion, you don't actually need to SPEND 800pts per game that you purchase. As long as the games you buy are regularly LISTED at 800pts or more, you get a punch. I've filled every punch on the cards, and the "buy four 800pt Arcade games" filled out after 3 of my purchases were for 800 and 1200 games that were on sale for WAY less.
  • smakzillaasmakzillaa933,102
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 00:24
    Will say the uneven prices are the only thing stopping me from getting some of these really. Though the only thing I really want is the Quantum Conundrum game. Oh well, I'll wait till next week for Scott Pilgrim then possibly save the 400 remaining for something else.

Would Definitely recommend From Dust.
  • shelbygt5252shelbygt5252894,385
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 00:24
    TheNus said:
    Is rock of ages worth the points?
    Yes
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,406,762
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 00:34
    TombOfAnubis said:
    dunno if anybody else has pointed this out yet, but for the punch card Rewards promotion, you don't actually need to SPEND 800pts per game that you purchase. As long as the games you buy are regularly LISTED at 800pts or more, you get a punch. I've filled every punch on the cards, and the "buy four 800pt Arcade games" filled out after 3 of my purchases were for 800 and 1200 games that were on sale for WAY less.
    Can anyone else confirm this? First I'm hearing about it, and might change a purchase if true.
    Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 00:43, Edited on 24 April 13 at 00:44 by SomeDudeWABeard
    Can anyone boast for "From Dust" and "Catan"?

TombOfAnubis said:
    Is there anyone else that can confirm this? Preferably 2-3 more gamers.
    Lord Namlig
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 00:51
    I was planning on spending 3200MSP on xbla games this month for the reward, but I already own every single game they're putting on sale...
  • zxgreyzxgrey319,796
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 00:57
    im not buying it where's the 3rd deathspank come on bring that on deal of week or something bring games that worth on playing come on Microsoft
  • Lobo SamhainLobo Samhain593,378
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 01:01, Edited on 24 April 13 at 01:04 by Lobo Samhain
    xPut Name Herex said:
    TombOfAnubis said:
    Can anyone else confirm this? First I'm hearing about it, and might change a purchase if true.
    Well I bought Realms of Ancient War and Prince of Persia at the beginning of the month (they were both on sale but are regularly priced at 1200 and 800 points respectively) and I only have 2 punches on the earn a month of gold card and only 1 punch for the spend 800 points.
    So, it seems that the info about the retail pricing being counted is incorrect but it does seem like they stack points for games under 800 points, however, I need to get that speculation confirmed.

I did buy BC:Rearmed 2 yesterday but it hasn't updated on my punchcards yet but as soon as it does I'll let you guys know if another 800 punch gets added
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 01:09
    I think people are confusing two different cards.

The "buy 4 games" card requires each game purchase to be over 400 MSP. Game costs over 400 MSP == punch. Game costs under 400 MSP == no punch.

The other card is for cumulative spending. For each 800 MSP you spend, you get a punch. It doesn't matter if you buy one 800 MSP game or four 200 MSP games. For example, I have three punches on the 800 MSP card right now and only bought one game worth more than 800 MSP; the others were from DLC purchases, cheap games, etc. (I'm not 100% sure that DLC counts -- the description on the Xbox Rewards site says "on games," so I assume avatar items do not count and I'm not sure about DLC.)
  • Zipper BluesZipper Blues361,453
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 01:13
    I've been waiting for quantam condundrum to go on sale, good timing, great price.
  • EvL TrtLEvL TrtL104,774
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 01:37
    I love Catan but boosting the one achievement was such a pain. I wish they would have released expansions for the other extensions to the game(Cities & Knights and Seafarers)
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 01:52
    EvL TrtL said:
    I love Catan but boosting the one achievement was such a pain. I wish they would have released expansions for the other extensions to the game(Cities & Knights and Seafarers)
    Yeah, same here. The other expansions would have been a lot of fun (particularly Seafarers!), and Catan remains a great multiplayer game. But the achievement code is just staggeringly buggy, and the ranked multiplayer achievements are far, far too grindy to be fun. Even if you exploit the buggy achievement code, they're still mind-numbing.
  • Galarzaa90Galarzaa90104,990
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 01:52
    Like 3 or 4 deal of the weeks ago, I bought GTAIV TLAD and TBGT, now I'm hoping I get lucky and they put Red Dead Redemption DLC
  • HemogoblinSSHemogoblinSS878,818
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 02:24
    xPut Name Herex said:
    TombOfAnubis said:
    Personally, I'd chalk that up to the Punchcards having horrible tracking. It said I had only played 5 hours and then three days later showed all 20 hours when I put in no arcade time in between. It also showed I had completed all 3 punchcards yesterday but today says I'm missing an arcade purchase. I've purchased 6 XBLA games over 400 points this month. VERY buggy!
    Where there's a Will; there's a way.
  • XonatronXonatron199,742
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 02:37
    You forgot Carcassonne.
    Matthew Doucette, Xona Games
  • DMK222DMK222126,519
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 07:19
    i got most of these free on ps+
    [url=http://moh.statsverse.com/stats/360/DMK222/][img]http://moh.statsverse.com/sig/detail2/360/DMK2
  • Vr EnglishVr English796,808
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 07:34
    Esposito RN said:
    Any of them actually worth the deal?
    P v Z is fantastic, so is Peggle and its expansion.

If you care about achievements you can 100% P v Z too.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.