Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Deal of the Week: April 23rd, 2013

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 13 at 13:03
    Danhufc said:
    Next week:
    Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD - 600 MSP (50% off)
    NBA JAM: On Fire Edition - 600 MSP (50% off)
    Dungeons & Dragons Daggerdale - 320 MSP (60% off)
    Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game - 320 MSP (60% off)
    Scott Pilgrim Knives Chau Add-On Pack - 80 MSP (50% off)
    The Simpsons Arcade Game - 400 MSP (50% off)
    NFL Blitz - 600 MSP (50% off)
    Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - 320 MSP (60% off)
    Pac-Man CE DX - 400 MSP (50% off)
    Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 800 MSP (33% off)
    Zombie Driver - 400 MSP (50% off)
    X-Men - 400 MSP (50% off)
    been holding out for scott pilgrim and pacman ce dx
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • I darklost II darklost I112,441
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 13:06
    • Catan - 800 MSP 320 MSP
    • Quantum Conundrum - 1200 MSP 480 MSP
    Purchased smile
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 14:03, Edited on 24 April 13 at 14:05 by Big MeatyBigBig
    XBLA
    • Peggle - 800 MSP 320 MSP - Not interested
    • Plants vs. Zombies - 1200 MSP 600 MSP - Free with PS+
    • From Dust - 1200 MSP 480 MSP - Free with PS+
    • Catan - 800 MSP 320 MSP - Free with PS+
    • Quantum Conundrum - 1200 MSP 480 MSP - Free with PS+
    • Rock of Ages - 800 MSP 320 MSP - Free with PS+
    • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 800 MSP 320 MSP - Free with PS+

DLC
    • Peggle Nights in Peggle - 400 MSP 160 MSP - Not Interested

Kinect Central
    • Kinect Party - 800 MSP 320 MSP - Free with Xbox Gold
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I see a theme forming here!

C'mon microsoft get your PR team together and get some decent discounts on the go.... Mass Effect 3 will do me nicely :)
    Damn! Never thought of that!!!!!!
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 14:22
    How does Quantum Conundrum stack up against Portal from the Orange Box, difficulty wise?
    Specifically the complete under X time and use only X amount of shifts.

I know there are videos but that guy looks really good at the game.
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 14:50
    As usual, a whole heap of moaning...

These are ALL good-or-great games, at significant discounts... I have all but 'From Dust', 'Catan, and 'Quantum Conundrum' already; and have had to delete yet more from my hard drive to make room :/

So many games, so little time...
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 14:55
    Big MeatyBigBig said:
    XBLA
    • Peggle - 800 MSP 320 MSP - Not interested
    • Plants vs. Zombies - 1200 MSP 600 MSP - Free with PS+
    • From Dust - 1200 MSP 480 MSP - Free with PS+
    • Catan - 800 MSP 320 MSP - Free with PS+
    • Quantum Conundrum - 1200 MSP 480 MSP - Free with PS+
    • Rock of Ages - 800 MSP 320 MSP - Free with PS+
    • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 800 MSP 320 MSP - Free with PS+

DLC
    • Peggle Nights in Peggle - 400 MSP 160 MSP - Not Interested

Kinect Central
    • Kinect Party - 800 MSP 320 MSP - Free with Xbox Gold
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I see a theme forming here!

C'mon microsoft get your PR team together and get some decent discounts on the go.... Mass Effect 3 will do me nicely :)
    thats like saying, Getting to work FREE--with purchase of a car.
    you still have to pay for PS+
    Native Pride
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 15:28
    thevenom66 said:
    Still have to pay for petrol and road tax for said car in order to get to work for FREE.

Xbox GOLD still gets paid just like PS+ gets paid, yet one gives you these games for free while the other gives you a discount.

Anyway Mass Effect 3 DLC please :)
    Damn! Never thought of that!!!!!!
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 15:57
    Looks like MS doing as much as it can to get people to fill out their punch cards this month. TONS of discounts on popular titles that I could see many having been on the fence about.
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 15:58
    Big MeatyBigBig said:
    Xbox GOLD still gets paid just like PS+ gets paid, yet one gives you these games for free while the other gives you a discount.
    One also let's you keep your games even after it expires, while the other doesn't.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 13 at 16:05, Edited on 24 April 13 at 16:06 by
    Big MeatyBigBig said:
    thevenom66 said:
    Still have to pay for petrol and road tax for said car in order to get to work for FREE.

One also lets you play games online while the other one lets you do that for free (without the subscription). All those free games you get on PS+ expire when you don't resubscribe too, so if say you were interested in signing up to that service for those games, you'll only get a month to keep them if you don't opt to get the 12 month service.

It is a good service, but you just have to keep resubscribing in order to keep the stuff you get free. And I think you can only have something like up to 14 free games at a time on your console?

Also, getting to work FREE--with purchase of a car.. doesn't make sense, you still have to pay for fuel and insurance when you have a car, so you aren't technically getting there for free.
  • Seven ClipSeven Clip375,583
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 16:06
    From Dust looks great for that price.
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 16:17
    TakahashiDemon said:
    Big MeatyBigBig said:
    thevenom66 said:

One also lets you play games online while the other one lets you do that for free (without the subscription). All those free games you get on PS+ expire when you don't resubscribe too, so if say you were interested in signing up to that service for those games, you'll only get a month to keep them if you don't opt to get the 12 month service.

It is a good service, but you just have to keep resubscribing in order to keep the stuff you get free. And I think you can only have something like up to 14 free games at a time on your console?

Also, getting to work FREE--with purchase of a car.. doesn't make sense, you still have to pay for fuel and insurance when you have a car, so you aren't technically getting there for free.
    I'm glad someone pointed out that PS+ titles are not exactly free. If you don't resubscribe to a service that basically sells itself on the promise of free games, you lose said free games. PS+ is NOT the fantastic, amazing, Xbox LIVE beater that everybody assumes it is.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 13 at 16:21
    Catan is a dope board game. It just presents so many wonderful ways to be an asshole to the other players.

The XBLA game? Ehhhhhh....
    http://www.petitiononline.com/PMMX360/petition.html SIGN IT NOW
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 April 13 at 17:41
    From Dust is a wonderful game, and a steal for 480 points. And if everybody gets it, we can go and make this forum insane...
    "Booyah" - Jeff Winger
  • AvianetteAvianette805,494
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 17:53
    Been contemplating From Dust ever since it was first released and this sale just sealed the deal. Quantum Conundrum, too.
  • FiDRoCFiDRoC163,808
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 18:08
    Callum x360a said:
    TakahashiDemon said:
    Big MeatyBigBig said:
    thevenom66 said:

I'm glad someone pointed out that PS+ titles are not exactly free. If you don't resubscribe to a service that basically sells itself on the promise of free games, you lose said free games. PS+ is NOT the fantastic, amazing, Xbox LIVE beater that everybody assumes it is.
    Yeah but if you were getting a constant stream of free games every month why on earth would you stop paying the subs?? On top of that once I've played a game I get shut of it .... no point virtually hoarding something that I'll never play again, physical copy or not

You can call it a rental service if you like but considering loads of Xbox gamers rent a lot of what they play anyway then what's the difference? Do you get that emotional about not being able to play a game any more once you've returned the game back to Blockbusters / Gamefly / Lovefilm / wherever?

I don't own a PS3 but even I can see that it's FAR better value for money than XBL
  • HarbringernightHarbringernight1,175,637
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 18:39
    was just about to buy rock of ages and from dust so this is awesome for me.
    BY FYRE BE PURGE
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 19:11
    Anybody?

How does Quantum Conundrum stack up against Portal from the Orange Box, difficulty wise?

• Posted on 24 April 13 at 20:01
    Sebacean Hybrid said:
    Anybody?

The regular game is not hard. The Challenges are pretty tough. There's way more mechanics than just shooting blue and orange portals.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude769,378
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 20:18
    I might bite at Catan.. I would go for Kinect Party, but that 6 player achievement sounds annoying.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.