Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Review: Poker Night 2

• mancidemancide314,621
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 17:01
    Why would I want to be all-in a jackass?

Please click here to read the story: Poker Night 2 Review
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 17:04
    I really want this game, I might get it! :D
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin562,478
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 17:19
    Still kinda peeved that it's 800MSP and it's $5 on PC
    I'm Awkward With Potential: Boss Major
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 17:20
    eh id rather get the team fortress 2 item instead of avatar awards+ its cheaper on steam
    | (• - •)| ADVENTURE TIME FOR EVERYONE
  • Aaronius RexAaronius Rex207,697
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 17:28
    I am excited by the game due to the characters but over-all it's still just poker and I will probably wait for the price drop.
  • xDnl94xDnl94310,510
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 17:39
    Already preordered on Steam, but it's going to release in 2 days (why Valve? why?).

I might get this if I need another game for punchcards, I loved the first one. And I don't play TF2 on PC so I don't need those items.
  • WackyboxerWackyboxer618,254
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 18:06
    Definently getting this one at some point. Maybe I'll finally be able to grab that brass ring called a royal flush. Been playing poker for over 30 years and I've never gotten a "legitimate" (no wild cards) royal flush.
  • PhilmnatorPhilmnator289,782
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 18:22
    I didn't know this game was coming out lol but this looks really good
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 18:33
    I wish there was multiplayer. Nonetheless, this game will be fun and enjoyable. I can't wait to hear the chatter and banter. Tonight I dine in The Inventory!!
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." I TA Newshound I @SgtDigglesworth I
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 18:34
    its a very slow paced poker game with no online. how can you possibly give it 4 and a half stars.
  • AvianetteAvianette832,932
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 18:40
    Hairy Cabbage said:
    its a very slow paced poker game with no online. how can you possibly give it 4 and a half stars.
    No online?? I was excited to buy this game until I heard that. What a disappointment.
  • AmymazyAmymazy792,308
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 18:54
    Wait, no online? Well that's a dealbreaker. :(
  • EMFULZEMFULZ205,140 205,140 GamerScore
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 19:29
    HUstlinonradio said:
    Still kinda peeved that it's 800MSP and it's $5 on PC
    Welcome to the Xbox.
    Remember Yesterday and think about tomorrow but you have to live today. Oh, lonely yesterday.
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 19:37
    Being a poker game you forgot to state that there is no online mode?! A poker game with no online wtf?! IMO That`s strange, very very strange shock

Also no Guybrush Threepwood either! He would have been perfect for this game!
    Are we born not knowing or are we born knowing all,are we growing wiser or are we just growing tall.
  • Harvy75Harvy75118,503
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 19:37
    Hairy Cabbage said:
    I would give it 2.5 stars ... ...
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 19:42
    Hairy Cabbage said:
    Always keep in mind that this is just one person's opinion on behalf of the site. mancide's review was specifically focused on the experience of playing with the featured characters. While the lack of online may be a deal-breaker for some, it was clearly not the focus of the game or the review.
    TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
  • LonesquiffLonesquiff599,616
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 21:27
    Looks like a lot of fun and a lot of laughs. I don't understand why people are whining about an online mode. It's a single player game with you interacting with the 4 other players and listening to their banter. An online mode would defeat the purpose of the game.

As the reviewer stated:
    "This game should be viewed more as a social simulation rather than a poker simulation."
    That says it all.
  • Paul Wesley 91Paul Wesley 911,053,057
    Posted on 24 April 13 at 22:16
    I was going to get this, until they decided to double the price for xbox.
    PWH ~ Hail Purdue!
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 23:04
    Paul Wesley 91 said:
    I was going to get this, until they decided to double the price for xbox.
    800MSP is 12 bucks for me, compared to 5 on steam... sheesh, I'll just wait for a steam sale and get it for $2.50
  • Posted on 24 April 13 at 23:44
    Nice review guys !!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads