Game Discussion: Doritos Crash Course 2 Forum

TA Gamers who downloaded CC2 after article of Oct 15th achievements being closed

AuthorMessage
Madcat NL
Madcat NL
Posted on 17 October 14 at 22:05
It's still alive indeed, just completed it lol. It's weird they say the servers close, but then nothing happens. If you're still to complete it I wouldn't wait around, you never know.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 17 October 14 at 22:08
depending on the server load and space, MS might close it down entirely. They just see a spark of useage now that people are trying to complete it, which explains the two day-addon.

maybe in a week or two when only a few people are playing it.
Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
mcnichoj
mcnichoj
Posted on 21 October 14 at 14:44
Twinkling82 said:depending on the server load and space, MS might close it down entirely. They just see a spark of useage now that people are trying to complete it, which explains the two day-addon.

maybe in a week or two when only a few people are playing it.
But why? It's a free game that can't be downloaded anymore and the M-Ts were shutdown. They gain nothing by leaving them up.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 21 October 14 at 15:55
Exactly, but as I said, they monitor the useage. At SOME point people will be finished playing this, and then they can close the virtual server to make space for something else. I hardly believe they have one big expensive server around for one game only. They might not gain anything, speaking money, but threads like this where people tell each other is still up, might gain MS some trust which they seriously need after the X1 reveal show. Right now, they're doing everything right.
KitShicker43
KitShicker43
Posted on 22 October 14 at 00:43
Agreed - just resumed playing it only today after reading about the supposed shut down on the 15th. Even downloaded the last title update to play online - and got the one "competitive" achievement for playing a multiplayer race. Question - will this game be completely unplayable after the servers are gone for good, anyone know? Or since it's on my HDD already, would it continue to be playable on local only? Still trying to Transcend in Hand of Kul before that goes away next month, and it's a grind as well. Damn free-to-plays that disappear after a year or so...
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 22 October 14 at 07:57
I think it goes unplayable as I've heard this is one of those games who needs server connection to run. It only takes a day or three if you use good couple hours each day to play it. I don't know why it is still playable, but I guess MS are postponing the closure until almost no one is playing it anymore.
Malicious Fury
Posted on 24 October 14 at 18:59
Can't connect to the server. Is it safe to say it's officially down now?
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 24 October 14 at 19:43
Yeah if people can't connect for the next period of time (a couple days I guess) it's safe to conclude that you cannot earn achievements from this anymore (it was something about CC2 requiring server connection, right?)
NitrousSpeed
NitrousSpeed
Posted on 26 October 14 at 03:50, Edited on 26 October 14 at 03:50 by NitrousSpeed
An error occurred while connecting to the Doritos Crash Course 2 service. Press A to try again.

The server is unable to reach your console.

That's what im getting on screen. So afraid to say this game is now closed and all achievements are unobtainable now. I wish they would of kept it online till the 360 service shut down. I maxed the game last year but just was trying to see it would allow me to play it locally but it doesn't.
Twinkling82
Twinkling82
Posted on 26 October 14 at 09:24
Yeah, CC2 require connection to the servers (beats me why, but something with leaderbords). Thanks for letting us know.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.