Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

King of Fighters XIII Coming To North America

• Mr TeallMr Teall362,759
    Posted on 09 June 11 at 14:23
    =3
  • ShinSolidusShinSolidus203,232
    Posted on 09 June 11 at 14:29
    Good. I hated the last one, and had hoped it would be nothing like it. I won't run out and buy it like I did the last one though. Will grab it through GameFly first.
  • HeyMrBassmanHeyMrBassman416,676
    Posted on 09 June 11 at 14:32
    Shame it's difficult to get hold of this in Europe, I'm a big KOF fan from way back but I've haven't played any of the new ones.
    "At least I’ve learnt something from all of this. Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."
  • JoshnormJoshnorm423,458
    Posted on 09 June 11 at 14:39
    HeyMrBassman said:
    Shame it's difficult to get hold of this in Europe, I'm a big KOF fan from way back but I've haven't played any of the new ones.
    You didn't miss anything but a poor experience with XII

Also glad that Atlus is pushing this out to the US
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 June 11 at 14:41
    ROCK YOU!!!!!!!!
  • SanadaSanada675,310
    Posted on 09 June 11 at 15:13
    I just realized how many of these games there were! laugh It's almost crazy. Still, I played a little bit of XII and wasn't a fan of it, despite liking the older games. Guess we have to wait and see how it turns out.
    You seem a little furious...
  • Posted on 09 June 11 at 16:19
    XII wasn't that bad, just very different from all previous KOFs. And obviously very unfinished. XIII looks fantastic, hopefully the netcode isn't awful like all previous SNK games.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 09 June 11 at 16:23
    :O
  • Xiao1inSty1eXiao1inSty1e120,331
    Posted on 09 June 11 at 16:37
    Can I please get a new Maximum Impact??
  • Posted on 09 June 11 at 18:24
    Mai is back with her fans and boobs hanging out! WOOT!
  • Posted on 09 June 11 at 18:43
    haha about to say something similar ^
    Banana Big Boys
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo170,653
    Posted on 09 June 11 at 19:52
    I actually really liked the last game, but at the same time it was the definition of an unfinished work. This game has been in development for a while, and the more it gets delayed the more they show us that it'll be very much worth the wait. They've addressed all of the gaping gameplay issues of the last title, from roster size to pacing and execution of moves. That part is for sure. So playing this at home will be great, regardless, if for nothing more than to practice.

All that remains to be seen, now, is whether the online lobbies and netcode will be good. If so, then this will be one of the best things to happen in the life of a fighting game fan. When those things are done right, like in the case of SSFIV, the online experience is blissful (and the community endures.) That's the make-or-break in terms of long-term replay value. I'm dying in anticipation, regardless, and this is a day-one buy.
  • Posted on 09 June 11 at 19:55
    Thank god it's not coming to the UK
  • Posted on 09 June 11 at 20:18
    Alright, finally get to be DAN again.
    And Yuri, and make odd voices as if she was the guy from Command & Conquer.

Good times had in the arcade when i did that. :3
  • HuGh1212HuGh121233,771
    Posted on 09 June 11 at 21:28
    Xiao1inSty1e said:
    Can I please get a new Maximum Impact??
    Can I get an amen?
    Hughby-Dooby-Doo
  • crooked444crooked444670,746
    Posted on 10 June 11 at 01:34
    While I like the addition of more characters, there could always be more added (hint hint). And amen to the Maximum Impact
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM88,320
    Posted on 15 June 11 at 18:31, Edited on 15 June 11 at 18:31 by ERIKDOTCOM
    iHeartSlampigs said:
    I just realized how many of these games there were! laugh It's almost crazy.
    Me too. This is going to be game number thirteen, while Street Fighter is only on four! (Technically there's more Street Fighters than that, but they're officially on number four).
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.