Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Happy Wars Title Update 5

AuthorMessage
mancide
mancide
Posted on 25 April 13 at 14:30
Dress your character with gear from the Blue Knight and Barbarian

Please click here to read the story: Happy Wars Title Update 5
Anabolic Locust
Posted on 25 April 13 at 14:48
Since I've got 100% on this game, there's no point in playing it for me. It was fun at first but then it just got boring
T0X1C Z0MB1E TZ
Posted on 25 April 13 at 14:58
The amount of free content & updates for this is amazing! Increasing a Level Cap for FREE! Take notice, Gearbox...
KnucklesNorwood
Posted on 25 April 13 at 15:05
Great job ToyLogic !!

Even though I do not own Castle Crashers this new gear is most welcome in my books. Hard to believe that Happy Wars is still a "free-to-play" title with all these new goodies and yet no microtransactions to own them.

This Extreme Style matchplay sounds very interesting indeed. Just wondering if you get any extra XP playing this mode compared to quick match and/or co-op modes.
www.numbthumbs.ca
PrinceRules64
Posted on 25 April 13 at 15:07
Article said:
Devs said:
... one of the most popular Xbox LIVER Arcade titles.
[sic] ? don't think so xD
I'm curious how many pieces of gear there are, and so how much will have to be played before the time limit runs out. I've not really played this game, only started it, but I'd quite like to get these cool outfits for when I do.
=Semper Fi=
Mike United 007
Posted on 25 April 13 at 15:12
i need to get the remaining achievements
GT: Mike United 007
Darklights
Darklights
Posted on 25 April 13 at 15:23
One more achievement to go!
You Can Be Me When I'm Gone
Senior Chupon
Senior Chupon
Posted on 25 April 13 at 15:36
PrinceRules64 said:
Article said:
Devs said:
... one of the most popular Xbox LIVER Arcade titles.
[sic] ? don't think so xD
I'm curious how many pieces of gear there are, and so how much will have to be played before the time limit runs out. I've not really played this game, only started it, but I'd quite like to get these cool outfits for when I do.
I played two matches this morning. Based on the in game progress meter I need on more match to unlock the first treasure chest. There are 4 treasure chests to unlock with the final being gold. Not sure what I get in each one.
BerserkDingo
BerserkDingo
Posted on 25 April 13 at 15:54
One more reason to play it again...also, I still need 2 more cheevos.

Let's hope the items don't need too much farming :P
[Insert funny signature here]
gameaddict25
gameaddict25
Posted on 25 April 13 at 16:13
''The "Extreme Style Match" changes just one element of the gameplay, the game balance.''

Hahaha, what game balance!? Though it's free, Happy Wars is one of the most obvious Pay-to-Win games i've ever seen.
Stephan1237
Posted on 25 April 13 at 17:02
It isn't gameaddict25 , the things you can buy it outfit and with the happy tickets you can upgrade your gear faster but you can also play games to upgrade your gear :)
This website rocks .
Skanker irl
Skanker irl
Posted on 25 April 13 at 17:51
Great game.
No Mercy.
paddycfc22
paddycfc22
Posted on 25 April 13 at 18:03
The 40 quest achieve took me aaaaaaaaaaaages.
Poon

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 25 April 13 at 18:14
gameaddict25 said:
''The "Extreme Style Match" changes just one element of the gameplay, the game balance.''

Hahaha, what game balance!? Though it's free, Happy Wars is one of the most obvious Pay-to-Win games i've ever seen.
Not true at all.
Daeryoon
Daeryoon
Posted on 25 April 13 at 18:32
Still need to start this. Good incentive added if I can get gear from Castle Crashers, especially since I maxed my Blue Knight in that game.
I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
poochz0rz
poochz0rz
Posted on 25 April 13 at 19:27, Edited on 25 April 13 at 19:27 by poochz0rz
Anabolic Locust said:
Since I've got 100% on this game, there's no point in playing it for me. It was fun at first but then it just got boring
Same here. I had an absolute blast completing this game, but I just can't bring myself to play it when there are other games to play and complete. I could definitely see myself rounding up some friends to play someday though.
Senior Chupon
Senior Chupon
Posted on 25 April 13 at 19:27
Daeryoon said:
Still need to start this. Good incentive added if I can get gear from Castle Crashers, especially since I maxed my Blue Knight in that game.
I don't think your leveled up gear from castle crashers is carrying over, they are just styled after the characters skins in Castle Crashers.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 25 April 13 at 19:53
I will say the new game mode isn't as fun as previous ones. First off, I don't think anyone's gear gives them the buff powers they're supposed to have, which I guess is part of evening things out. Also, before you would get some stars or an item after every win. Now, you have to play multiple games just to get a chest that let's you do just that. I'm not even sure the golden chest will be worth it or not, but we'll see. Of course, I might have missed something while playing too.:P
planting42
planting42
Posted on 25 April 13 at 19:59
I have to try the new game mode. Can't pass up new swag. Not sure I'll be needing the new level cap any time soon though, I'm nearly level 40.
www.GTASC.net
Martinio140
Martinio140
Posted on 25 April 13 at 21:22
One of the funnest XBLA games i've ever played, getting the Castle Crashers armour is a must!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into http://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.