Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Ridge Racer Unbounded City Create Trailer

• litepinklitepink299,393
    Posted on 12 August 11 at 05:16
    Create cities then share and race in them online

Namco's Ridge Racer Unbounded looks to take track creation to another level for the series, by adding the ability to create custom cities in City Creator. While not many details were revealed on how the interface will work, Namco is touting an unlimited amount of tracks to upload, share, and race online. This trailer gives you an idea of their vision:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmBqtoiXRE0

Look for Ridge Racer Unbounded in 2012.
  • Posted on 12 August 11 at 05:18
    I gotta admit -- that actually makes it seem rather badass.
    It's unfortunate for me, however, that I'm extremely bad at the RR games when compared to other racers. xD
  • FreezeDownFreezeDown215,634
    Posted on 12 August 11 at 05:21
    Hopefully theres a demo, every racer plays different. Should be a demo for all racers lol.
    I meant the demo.....
  • BeachemBeachem497,970
    Posted on 12 August 11 at 05:43
    My face lit up when I saw this! I used to play Ridge Racer on the N64 a lot back in the day. Still have my copy. May have to check the new gen installment out!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 August 11 at 06:21
    i remember this series back in the day on Nintendo and it was awesome cant wait to try the demo when its released
    Nightmare is Coming
  • Posted on 12 August 11 at 06:23
    Damn. O_O
    A whole city creator.

I've seen track creators.
    But rarely cane you make whole cities in racing games.

I'm officially excited now! =D
  • Posted on 12 August 11 at 06:37
    lol looks like this trailer succeeded, i'm pre-ordering now >_<
  • Posted on 12 August 11 at 07:42
    they say its suppose to be like burnout 3 i might get it but i always hated those racing games where u start in last but everybody is already going and u gotta fight ur way to first i want a starting line at least
  • ConverseConverse7,745
    Posted on 12 August 11 at 08:01
    Defiantly getting this.
    Rep be getting really-really hype on the mic.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 August 11 at 09:04
    Looks sweet, how about the traffic signs above the road? wink

Left Lane: Short Cut
    Straight Lane: Main Route
    Game On!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 August 11 at 10:28
    This game looks beautiful smile

*pre-orders*
    grfdgfd
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 August 11 at 11:02, Edited on 12 August 11 at 11:02 by
    I like Bugbear Entertainment, Flatout 1 & 2 on the PC are my favourite racing games, and I'm looking forward to how this turns out now. Surprisingly.

I've always been shockingly bad at RR games though. redface
  • LemLem QcLemLem Qc275,262
    Posted on 12 August 11 at 11:07
    is that ridge racer? wtf???
  • Posted on 12 August 11 at 11:15
    I wonder how robust this feature really is? From the trailer I get the feeling you only get to modify the route and choose between a number of different building sets fixed to set locations, unlike, say, the Far Cry or Halo level editors.

I will wait for the reviews, but if it turns out as good as I hope it will be, this'll be in my collection for sure.
    There was nothing to fear, nothing to doubt.
  • Posted on 12 August 11 at 11:20
    Wow...
    CabbageWithPie
  • FiDRoCFiDRoC158,127
    Posted on 12 August 11 at 12:12
    If this turns out anything like Flatout: Ultimate Carnage then I'll be more than happy to pick this up despite never really being a fan of Ridger Racer at all
  • Posted on 12 August 11 at 12:26
    This is an interesting feature, I had a lot of fun creating things in Skate 3 and Halo Reach. I always loved making tracks for racing games, I did some crazy stuff in TrackMania Nations on PC. I hope they release a trailer that actually shows how this editor works.

Map editors are nice but it has to work well or else it can become a real pain to create something good. I'm looking forward to seeing more about this feature and I can't wait to give it a try.
  • Posted on 12 August 11 at 14:27
    that looks pretty awesome, it looked more like a burnout game than a ridge racer game. still i will be getting it when it comes out.
  • Posted on 12 August 11 at 16:03
    Reminds me of Burnout
    Why does force updating take so long now? Before the server crash I maybe had to wait a minute but now it seems like it takes half a day. :(
  • Posted on 12 August 11 at 20:39
    Burnout Paradise + Split Second + Midnight Club LA = $MONEY$!!!!
    The King is in the building!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.