Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Sale Roundup : January 28th, 2014 [UPDATE]

• ProIetarianProIetarian481,572
    Posted on 29 January 14 at 10:19, Edited on 29 January 14 at 10:19 by ProIetarian
    very happy with the Citadel DLC, though i wont stop moaning until they put a discount on Omega (again) aswell.
  • Posted on 29 January 14 at 10:21
    Maybe Shank 2 & Final Exam ... but I'm not sure yet.
  • Vr EnglishVr English756,713
    Posted on 29 January 14 at 10:43
    Rockox said:
    And FINALLY CITADEL.
    Aww Yiss!

Been waiting a long time for this sale!
  • Posted on 29 January 14 at 10:58
    I got Alice and Contrast, but for some reason I can't get Catherine. That's the one I really wanted!
  • Seven ClipSeven Clip364,502
    Posted on 29 January 14 at 13:08
    Nice sales here. Finally got that Mass effect dlc! I was starting to wonder if it was ever going to be on sale. Looking forward to dead space and alice also.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. - Hunter S. Thompson
  • FocalPSYCHFocalPSYCH111,760
    Posted on 29 January 14 at 13:46
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - 50% Discount
    • "The Teeth of Narros - Now - US$4.99 / £3.37 / €4.74 / AU$4.97
    • "The Legend of Dead Kel - Now - US$4.99 / £3.37 / €4.74 / AU$4.97
    Seriously...? I just bought these 2 weeks ago at full price because I figured they'd never be on sale... been waiting like what, 2 years for this sale? -.-
  • Erik SeidelErik Seidel209,228
    Posted on 29 January 14 at 14:01
    FocalPSYCH said:
    Seriously...? I just bought these 2 weeks ago at full price because I figured they'd never be on sale... been waiting like what, 2 years for this sale? -.-
    It was on sale exactly 1 year ago...

EA Publisher Sale Goes Live [UPDATE]

...and also in August 2012...

Deal of the Week: August 7th, 2012

...so, if you've really been waiting for it for 2 years, you probably missed it twice cry
  • MAH BOI 420MAH BOI 420386,517
    Posted on 29 January 14 at 14:02
    Is World War Z the Xbone's Talladega Nights?

Good lord, World War Z was average.
  • Posted on 29 January 14 at 14:36
    Bout time citadel was halved in price! Finally got all the game play content for the trilogy, this calls for another playthough clap
    Damn! Never thought of that!!!!!!
  • FocalPSYCHFocalPSYCH111,760
  • xRazorbladexxRazorbladex244,040
    Posted on 29 January 14 at 15:21
    Anyone having issues using get the Amalur DLCs with Account Credit. It is only giving me the option to purchase using Credit card even though i know i have enough on my account to cover the download.
  • Tasty PastryTasty Pastry382,435
    Posted on 29 January 14 at 15:27
    Bought the Test Drive 2 DLC and Alice: Madness Returns. Thought about getting Kingdoms of Amalur, but even though I understand it's a lot of gameplay, it's hard to justify $20 for one game with all that DLC.

Nice sale.
  • Le Gonk 80Le Gonk 80150,295
    Posted on 29 January 14 at 16:50
    CITADEL is a must (great value), I've waited for this for ages and Catherine is an outside the box kind of game (which is a good thing!) Still don't get some of weird prices between £,$ & € on some items though.
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,061,939
    Posted on 29 January 14 at 17:11
    NlGHTPAIN said:
    DrCanadianNinja said:
    Excited Milk said:
    Lol now the mass effect people can quit bitching clap
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Catherine for $10 is a steal, assuming you don't mind a game that's unlikely to be completed and delights in kicking your ass.
    I dunno, although the game was challenging at times, I didn't had much trouble completing it.
    It just took a long time since you'll have to replay the entire story a few times.

If you haven't already, and you like good puzzling games, BUY CATHERINE!
    Two well placed saves and gold medals takes care of playing through the story multiple times for the endings. But past that, the game wants you to learn the rules and will not hold hands onto the ending unless you're on easy.

Hell, I would consider myself a great Catherine player by virtue of the fact that I did complete it, yet Menhir, Obelisk and the last two stages of The Empireo on Hard still demolished me.

Just because you had no trouble doesn't mean it's an easy game. Now, learning the rules, beating the game, getting gold medals, beating all stages of Rapunzel, beating Babel, learning how to play with two controllers because it's literally impossible to beat Babel solo, then beating it on Hard with gold medals... all that is supposed to be no trouble completing it? I guess it's sitting around a 3.5 ratio because everyone just got bored with the game.
  • Posted on 29 January 14 at 18:20
    Mirrors Edge is an amazing game. Very different than anything else out there. Game has a learning curve, but if you are willing to put the time in it is really something special. *Warning-Some of the time trials are extremely hard, making this a tough completion.
    Alice Madness Returns is an average platformer with some nice visuals. The original game is free to download and includes achievements that are part of the original 1000. At the discounted price, this is a great deal.

Anyone know anything about the "Blood Knights" arcade game? Worth a purchase at 50% off?
  • Posted on 29 January 14 at 19:32
    Excited Milk said:
    Maybe if they included Omega DLC also. Till then, I'm still bitching.
  • XtowersXtowers667,449
    Posted on 29 January 14 at 20:13
    Pyro Jigamafre said:
    Excited Milk said:
    Maybe if they included Omega DLC also. Till then, I'm still bitching.
    You must've missed it. I got all the DLC on sale now. dance
  • Posted on 29 January 14 at 22:25, Edited on 29 January 14 at 22:25 by GammyGreenGiant
    Crimson dragon for me.

Also might be worth getting the German version of skate 2 if you like that series and have a PAL console. No need for gold as it's not dotw smile
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 January 14 at 23:20, Edited on 30 January 14 at 22:49 by
    FocalPSYCH said:
    Too bad you bought Dead Kel at all. I just happened to finally get to it in my back log on Sunday and ran into a nasty game breaking glitch. I am at 168 hours into the game (20 more than I spent on a much better Fallout 3), waited until the end to do this dlc and now I can't finish the game without goint 14 hours back. Sweet. 2 years later, a shut down company, and no patch in sight ever.

Edit: I figured out how to get past the glitch.. I might make a guide if there isn't one up already.
  • CASS190684CASS190684245,683
    Posted on 30 January 14 at 00:10
    Contrast looks quite good. I enjoyed the demo - definitely something I'd like to play :)
    I like what I like and I don't what I don't.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.