Game Info Submission: BattleBlock Theater Forum

Board where Game Info Submissions are auto-posted. You cannot start threads in this board - please use the Game Info submission button under the Game Image on the Game Page

BattleBlock Theater - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: BattleBlock Theater

AuthorMessage
Posted on 04 April 13 at 21:41
Teh Paralyzer has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for BattleBlock Theater:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by Teh Paralyzer for BattleBlock Theater

Teh Paralyzer said:
Being discussed over at the behemoth forums.

So far Jail Breaker is unobtainable and multiple users have issues with Weapons Master and Melee Master
tmw666
tmw666
Posted on 05 April 13 at 08:47, Edited on 05 April 13 at 09:02 by tmw666
Both "All around Joe" and "The Professional" should be flaged as online/offline not online required. You can also get these achievements playing local ofline arena matches.

Also the Versus should be removed from "Hats off" and "Crowd pleaser", you can't play competetively in story mode.

"Chicken toucher" should be flagged "online only" instead of "online/offline", you can't get this when playing a local offline match against someone who has it (i tried)
Teh Paralyzer
Teh Paralyzer
Posted on 05 April 13 at 09:34
tmw666 said:
Both "All around Joe" and "The Professional" should be flaged as online/offline not online required. You can also get these achievements playing local ofline arena matches.

Also the Versus should be removed from "Hats off" and "Crowd pleaser", you can't play competetively in story mode.

"Chicken toucher" should be flagged "online only" instead of "online/offline", you can't get this when playing a local offline match against someone who has it (i tried)
I forgot to go back and double check what I clicked on.

Indeed what is said above is correct
LitaOsiris
LitaOsiris
Posted on 05 April 13 at 23:17
This is done with above changes and some slight modifications from myself. Thankies toast
Posted on 15 May 13 at 15:59
TsubakiCalamity has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for BattleBlock Theater:

TsubakiCalamity said:
BattleBlock TheaterJail BreakerThe Jail Breaker achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 18 pointsFree 50 prisoners in the Gift Shop.

Achievement has been fixed by the latest patch as of today.

LitaOsiris
LitaOsiris
Posted on 15 May 13 at 16:38
Updated, thankies!
Posted on 15 May 13 at 23:54
Senior Chupon has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for BattleBlock Theater:

Senior Chupon said:
BattleBlock TheaterSecret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 9 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

This s/b Online/Offline. You can do local co-op and the kills there count.

MuddyAmoeba
MuddyAmoeba
Posted on 16 May 13 at 07:32
Thanks Senior Chupon for the submission

Online/Offline added.
Posted on 30 August 14 at 18:56
Lumberjay85 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for BattleBlock Theater:

Lumberjay85 said:
BattleBlock TheaterMelee MasterThe Melee Master achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 27 pointsSuccessfully use every melee attack move.

I don't believe this achievement deserves the "buggy" flag. Based on personal experience and the experience of many others, the problem seems to be more confusion on what qualifies as a requirement rather than something not working correctly.

BattleBlock TheaterWeapons MasterThe Weapons Master achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 44 pointsUse each weapon successfully.

Like Melee Master, this achievement does not deserve the "buggy" flag as the unlock issues are more likely confusion over the requirements than something not working properly. This achievement seems to require that you get hit with each weapon as well. Basically, to get these two achievements, everything under stats must have been performed at least once.

Posted on 16 September 14 at 18:23
WhyattThrash has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for BattleBlock Theater:

WhyattThrash said:
BattleBlock TheaterWeapons MasterThe Weapons Master achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 44 pointsUse each weapon successfully.

Should not have "Buggy-", but should have "Hidden requirement". It's not buggy, it just requires you to do a whole lot more than "using each weapon succesfully". It's not bugged, it just has a really bad description. See top solution for full details.

Large Coffee
Large Coffee
Posted on 31 March 15 at 01:38, Edited on 06 April 15 at 22:23 by Large Coffee
Thank you for the submissions Lumberjay85 and WhyattThrash! We've taken the notes on your submissions into consideration but we've decided to make no changes at this time.

BattleBlock TheaterMelee MasterThe Melee Master achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 27 pointsSuccessfully use every melee attack move.

There are many reports in the solutions of performing all of the melee moves and still not having luck unlocking the achievement, then repeating a move already performed resulting in an unlock.

This is a case of a misleading description and as such we have decided to keep the 'Buggy -' flag and not add the Hidden Requirement flag.

Hidden Requirement said:
These achievements require game components to be unlocked as a prerequisite in order to be obtained.
This flag is added to achievements which require the player to have unlocked one or more game components not covered by other flags, such as Level or Multiple Playthroughs Required. This also excludes achievements which become available during natural game progression.
Thank you again for taking the time to make these submissions! compute
c[_]
Posted on 07 April 15 at 16:35
This post was archived by DEVILS UMBRA
Posted on 26 April 17 at 12:51
Elite1111111111 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for BattleBlock Theater Achievements:

Elite1111111111 said:
BattleBlock TheaterVirtuosoThe Virtuoso achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 25 pointsGet an A++ in 10 levels.

Time/Date - One of the requirements to getting an A++ is doing the level in a quick enough time.

BattleBlock TheaterSolo StarThe Solo Star achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 62 pointsGet a letter grade in every level (except Encores) in Normal Solo Story Mode.

Since it requires the finales, would Time/Date apply?

BattleBlock TheaterCo-op StarThe Co-op Star achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 69 pointsGet a letter grade in every level (except Encores) in Normal Co-op Story Mode.

See Solo Star

BattleBlock TheaterInsane Solo StarThe Insane Solo Star achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 204 pointsGet a letter grade in every level (except Encores) in insane solo story mode.

See Solo Star

BattleBlock TheaterInsane Co-op StarThe Insane Co-op Star achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 248 pointsGet a letter grade in every level (except Encores) in insane co-op story mode.

See Solo Star

BattleBlock TheaterSocial ButterflyThe Social Butterfly achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 39 pointsCollect all the prisoners of one head shape.

Remove Versus? Unless you can wager I don't see how you'd get heads.

BattleBlock TheaterFreedom HeroThe Freedom Hero achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 170 pointsFree all the prisoners in the Gift Shop by unlocking or trading.

See Social Butterfly

BattleBlock TheaterArmed and DangerousThe Armed and Dangerous achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 18 pointsCollect all the weapons in the Gift Shop by unlocking or trading.

See Social Butterfly

BattleBlock TheaterFirst Time TraderThe First Time Trader achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 8 pointsIn the Gift Shop, go to the Trading Post and trade with another player.

Remove Single Player/Versus. Not sure how you would trade in single player. I've never done the versus so maybe there's a trading hub but I wouldn't think so.

BattleBlock TheaterGlobal TraderThe Global Trader achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 39 pointsTrade online with ten different players.

Remove Versus. See First Time Trader

Elite1111111111
Posted on 26 April 17 at 12:52
Some of my flags are just conjecture but I figured I'd submit them while I was submitting others.
I8ITackyticsI8I
Posted on 27 April 17 at 13:41, Edited on 27 April 17 at 13:46 by I8ITackyticsI8I
Elite111111111 I would say those are all incorrect except Virtuoso.

The other 'date/time' achievements do require the finale level to be completed within a certain time frame, but if you fail to complete it within that time you lose and have to try again, rather than having to complete it within a certain time to qualify for the achievement. That's different. It's natural progression. In saying that, the achievement for completing all finales has the time/date stamp which I wouldn't agree with having.

In versus mode you do get the option to trade heads which is how you can collect all of the heads. You can trade these for any in game item, including other (including special) heads. You cannot trade or sell in single player but you can in offline co-op. It's best to play the aspect of the game before making assumptions about the tags for it. Multiplayer is also a blast so I recommend it.
Elite1111111111
Posted on 27 April 17 at 13:56, Edited on 27 April 17 at 13:58 by Elite1111111111
I8ITackyticsI8I said:
Elite111111111 I would say those are all incorrect except Virtuoso and first time trader.

The other 'date/time' achievements do require the finale level to be completed within a certain time frame, but if you fail to complete it within that time you lose and have to try again, rather than having to complete it within a certain time to qualify for the achievement. That's different. It's natural progression.
Other achievements where Time/Date is just a factor for part of the achievement have the Time/Date flag, which is why I applied it here. I'm not sure you're saying it in a way that makes sense, but I'd assume you're saying since it's the Finales themselves that have a time limit, rather than the entire achievement, the flag does not apply?

Edit: Since you've now edited to say you don't think the flag even applies to the original achievements, I don't think the fact it's natural progression means it shouldn't have a time/date flag. You're still timed. Granted I could see where that might lead to many other achievements needing that flag then.

For example -
Rare ReplayStampers ForeverElite1111111111The Stampers Forever achievement in Rare Replay worth 3830 pointsEarn the most coveted title in the game!

Many 'meta' achievements on the website use flags for all the parts that make it up. In this case, you need the regular levels, which just require you to make it to the end, and the finales, which are timed.

As for the trading heads, as I stated, some of the flags were conjecture. I only submitted them because I was already submitting quite a few other flags. I knew you could trade heads in co-op, because of the Gift Shop, but figured versus was just a lobby-based mode.
Mikhail Krauser
Posted on 01 May 17 at 19:52
Thanks for the Submission Elite111111111!

So, we removed single player and versus for the trading. And added Time and Date to Virtuoso. The rest don't REQUIRE a time restraint specific to the achievement, as we flag based on the ability to complete levels. Thus, assuming you complete the level (as not being the time mean you don't beat the level) you can beat every level however long you wish to take, and no specific time restraint is there.

Co-Op trading is in a lobby/gift shop lobby. The versus and single player were removed as you require 2 players to do so.
Im soo stealthy, I feel like my knife has a silencer...
Elite1111111111
Posted on 02 May 17 at 04:57
Shouldn't the Time/Date be removed from
BattleBlock TheaterCrowd PleaserThe Crowd Pleaser achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 71 pointsComplete all the Encores in any mode.

then, as that would involve just completing the level?
ChinDocta
ChinDocta
Posted on 03 May 17 at 01:48
After much discussion internally the team have decided that
BattleBlock TheaterCrowd PleaserThe Crowd Pleaser achievement in BattleBlock Theater worth 71 pointsComplete all the Encores in any mode.
will have T/D removed.
This is due to the fact that the levels themselves are timed. The achievement requires simply beating the levels, it does not add an extra time constraint to the player outside of the mechanics of the level.
Posted on 03 May 17 at 11:37
This post was archived by Mikhail Krauser
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.