Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Retail & XBLA DLC Roundup: December 18th, 2012

• punkyliarpunkyliar289,189
  • Posted on 19 December 12 at 00:12
    Looking likely Trials Evo Riders of Doom will be out before christmas too
  • LOBO X9LOBO X9331,053
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 00:28, Edited on 19 December 12 at 00:32 by LOBO X9
    the scorchers looks good
    might have to dust off rage
  • Posted on 19 December 12 at 00:33
    Battlefield wins it this week. Though premium members already had it.
  • x Zot xx Zot x154,385
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 00:50
    Looks like "The Star Gazer" for Kinect Party has already been removed. Their mistakes? Glad I got it early.
    Also did anyone else notice the size of the Wheel of Fortune add-on? 400MSP for 124 KB. Seems to be another unlock code for on-disk content. For shame.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,253,621
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 00:53, Edited on 19 December 12 at 00:58 by EarthboundX
    Wow, that's a lot of terrible Fable DLC, we can't just play the game to get those abilities oh no, lets just pay money to unlock them right away.

Same with Medal of Honor with it's "shortcut" pack, sigh...

God knows how much I hate actually playing video games.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,355,191
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 01:35
    x Zot x said:
    Looks like "The Star Gazer" for Kinect Party has already been removed. Their mistakes? Glad I got it early.
    Also did anyone else notice the size of the Wheel of Fortune add-on? 400MSP for 124 KB. Seems to be another unlock code for on-disk content. For shame.
    The game is only like 600mb, and the dlc is really just text (same with jeopardy)...seriously doubt it was on the disc...or that anyone would purchase either dlc without new achvs!
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • Posted on 19 December 12 at 01:48
    So have I missed something or is the MOH map pack 800msp for two maps? Yeah and people complained that the COD map packs were expensive :/
  • GWARRRRRGWARRRRR140,619
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 01:49
    lets go fight some foos!
    I'll just put this right here.
  • x Zot xx Zot x154,385
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 02:06
    KP ScuzzyBunny said:
    x Zot x said:
    The game is only like 600mb, and the dlc is really just text (same with jeopardy)...seriously doubt it was on the disc...or that anyone would purchase either dlc without new achvs!
    The Jeopardy DLC is 51.5 MB, but the Wheel of Fortune DLC is only 124 KB. Note: KILO. That's an unlock code. Remember the Bioshock 2 fiasco (and others since then). I do.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Like you said, no one (including me) will probably get it. It was just an observation.
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,355,191
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 02:08, Edited on 19 December 12 at 02:15 by ScuzzyBunny
    Didn't realize the Jeopardy pack was actually normal sized...The wheel dlc may have been on the disc, but with the lack of animations and what the content is (a few hundred phrases categorized in a couple of genres), it very well may be only a few kb of compressed data. Both games were obviously rushed by THQs financial predicament, so anything is possible.

Might want to mention that the moh pack is free to just about everyone who purchased the game...has anyone seen a copy that ISN'T the limited edition? I guess its only 800 if you got it used or rented it.
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • Posted on 19 December 12 at 02:34, Edited on 19 December 12 at 02:40 by VIGOR MORTIVORE
    I'm really glad to see that Sniper Elite v2 gets THAT much optional support, it's a great game apart from the fact that it's lacking too many X-ray moments.
  • TrombonafideTrombonafide1,485,181
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 02:35
    The Sleeping Dogs add-on doesn't have achievements? That's too bad.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 December 12 at 02:40
    I picked up the Horizon Rally Expansion & all of the Resident Evil 6 modes. I already had Aftermath, which is awesome by the way.
  • Zedymieon77Zedymieon77333,598
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 04:21, Edited on 19 December 12 at 04:22 by Zedymieon77
    I might be senile and all, but I'm beginning to wonder when it mentions having updates in the marketplace.

"MEDAL OF HONOR™ WARFIGHTER MULTIPLAYER UPDATE" - FREE
    This Medal of Honor™ Warfighter update contains improvements to the multiplayer portions of the game. We strongly advise you download it. This update is required to play the Zero Dark Thirty content.
    I mean, sure, it says FREE for now. But it might be a sign that at some point, developers just might feel a need to charge MSP to get updates. Then again, I AM crazy. Or was it senile? I forget.
    I am the proud owner of a Silver Crown in Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix on Critical Mode Max Level 1.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo328,123
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 05:17
    Zedymieon77 said:
    I might be senile and all, but I'm beginning to wonder when it mentions having updates in the marketplace.

"MEDAL OF HONOR™ WARFIGHTER MULTIPLAYER UPDATE" - FREE
    This Medal of Honor™ Warfighter update contains improvements to the multiplayer portions of the game. We strongly advise you download it. This update is required to play the Zero Dark Thirty content.
    I mean, sure, it says FREE for now. But it might be a sign that at some point, developers just might feel a need to charge MSP to get updates. Then again, I AM crazy. Or was it senile? I forget.
    If they start charging for updates (which is blatant theft) then ill just wait until the game decreases to half price and all DLC & updates have been released and on sale. I don't need new games that badly.
    'If at first you don't succeed, you fail' GLaDOS
  • Nod NolanNod Nolan845,407
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 06:58
    The free multiplayer updates enable those without paid dlc to play with those with paid for dlc. They will never charge for these.
    Posted from TrueAchievements Mobile
  • matdanmatdan862,275
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 07:49
    EarthboundX said:
    Wow, that's a lot of terrible Fable DLC, we can't just play the game to get those abilities oh no, lets just pay money to unlock them right away.

Same with Medal of Honor with it's "shortcut" pack, sigh...

God knows how much I hate actually playing video games.
    Yep every game has to jump on the DLC spam train, best part is that you don't have to buy it. Miss the train and you won't miss much.
  • PROF4NEPROF4NE385,455
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 08:59
    Picked up "The Scorchers" DLC for Rage today, it's pretty good considering the price. Little disappointed about having to play through it again for one of the achievements seeing how I've already beaten twice now but....oh well.
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude1,316,177
    Posted on 19 December 12 at 09:28
    Waiting to hear about how the Rage dlc is.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads