Walkthroughs Forum

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Request for a walkthrough

AuthorMessage
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 25 November 13 at 19:42, Edited on 02 June 16 at 17:55 by Musquito
As more and more request are posted in Volunteer to write a walkthrough, which is not the right topic for it.

And there is no alternative (yet) to request a walkthrough, I made this topic.

Post your requests in this topic and who knows, maybe someone will volunteer to write it for you.

Are you interested in writing one for above titles? Post it in Volunteer to write a walkthrough
http://www.truetrophies.com/ArcticMusquito.htm

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 25 November 13 at 22:51
Shark Dash (WP)
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 26 November 13 at 12:52
The Volunteer to write a walkthrough is a perfectly fine thread for people to post their requests, and seeing as a multiple walkthrough system will be implemented soon nulling the need to make a request in the first place this thread is redundant and unnecessary.
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 26 November 13 at 13:36, Edited on 26 November 13 at 13:37 by Musquito
CLOWN TASTIC 08 said:
The Volunteer to write a walkthrough is a perfectly fine thread for people to post their requests, and seeing as a multiple walkthrough system will be implemented soon nulling the need to make a request in the first place this thread is redundant and unnecessary.
That is your opinion about being unnecessary, not mine.

1. You could indeed post request in the volunteer thread, but that it would only make the managers job more difficult as they always have to see whether is is a volunteering or a requesting post.
2. There is no time frame known in which the new system will be implemented.

Why are you always counteracting anyway?
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 26 November 13 at 13:43
Volunteering and requesting to write a walkthrough are the exact same thing, just worded differently.

I'm not purposefully counteractive to you, you just seem to come up with a lot of stuff I think is either not necessary or wrong.
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 26 November 13 at 13:58
volunteering = writing it yourself
requesting = asking for other to write it.

That is a difference for me.

If the managers agree with you however, just delete the topic and I will never bring it up again. wink

Off-topic I got a lot of ideas, granted not always great ones. As long as you can point the flaws in my ideas (in a constructive way) I rest my case. I did not argue any more about the % voting system as Starlight126 pointed out some major flaws in it.
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 26 November 13 at 14:14
Fair enough, it could be useful I suppose, though I think that the managers will probably have a thread created themselves and stickied at the top of this board so that it will not need bumping should things slow down from time to time.
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 26 November 13 at 14:24
I was kinda hoping they would sticky it. wink
Or create another one and delete this one. There are only 2 request in there. We could easily repost them.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 26 November 13 at 15:40
A sticky topic is not a bad idea, but this forum section is severely underused. Here the requests are bound to be overlooked, and they'll hardly become popular (not as popular as they could/should be anyway).

I'll never stop stressing that a proper system for requests is essential to the growth of walkthroughs, both for quantity and for quality. At this point we might as well just wait for the big update, "killing time" by discussing the other major features that need to be introduced with this restructuring, and hopefully we'll get an actual "request plan".
drabik
drabik
Posted on 27 November 13 at 06:55
Thread stickied. I like this idea.
[20:15:34] Dimmock : Turtles never lose, they live longer then us so it is at worst a delayed win.
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 28 November 13 at 16:57, Edited on 28 November 13 at 16:58 by Musquito
If someone volunteers for Zombies!!! (WP) I would be thrilled. I do not understand anything about that game. facepalm
Quickdraw1988
Quickdraw1988
Posted on 15 December 13 at 20:33
Musquito said:
If someone volunteers for Zombies!!! (WP) I would be thrilled. I do not understand anything about that game. facepalm
I have played the board game it is extremely fun i would so do this if i had a phone with it. The idea is a good one generally we as writers do the games we play and if it is not in progress make a start, i will generally do most games providing hasn't got a cult following.

As a suggestion you should list requested ones at the top so people can spot them easier having to dive a topic once it is massive *IE 88 page walkthrough* i could in theory see it grow just as big.
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 15 December 13 at 22:09
Quickdraw1988 said:
gamer=Musquito]As a suggestion you should list requested ones at the top so people can spot them easier having to dive a topic once it is massive *IE 88 page walkthrough* i could in theory see it grow just as big.
Great idea. I will update it.
I did not think of it as I was under the impression we would not need this one for very long. I am still hoping it will be included in the new walkthrough system.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 27 December 13 at 22:05
So I'm assuming this is the page we use for if we want to ask for a walkthrough which someone has already done? Or will that be a future page, when the walkthrough's get changed?
Quickdraw1988
Quickdraw1988
Posted on 29 December 13 at 16:45
As i understand it the thread is for people to ask others to do X walkthrough for X game, think of it as a list of game's requiring someone to take the lead and make one.

So say for example;

Someone posts that they are wanting a walkthrough on port royale 3 which has been out for well over a year and no walkthrough has been made by others offering. I look at the thread and think i am starting that soon why not do a walkthrough while i play it to help others so then i volunteer and begin work.

One thing to remember unpopular games never get walkthroughs often neglected but can be a good source of points, whereas the big franchise hitters have droves of people clambering to make one.

So instead of volunteering you are requesting someone else to do one, hope that make sense if i am wrong nevermind laugh
Musquito
Musquito
Posted on 29 December 13 at 16:50
@ Quickdraw1988 You totally got the point of this topic.
btw I finally edited my first post.
BulgyDragonZord
Posted on 29 December 13 at 21:09
Quickdraw1988 said:
As i understand it the thread is for people to ask others to do X walkthrough for X game, think of it as a list of game's requiring someone to take the lead and make one.

So say for example;

Someone posts that they are wanting a walkthrough on port royale 3 which has been out for well over a year and no walkthrough has been made by others offering. I look at the thread and think i am starting that soon why not do a walkthrough while i play it to help others so then i volunteer and begin work.

One thing to remember unpopular games never get walkthroughs often neglected but can be a good source of points, whereas the big franchise hitters have droves of people clambering to make one.

So instead of volunteering you are requesting someone else to do one, hope that make sense if i am wrong nevermind laugh
Right, I think I have an idea what you mean then. So if I was interested in doing Dragon's Lair, which has been in walkthrough development for a year, I would ask for it on this page. Got it!
ClownTastic
ClownTastic
Posted on 29 December 13 at 23:39
Dragon's Lair will be published within a few days.
dropK1CK ninJA
Posted on 30 January 14 at 12:31
I'd like a Nier walkthrough!
This space for rent.
The Fury I84I
The Fury I84I
Posted on 31 January 14 at 20:27
^+1
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.