The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: April 15th, 2014

• Phoenix C64Phoenix C64310,076
  • Posted on 17 April 14 at 07:04, Edited on 17 April 14 at 08:29 by SonOfStayPuft82
    I picked up the Arkham Origins Season Pass.

I figured Cold, Cold Heart will probably be dearer next week, so why not get new Skins, the Bruce Wayne Initiation Challenge Maps AND Cold, Cold Heart cheaper?

Less is More.

Knowing my luck though, Cold, Cold Heart will be £4.99 now or something like that haha.

I'll definitely pick up The Wolf Among Us Ep 2 for £1.99 too when I get back from work. Glad I held off!
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64310,076
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 07:09
    i know there is the exchange rates and US prices without tax and EU prices with tax and shit...

but this?

• LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - 33% off - Now US$33.49 / £30.14 / €43.54 / AU$66.96

doesn't make any sense!

US$33,49 (price listed without taxes) = 24.19EU ... add the 21% tax if you want, it would still be 29,27EU, not fucking 43!!! (which BTW is the price listed on many retail stores, where you get the game with its box, dvd and all that shit for the same price)

either US price is wrong or the other countries are totally getting ripped off here.
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 April 14 at 07:27
    Got Liberation and Pac-Man; Still in doubt if I should buy the Skyrim DLC for this price even though I have left the main game unfinished.
    I believe in a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  • Posted on 17 April 14 at 08:19
    Aus Saints Row is $79
  • matdanmatdan809,137
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 08:25
    Billy Horrible said:
    Got Liberation and Pac-Man; Still in doubt if I should buy the Skyrim DLC for this price even though I have left the main game unfinished.
    I believe Skyrim has a GoTY and you can just install it without having to be purchase anything.

o DEEVIUS o said:
    matdan12 said:
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    @Matdan - you won't be satisfied until every GoD and DLC ever is 99% off - even then you'd probably find something wrong with it roll
    Funny that you couldn't be more wrong, I could always list all the DLC, arcade and GonD that I have but I sense it would be pointless furthering communication with you.
    So a sale isn't good unless its only the stuff you want? That reveals a lot about you M smile

Another person on the internet that cannot handle other people's opinion? I guess there are more HolyMoses on this site then I expected. It is MY opinion if you do not like that FACT then do not respond unless you are willing to communicate intelligently like you are normally capable of. MY opinion is that most of this is contained in GoTY copies and the remaining stuff is decent at best (Apart from the continual pop-up of GonD that have been in the GwG promotion).
    So backing up on reflection YOUR opinion is that the sale is awesome and MY opinion is that the sale is rather mediocre.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead651,835
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 10:00
    Phoenix C64 said:
    i know there is the exchange rates and US prices without tax and EU prices with tax and shit...

but this?

• LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - 33% off - Now US$33.49 / £30.14 / €43.54 / AU$66.96

doesn't make any sense!

US$33,49 (price listed without taxes) = 24.19EU ... add the 21% tax if you want, it would still be 29,27EU, not fucking 43!!! (which BTW is the price listed on many retail stores, where you get the game with its box, dvd and all that shit for the same price)

either US price is wrong or the other countries are totally getting ripped off here.
    No mistake, because Lego Marvel Super Heroes only costs $30 on disc in the US. Xbox 360 games have been half price in the US for 9 years, why does this still come as a surprise to some people? There is no reason GoD should be any cheaper than games on disc, you are paying for the game not the distribution of plastic.
  • matdanmatdan809,137
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 10:06
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Phoenix C64 said:

but this?

doesn't make any sense!

No mistake, because Lego Marvel Super Heroes only costs $30 on disc in the US. Xbox 360 games have been half price in the US for 9 years, why does this still come as a surprise to some people? There is no reason GoD should be any cheaper than games on disc, you are paying for the game not the distribution of plastic.
    Look at Steam it is $5 and in all countries so it is universal. That is all I have to say.
  • Posted on 17 April 14 at 13:00
    IF you purchase cards with $$$ and redeem them on your account you don't pay tax either, so it's even cheaper for me (I'm in the US)

I picked up a $100 card for $80 from newegg and still have about $80 left.

The only thing I get charged tax on are WP and Win8 purchases.
  • Posted on 17 April 14 at 13:01
    DragonFangDan said:
    If only the Mass Effect 3 DLC would all go up on sale.
    It's all been on sale at one point or another.

matdan12 said:
    Billy Horrible said:
    I believe Skyrim has a GoTY and you can just install it without having to be purchase anything.
    Correct. The Legendary Edition of Skyrim comes with all of the DLC on a second installable only disc.
  • Dr Boom XXXDr Boom XXX206,272
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 14:19
    xCANExINSANEx93 said:
    If I am to only buy one Dishonored DLC, which one should it be?
    Since Knife of Dunwall and Brigmore Witches are linked, and arguably the best. I would have to suggest you get the trials; however, if you're looking for the best overall DLC, I'd say shell out the extra 1.50 and get those 2 DLC together.
    Boom Baby!!!
  • IBKJJIBKJJ670,059
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 16:47
    ukinspro said:
    IBKJJ said:
    Great sale! What's the best pinball fx 2 tables to get?
    Core, Classic & Marvel collections, purely as you get more tables, that's not to say there isn't some bitch ass achievements in there.

From a personal point of view, Marvel tables are the most fun to play.
    Thanks! Ill get Core, Classic and some individual tables. Marvel will have to wait until next sale! :P
  • mamilo1mamilo1130,763
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 18:36
    DragonFangDan said:
    I'm right there with you. Waiting for those ME3 DLC discounts. If there were some in the past, I completely missed them.
  • Posted on 17 April 14 at 18:36
    mamilo1 said:
    DragonFangDan said:
    I'm right there with you. Waiting for those ME3 DLC discounts. If there were some in the past, I completely missed them.
    Yea sorry to say you did. I picked them all up on their respective sales.
  • Posted on 18 April 14 at 01:32
    Just bought probably 7 or 8 pinball fx2 tables I didnt have. Deciding right now if it would be worth it to get the classic tables or not. 4.99 for 4 tables aint bad when I just bought a bunch at 1.50
  • smakzillaasmakzillaa861,457
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 17:55
    Probably will pickup Breakdown for State of Decay and the Ultimate Vault Hunter upgrade pack for Borderlands. Wish there was more then the technically 3 arcade games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.