Game Info Submission Archive: Forza Motorsport 2 Forum

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Forza Motorsport 2 - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: Forza Motorsport 2

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 14 March 13 at 20:49
JMJimmy has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Forza Motorsport 2:

JMJimmy said:
Forza Motorsport 2Car Level 5The Car Level 5 achievement in Forza Motorsport 2 worth 7 pointsAchieve a car level of 5 in Career mode.

Not cumulative, exhausts.

Forza Motorsport 2Level 1The Level 1 achievement in Forza Motorsport 2 worth 5 pointsReach Level 1 in Career mode.

Forza Motorsport 2Level 10The Level 10 achievement in Forza Motorsport 2 worth 18 pointsReach Level 10 in Career mode.

Forza Motorsport 2Level 20The Level 20 achievement in Forza Motorsport 2 worth 28 pointsReach Level 20 in Career mode.

Forza Motorsport 2Level 30The Level 30 achievement in Forza Motorsport 2 worth 51 pointsReach Level 30 in Career mode.

Forza Motorsport 2Level 40The Level 40 achievement in Forza Motorsport 2 worth 80 pointsReach Level 40 in Career mode.

Forza Motorsport 2Level 50The Level 50 achievement in Forza Motorsport 2 worth 114 pointsReach Level 50 in Career mode.

MuddyAmoeba
MuddyAmoeba
Posted on 18 March 13 at 03:59
Thanks for your submissions Jimmy.

At this stage we are going to keep the cumulative on these flags.
JMJimmy
JMJimmy
Posted on 18 March 13 at 04:13
MuddyAmoeba said:
Thanks for your submissions Jimmy.

At this stage we are going to keep the cumulative on these flags.
Even:
Forza Motorsport 2Car Level 5The Car Level 5 achievement in Forza Motorsport 2 worth 7 pointsAchieve a car level of 5 in Career mode.

? There are only 5 "levels" of car, they aren't related to leveling in any way
Life, it's funny that way.
Information Posted on 11 April 13 at 18:58
JamP0und32 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Forza Motorsport 2:

JamP0und32 said:
Forza Motorsport 2Car BrokerThe Car Broker achievement in Forza Motorsport 2 worth 41 pointsBuy or sell 10 cars online in the Auction House.

Dicontinued, auction house was taken down.

Hawaiianruler
Hawaiianruler
Posted on 13 April 13 at 00:01
You can still get Car Broker. There are cars up on the Auction House still.
LitaOsiris
LitaOsiris
Posted on 14 April 13 at 21:09, Edited on 14 April 13 at 21:09 by LitaOsiris
It looks like the Auction House lives on. If anyone hears or discovers for themselves that the AH is no longer accessible, please send in another submission so the team is notified.

At the moment we won't consider any Discontinued submission less than two weeks from April 12th since a user won this achievement on that date.
Information Posted on 15 April 13 at 22:36
n1ckKz has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Forza Motorsport 2:

n1ckKz said:
Forza Motorsport 2Car BrokerThe Car Broker achievement in Forza Motorsport 2 worth 41 pointsBuy or sell 10 cars online in the Auction House.

Achievement is no longer obtainable due to the servers for the auction house going down, this has been tested on 2 different gamer tags.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 15 April 13 at 22:41, Edited on 15 April 13 at 23:23 by
Had to submit this flag today as part of a RC investigation, tested it on mine and my girlfriends console and it appears the servers are closed for the auction house.

Thanks.
http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/n1ckKz.jpg
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 16 April 13 at 07:13
We are not yet convinced that the achievement is discontinued. While the online functionality might be gone, the achievement might still be unlockable. We have reports that the auction house can still be accessed and cars "posted". They then disappear from your garage and, since the auction house is actually down, do not show up. however, the act of posting a car, when repeated ten times, might actually unlock the achievement.

As of now, we were unable to test this hypothesis. If you can, please be our guest and make sure to let us know! wink
liiami
liiami
Posted on 16 April 13 at 08:35
Epsilon Theta said:
We are not yet convinced that the achievement is discontinued. While the online functionality might be gone, the achievement might still be unlockable. We have reports that the auction house can still be accessed and cars "posted". They then disappear from your garage and, since the auction house is actually down, do not show up. however, the act of posting a car, when repeated ten times, might actually unlock the achievement.

As of now, we were unable to test this hypothesis. If you can, please be our guest and make sure to let us know! wink
Since I obtained this achievement relatively recently and I obtained it by selling cars, i'll weigh in here. The achievement only unlocked for me once the tenth car had been sold and I had processed the transaction by receiving the money. Posting a tenth car to the auction house did not unlock the achievement, processing the tenth sale did.

Theoretically you could sit there forever with 10 sold cars in your auction box and you wouldn't get the achievement until you processed all the transactions to receive the money.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 16 April 13 at 12:11, Edited on 17 April 13 at 00:28 by
Epsilon Theta said:

Update:

Today i did load up Forza Motorsport 2 and i did again try searching for auctions "No results found "
also i tested the theory of still being able to sell your own cars on the auction i got a car and attempted to sell it on the auction house, message said "Failed to create the auction. Please try again." i tested this twice and had the same message, Although, the interesting thing is, the cars i added to the auction for this test were no longer in my garage, it appears you loose them for good.

liiami could also be correct, if someone were to have sold the cars before the close date they could resolve the auctions to unlock the achievement at any given time, as the last known date for someone unlocking this achievement was 12th April.

Update: #2

Earlier i tested this on my ALT account (One with 0G on the game ) and tested this method, tried to list the cars and had the same message, "Failed to create auction. Please try again." did this with 10 cars, no achievement, i made sure i had 10 cars in the garage at the start incase of a miscount. Also all 10 cars were lost and never returned to my garage much like the 2 i tested on my account.

Thanks, wink
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 17 April 13 at 06:04
Thank you both for your input and proving the theory wrong. We will try to exhaust a few other avenues and hope to come to a final decision soon.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 18 April 13 at 02:18
That's no problem Eps, good luck. wink
liiami
liiami
Posted on 18 April 13 at 10:12
You might want to try to find someone who has an auction that still needs to be resolved since the servers have closed. If they are able to successfully resolve the auction, the achievement could still be unlocked after the discontinued date due to them having 10 transactions pending. It's an unlikely scenario, but a possibility none the less.
LitaOsiris
LitaOsiris
Posted on 18 April 13 at 21:35
We have decided to go with the possibility that someone may be able to get this later if they have already bought/sold 10 cars and just need to resolve the auctions. It may be rare but it is not truly discontinued.

We have gone with adding Buggy as per our usual in these circumstances and removed Cumulative since it's no longer possible to buy/sell any more cars.

Thankies to all toast

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 18 April 13 at 21:45
Alright, sounds good to me.
Kawaii Bod
Kawaii Bod
Posted on 24 April 13 at 10:40
It's back online not sure how long for though.
LitaOsiris
LitaOsiris
Posted on 25 April 13 at 17:33
Thankies, we've changed the flags back.

Next time please submit the information to us because there's no guarantee we will see threads once they go to the archive.
Information Posted on 12 July 13 at 13:46
planting42 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Forza Motorsport 2:

planting42 said:

The auction house server was turned off on: April 16th 2013

Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 12 July 13 at 13:50
Thank you for your submission. Let me quote our fearless Irish amazon:LitaOsiris said:
We have decided to go with the possibility that someone may be able to get this later if they have already bought/sold 10 cars and just need to resolve the auctions. It may be rare but it is not truly discontinued.

We have gone with adding Buggy as per our usual in these circumstances and removed Cumulative since it's no longer possible to buy/sell any more cars.

Thankies to all toast
If you have evidence that messages decay over time or that the message server was shut down too, please let us know and we will be happy to revise the flag.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.