Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Call of Cthulhu Announced

• City CobraCity Cobra197,321 197,321 GamerScore
    Posted on 18 January 14 at 19:06Permalink
    Amedeus8 said:
    Do people realize that Lovecraft wrote other things besides The Call of Cthulhu?
    Want a Game about the Necromonicon ? laugh

Man...Dark Corners of the Earth...i remember when i first got Hunted by the Fishmen...shock

Good Game.
  • Posted on 18 January 14 at 19:31Permalink
    this one to sure to keep on my games radar creepy check eerie check probably xbone exclusive probably sob.
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Strategy OneStrategy One662,342
    Posted on 18 January 14 at 19:32Permalink
    Need a good horror game for the Xbox One, cant wait for one (Dead Rising 3 isnt scary lol)
    Whos stupid idea was it to call Xbox One Xbone? Lame.
  • Posted on 18 January 14 at 19:56Permalink
    goddamn my terrible contrast, those screens are just black boxes to me lol. I really need to sort it out..
  • PostmortimusPostmortimus259,139
    Posted on 18 January 14 at 19:58Permalink
    I see I'm not the only one hoping this was a sequel or re-make of Dark Corners Of The Earth. laugh

All must bow to Cthulu
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 January 14 at 20:11Permalink
    So not fps sequel :-(
  • Posted on 18 January 14 at 22:24Permalink
    As a Lovecraftian nut this announcement gave me a mini orgasm. <_<

I wonder if someone will ever do a remake of "Shadow of the Comet" -- that was awesome back in the day.
  • RIVE XNGLERIVE XNGLE274,997
    Posted on 19 January 14 at 00:03Permalink
    Myes, let's recall some events not meant to be recalled to.
  • Posted on 19 January 14 at 02:30Permalink
    Looks great, can't wait.
  • EX slay3rEX slay3r238,427
    Posted on 19 January 14 at 09:07Permalink
    I have to try this since I liked the PC Call of Cthulhu. It probably won't be like that in any way but anyway I'll look forward to this.
    We at war with the army of haters and when we kill em we just smoke em like papers.
  • Posted on 19 January 14 at 09:47, Edited on 19 January 14 at 10:40 by X Plodo Sun HatPermalink
    Mock ye Great Old Ones not, puny humans, lest thou wouldst invoke ye unholy vengeance of Shub Niggurath, Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young, calling forth curses a hundredfold upon thy fever'd and strick'n mind and, erelong, seest eldritch horrors thou hast ne'er imagin'd, dredg'd from ye foulest cesspit in hell!

Ia! Ia!
  • Posted on 19 January 14 at 10:57, Edited on 19 January 14 at 10:57 by MattiasAndersonPermalink
    First game to the new xbox that finally interest me.

Ops, i forgot metal gear. So second game this is. lol
  • TriRockTriRock1,661,602
    Posted on 19 January 14 at 12:31Permalink
    This will be a very difficult game to pull off properly. Best of luck to the development team!
  • MedrusMedrus451,005
    Posted on 19 January 14 at 14:22Permalink
    The planned sequel to Dark Corners of the Earth was to be based on At the Mountains of Madness but the developer went bust. I imagine it is difficult for devs to bring a real sense of cosmic dread to Cthulhu based projects. Here's hoping that this game turns out to be truly terrifying.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty527,561
    Posted on 19 January 14 at 18:47Permalink
    Le Lone Wolf said:
    Need a good horror game for the Xbox One, cant wait for one (Dead Rising 3 isnt scary lol)
    It ain't very good either. This looks promising though.
  • KingBadNastyKingBadNasty148,453
    Posted on 19 January 14 at 19:53Permalink
    Robbaz "King of Sweden" first made me want to play this game
    I Will Slay The Dragon!
  • SyphonidesSyphonides410,971
    Posted on 19 January 14 at 21:30Permalink
    Medrus said:
    The planned sequel to Dark Corners of the Earth was to be based on At the Mountains of Madness but the developer went bust. I imagine it is difficult for devs to bring a real sense of cosmic dread to Cthulhu based projects. Here's hoping that this game turns out to be truly terrifying.
    I share your hope. As far as DCotE went, though, it did a good job to incorporate sanity as a game mechanic. Even if its story was a mashup of several story seeds.
  • Posted on 19 January 14 at 22:37Permalink
    oehw another call of cthulhu , cool , i hope its as good as the other lovecraft games
    What does not kill you , has not been done properly.
  • ZZRsyZZRsy257,221
    Posted on 19 January 14 at 22:57, Edited on 20 February 15 at 11:39 by ZZRsyPermalink
    I still have Call Of Cthulhu Dark Corners Of The Earth for the original Xbox and it's one of the most scarey games I have ever played. If this does not come out on 360 I will be severely *issed off.
    ZZRsy
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude703,849
    Posted on 20 January 14 at 06:55Permalink
    Screenshots don't really provide much, but color me interested.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.