The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: November 26th, 2013

• x RepoUK xx RepoUK x288,799
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 21:14
    The GoD deals are shit but I'm tempted by a handful of the Arcade ones smile
  • Meat WisdomMeat Wisdom267,761
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 21:14
    Yeah, I've been waiting for the ME3 DLC to go on sale too (I ended up buying Leviathan at full price when it came out, but only because it was 800 points and not 1200 like the other two), and hate the fact that I missed Omega because MS decided to bury it within the Kinect section.
  • yURCHyURCH132,662
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 21:18
    I highly recommend God Mode! Pretty awesome game, especially with friends.
    We, the Dark Court, give whoever you are our highest praise... dood...
  • EvandalistEvandalist428,438
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 21:28, Edited on 26 November 13 at 21:29 by Evandalist
    Rhyolitic said:
    Evandalist said:
    The Cyber Monday deals are going to be way better : Dark Souls for $4.99, The Witcher 2 for $7.49, LA Noire for $7.49, etc...

Still some nice stuff here, though.
    IMO, LA Noire isn't worth $0.74. That was one of the most boring games that I think I've ever played. Ya, the facial animations were neat, but the actual gameplay was dreadfully dull. One of the few games I've sold off without a backwards glance.
    I don't recall asking you for your opinion on the games I'll be purchasing, but thanks anyway.
    You fail me.
  • Arashi SoraArashi Sora338,594
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 21:30
    More shit sales from Microsoft. No surprises here.

I still don't understand why anyone wants games on consoles to go all digital. Retailers have so much better deals on games than this. Plus, once Micro$oft gets a monopoly on games, the prices will skyrocket and say goodbye to sales all together.
  • Posted on 26 November 13 at 22:06
    PrinceRules64 said:
    wes coasn said:
    PrinceRules64 said:
    Is it just me or is it impossible to pay with credit on account on the website since they changed to 'real money'?
    I can change the option from my credit card to money that I already have on my account. Maybe you should call Microsoft and stop complaining here.
    I did. That didn't help. I was asking people here, it should be obvious from the question mark.
    I had the same issue - I'm pretty sure you can only use your credit when purchasing through your 360, not through the website. Doesn't make a lot of sense but it was the only way I could make it work.
  • Demo MCNDemo MCN242,994
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 22:19
    Holy smoke, pretty nice deals.
  • Posted on 26 November 13 at 22:44
    Great deals !!!!
  • RedDeadKBIIRedDeadKBII417,952
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 22:50
    Awesome deals! Picking up Mark of the Ninja, God Mode and Dust: an Elysian Tale.

For anyone interested in Amy, it's a decent game worth it's $2.49 price tag.
  • SlavenBOSSSlavenBOSS930,670
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 23:00
    nice, picked up Dust, Mark of Ninja and Motorcross
  • dc0drdc0dr553,000
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 23:01
    Thanks for the Fallout info guys!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 26 November 13 at 23:10
    I would be very surprised if the Mass Effect 3 DLC doesn't get a price slash this week, seen a lot of people wanting it but if not the Citadel DLC is worth 1200msp it's brilliant :)
  • SwearySeanSwearySean1,102,263
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 23:20
    Pretty happy with this sale. Didn't have most of them this time :)
    Don't feed the trolls
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,225,992
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 23:23
    Offhand, does anyone know how having the same game downloaded on the same card works? Eyeing up Wolfenstein 3D at $1.25, but haven't finished the NA version. I wouldn't be surprised if one tried to overwrite the other.
  • JadedMeanKatJadedMeanKat778,501
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 23:30
    Crimson Drifter said:
    Where the Puzzle Quest DLC? RAWRBLARG!

Have most of the arcade titles, but I think I'll bite on God Mode and Runner 2. On the fence for Sacred Citadel...
    I would say yes to Sacred Citadel. I personally think it was a great side scrolling hack & slash. Was a smooth game which is rare these days from what I've played. Some of the achievements sucked but was still good.
  • JadedMeanKatJadedMeanKat778,501
    Posted on 26 November 13 at 23:42
    Regarding everyone asking about Dead Block...It could be good/short??? I add the ??? because I haven't been able to play 1 full mission without running into the freezing issue they have with the game. I have literally had to play 1 mission 6 times before I was able to get through it just because it would ALWAYS freeze & always right when you finish the mission. Of course it doesn't save until after the part it freezes on. I've read if you wait it out it should unfreeze but I've never been so lucky. I's put a buyer beware on that game.

Puzzle quest: Galactrix in my opinion is also not a Puzzle Quest game at heart. I see what they tried to do but failed. So if you are a fan it the series be ready to be disappointed.

Dust is a great & beautiful game & I think everyone should try that game. That deserved to be a $40 retail in my opinion if it was a little longer.
  • matdanmatdan810,191
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 00:43
    Most of those day 1 deals are repeat and most of the DLC. :( Was hoping for some new deals but then Microsoft and good deal rarely go hand in hand.

So any opinions on Dust and Wolfenstein 3D?
  • Posted on 27 November 13 at 04:10
    Capricious Kiwi said:
    I had the same issue - I'm pretty sure you can only use your credit when purchasing through your 360, not through the website. Doesn't make a lot of sense but it was the only way I could make it work.
    That's what worked for me too. I similarly can't use credit to buy from xbox.com, but it works fine when purchasing from the dashboard. So I'm just buying things from the dashboard until I spend the rest of my credit, and then will go back to buying through the web site.
  • EurydaceEurydace623,759
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 04:18
    Onechanbara will be $3. I'll buy it for that price laugh. Looks amusing. Like a bad Lollipop Chainsaw.
  • Ultra SevenUltra Seven533,655
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 04:44, Edited on 27 November 13 at 04:48 by Ultra Seven
    matdan12 said:
    So any opinions on Dust and Wolfenstein 3D?
    My opinion on Wolfenstein 3D - I can't take this seriously. The game released in the year 1992. As of this past May, Wolfenstein is now old enough to drink alcohol. You might as well ask how Pac-Man is. Oh, and here in the states it is under $2. That is cheaper than a single Red Bull. I like Red Bull but would trade one for this game.

Dust is kickass Metroidvania. If you don't like Metroid, and you don't like Symphony of the Night, then still get this game anyway because it is well worth the 2/3rds off price you might pass on if I can't sell you on how much you'll enjoy it. -- Okay, I personally don't like "furries" at all, so that is the only thing that it might get points off for. I saw past it, and the completion earned its way into my Trophy Case.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.