The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: November 26th, 2013

• Posted on 27 November 13 at 04:53
    Snowed said:
    Onechanbara will be $3. I'll buy it for that price laugh. Looks amusing. Like a bad Lollipop Chainsaw.
    I played both and I must say that I thought they were both kind of bad. And Onechanbara actually has a tiny bit of difficulty added to it.
    BIG MEECH
  • MMMDIMMMDI1,027,711
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 05:18
    DrCanadianNinja said:
    Offhand, does anyone know how having the same game downloaded on the same card works? Eyeing up Wolfenstein 3D at $1.25, but haven't finished the NA version. I wouldn't be surprised if one tried to overwrite the other.
    It stacks, as if it's a totally separate game.
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic510,355
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 05:20
    lx VAULT xl said:
    Snowed said:
    Onechanbara will be $3. I'll buy it for that price laugh. Looks amusing. Like a bad Lollipop Chainsaw.
    I played both and I must say that I thought they were both kind of bad. And Onechanbara actually has a tiny bit of difficulty added to it.
    Yes, it does. You have to be really good with timing of sword swings to get a fairly sizable chunk of the achievements.
  • Posted on 27 November 13 at 06:53
    TSG Dwaggie said:
    That skyrim DLC discrepancy is attrocious.
    Aye. Also why is fallout 3 stuff on sale? It's been ages now!

I'll probably pick up Dust
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 November 13 at 08:27
    Some good deals here for once, no reason not to get Wolfenstein for 84p.

No one has mentioned this 'AMY' yet, I like survival horrors but it looks a little too 'I Am Alive / Hydrophobia' to me, which although were solid games I was less than impressed with them, often frustrated and did not ultimately enjoy them.

Any thoughts on AMY?
    Let me find peace in my own heart and save me from my enemies.
  • FinderKeeperFinderKeeper128,230
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 08:30, Edited on 27 November 13 at 08:49 by FinderKeeper
    Capricious Kiwi said:
    PrinceRules64 said:
    wes coasn said:
    PrinceRules64 said:
    Is it just me or is it impossible to pay with credit on account on the website since they changed to 'real money'?
    I can change the option from my credit card to money that I already have on my account. Maybe you should call Microsoft and stop complaining here.
    I did. That didn't help. I was asking people here, it should be obvious from the question mark.
    I had the same issue - I'm pretty sure you can only use your credit when purchasing through your 360, not through the website. Doesn't make a lot of sense but it was the only way I could make it work.
    I second this. It's been a few months since the conversion, but I recall using all my credit resulting from the conversion by purchasing on the console. I even think there was a thread somewhere (might have been on a different site) to that effect, that any credit needs to be used from the console and not the website.

It's just a hunch, but the difficulty of using money already credited to the account via the website might have something to do with the asshats who ended up buying a ton of Ultimate Team cards for FIFA 12 using the website, about two years ago. I had about $20 in points and saw it emptied in a flash, and my CC (on file) was charged as well. I think that's also the reason for the extra security proofs when using the website.

EDIT: I've heard AMY has a good premise but horrible/broken gameplay. Can't verify that as I've stayed away, but on metacritic it has a 25 critic score (out of 100) and a 3.8 user score (out of 10). That's more or less a general consensus that the game sucks.

As far as the games I'm interested in, Wolfenstein 3D and The Cave for the weeklong deals (75% off), and BattleBlock Theater for the Monday deal (66% off).

On the fence about Mark of the Ninja (66% off), Halo 4 Champions Bundle (50% off... will it go on sale for lower once Halo 5 hits?), and Far Cry Blood Dragon (75% off).

And is Rockstar Table Tennis still worth playing? Is it easy to find for $5 or less on disc?
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
  • Seven ClipSeven Clip368,807
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 08:36
    AncientTides said:
    If for some bizarre reason you've not picked up Dust: An Elysian Tail already, you should definitely get it now.
    Agreed. I had a lot of fun with that.
  • KungFuStu72KungFuStu721,408,351
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 09:27
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Anyway....deadblock for me and that's it. At $2.49 its acceptable.
    I thought the same but decided that I'd hold off until next week just in case MS decide to make this the December GwG. smile
  • Posted on 27 November 13 at 09:57
    I'm glad they've put the Skyrim DLC back on offer, been waiting for them to. I'm on my 2nd playthrough, so I can 100% it. I only have the DLC achievements to get now, and didn't have Dragonborn. So for once I've actually timed it right. Usually DLC only comes on offer when I've already bought it or out of money :)
  • matdanmatdan810,191
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 10:01
    o DEEVIUS o said:

No one has mentioned this 'AMY' yet, I like survival horrors but it looks a little too 'I Am Alive / Hydrophobia' to me, which although were solid games I was less than impressed with them, often frustrated and did not ultimately enjoy them.

Any thoughts on AMY?
    Run!!! NOW! Do not touch that sinister PoS. Just youtube it much less painful.
  • TynaeveXTynaeveX124,817
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 10:22
    How come skyrim DLC is 75% off in US but only 50% in EU/rest of the world? That doesn't seem very fair does it? Althou i'm kinda used to it by now. Europe has always been shafted when it comes to gaming. At least on consoles, with games getting US releases but not coming to EU.

Happy that Agarest was released on PC as i wanted it on 360 a long time but it was US only. A long time ago i also preordered Operation Darkness after playing the demo only to find out from the store later on that it wouldn't get released in EU.

Not happy, rant over !
  • Posted on 27 November 13 at 12:20
    I bought Godmode and it won't load up fully
  • Redd FiveRedd Five983,307
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 14:29
    I'm going for Motocross Madness, The Cave, and Mark of the Ninja. I'll get Onechanbara later, too.

One odd thing, if I buy from the Xbox dashboard, I can use my account balance, but in the online store, it's credit card only.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 November 13 at 15:34
    Love it picked up two games already wolfenstien 3d and rockstar table tennis
    Fallout3476v2
  • IMHUWIMHUW98,693
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 16:51
    picked up God Mode, Motocross Madness and Sacred Citadel :-) hoping to get far cry blood dragon next week (it's 75% off i believe)
  • Posted on 27 November 13 at 16:57
    Picked up "Mark of The Ninja", "The Cave" and "Dead Block" yesterday.

Started playing "Mark of the Ninja" last night. I will make time to play through it without a walkthrough over Thanksgiving weekend. This is a stealth game done right. The controls are fucking perfect.
  • Shadow XBLShadow XBL320,572
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 17:41
    MAH BOI 420 said:
    Been looking for an excuse to pick up Puzzle Quest, and now is as good a time as any at that price. Wolfenstein 3D isn't bad for a fucking dollar thirty either.
    careful, that MP grind is atrocious.
  • BumbuliuzBumbuliuz372,546 372,546 GamerScore
    Posted on 27 November 13 at 18:29
    Picked up Metro: Last Light and DLC last night and I'm thinking about buying Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on friday.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 27 November 13 at 19:34
    matdan12 said:
    o DEEVIUS o said:

Any thoughts on AMY?
    Run!!! NOW! Do not touch that sinister PoS. Just youtube it much less painful.
    Yes thank you M, I read the TA Review and it completely dissolved my interest, well at least I got Wolfenstein, (should be able to start it sometime in the year 2027!)
    Let me find peace in my own heart and save me from my enemies.
  • Posted on 27 November 13 at 21:02
    o DEEVIUS o said:

Any thoughts on AMY?
    I've only heard terrible things aboot it. It's on my avoid list
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.