Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Tropico 4 Pirate Heaven DLC Announced

• DaveKineticDaveKinetic646,251
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,909,122
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 02:21, Edited on 25 October 12 at 02:23 by The Globalizer
    Unexpected, awesome news. Anyone know if this has a campaign like Modern Times or if it is just a skins-type add-on?

EDIT: Looks like a single mission. Achievements?
  • Chris8875Chris8875696,982
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 02:24
    Great news. Pity it'll be most likely US only release.
  • wBRYwBRY748,195
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 02:29
    Will this be in the gold edition too?
  • Posted on 25 October 12 at 02:34
    They better include this in the gold edition, lest it lose its luster. =/
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,672,599
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 03:14
    TOTHEXXXTREME said:
    They won't. They've already described the Gold Edition and this isn't it. Plus, considering this has no release date and the Gold comes out this month, no way it would be included anyways.
  • Zer0eZer0e739,832
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 03:45
    It baffles me that they would release a Gold edition (what I perceived to be an Ultimate or GOTY editon), and then announce this. I would hope it doesn't have achievements. Will wait to see if it does and then decide on getting the Gold edition for this game.
    I'm gonna ninja you!!
  • KingyOwlKingyOwl628,361
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 05:19, Edited on 25 October 12 at 12:34 by KingyOwl
    It doesn't look as big as Modern Times so I doubt it will carry achievements. Luckily I haven't sold the game yet so I can get back involved if it has!
  • JakeythedudeJakeythedude1,315,760
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 06:02
    xZer0ex said:
    It baffles me that they would release a Gold edition (what I perceived to be an Ultimate or GOTY editon), and then announce this. I would hope it doesn't have achievements. Will wait to see if it does and then decide on getting the Gold edition for this game.
    I know! That's what I was thinking! I came here and I was like: Didn't they just announce a complete edition?!
  • Posted on 25 October 12 at 06:05
    And... Fuck.

Was going to sell this once I went back to it and completed Modern Times. Well, looks like that isn't happening!
  • Posted on 25 October 12 at 09:19
    xZer0ex said:
    Me too, I guess they now can release a second gold edition
  • ScuzzyBunnyScuzzyBunny1,367,643
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 09:30
    Herr Karamell said:
    xZer0ex said:
    Me too, I guess they now can release a second gold edition
    No, no, no...next is the platinum edition, then when the DLC after this one comes out they will release the GOTY version.

Some of these DLC "schemes" make no sense at all.
    Killer Punks...all that needs to be said.
  • MetalCPRMetalCPR1,025,586
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 10:21
    Chris8875 said:
    Great news. Pity it'll be most likely US only release.
    This. I would still love to be able to play the Modern Times DLC
  • Macfly77422Macfly77422247,597
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 10:31, Edited on 25 October 12 at 10:31 by Macfly77422
    They simply saw there were much more people interested in the game after the Gold Edition announcement so they thought : "Oh f*ck it, let's make more money, again."
  • Posted on 25 October 12 at 11:05
    Macfly77422 said:
    They simply saw there were much more people interested in the game after the Gold Edition announcement so they thought : "Oh f*ck it, let's make more money, again."
    I was thinking the same thing. Awesomeness though, I really enjoy these games, especially this one since the third one would always crash once your population got to high. Be good to get back into this game again.
    IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!!!!! BlaziNBuckwheaT
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty1,103,079
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 11:24
    This is stoopid. I was going to buy the Gold Edition but its not worth it if they havnt included all the DLC.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,971,816
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 11:30
    It will probably have achievements, therefore a purchase from me.

However, shocking they didn't delay the gold edition for this.
  • SilentRich69SilentRich691,048,462
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 11:36
    Reading all of these butt hurt comments just made my day.
    I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen769,646
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 11:53
    Cool! Always a fan of more Tropico!
    Need more focus...
  • DelithDelith394,511
    Posted on 25 October 12 at 14:20
    TOTHEXXXTREME said:
    No one tells El Presidente what to do! El Presidente always shines! El Presidente is always full of luster! Do you not love El Presidente?
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads