Game Discussion: skate. Forum

skate online cheevos

AuthorMessage
planting42
planting42
Posted on 30 May 16 at 19:50
Darkness727420 said:No way in hell dude, my router was unplugged, is there a magic Internet connection somewhere???Yes. Tell me how your achievements synced without internet and I'll believe you.
http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
Darkness727420
Posted on 30 May 16 at 23:08
Ok here goes. I declined update twice, once when I boosted the game up then again when it tried connecting to ea servers. There for I was offline, no? I did the tricks, tricked out popped. Hit the guide button when it did, no achievements no freezing, nothing except it bringing up the achievement. I turned my Xbox OFF in frustration, unplugged my router, booted up my xbox, deleted profile only. Plugged my router back in, connected to live, downloaded my profile. And what do you know the achievement was still there. I did do a manual save while offline BUT I hadn't even done half the tricks when I did. There you guy dude. Why the hell would I make this up in anyway when I'm trying to "complete" this game
planting42
planting42
Posted on 30 May 16 at 23:59, Edited on 31 May 16 at 00:08 by planting42
Again, if you were not connected to LIVE, how did your achievement upload?

You did it wrong. Its that simple.

EDIT: Second thought: You shouldn't have even seen a prompt for an update were you offline.
Darkness727420
Posted on 31 May 16 at 00:18
No dude I unplugged my router after I turned my Xbox off and before turning it on again. Read it again. We can go back and forth all day so I'm out, I'm not gonna argue with someone that wasn't even close to me when I was doing it.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 31 May 16 at 00:27, Edited on 31 May 16 at 00:30 by planting42
I just tested it myself. Popped the 'Complete all Tutorials' achievement offline. Recovered my profile and guess what, its gone.

We can go back and forth all day - because I know you did it wrong. You probably dashboarded instead of powering off your box. Since you weren't really offline, just knocked off due to declining the TU, you reconnected upon dashboarding - and yes it does that. That synced your offline won achievement and set you down the path to arguing with me.

Disconnect from LIVE, clear cache and try again.

What I fail to understand is how you think we're wrong when YOUR ACHIEVEMENT SYNCED. That requires internet. facepalm
matdan
matdan
Posted on 31 May 16 at 05:57
He got the TU prompt which can only be done when online, I have tested this over 20 times on dummy accounts and not once seen a TU prompt or had achievements sync to those profiles. You are meant to go offline before starting the game up.
planting42
planting42
Posted on 31 May 16 at 06:09
I'd also make sure auto-save is off and that you manually save just before doing whatever will trigger the achievement to shorten successive attempts.
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 31 May 16 at 06:12, Edited on 31 May 16 at 06:14 by YoDz
Would copying my tag to a USB drive speed up the process? So that way I don't have to download my profile from live everytime?

Also I'm wondering if the model of 360 your playing on plays a role is success.
I have 2 360's, one Arcade base model system and a 360 slim.
I'm gonna test with the old 360 first since it runs a bit slower than the slim models.
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 31 May 16 at 06:38, Edited on 31 May 16 at 06:40 by JamP0und32
If you declined the update it puts you offline but still connected to your router. From my time in UHH I've learned that turning of your xbox will reconnect you to live and sync your profile, you need to be fully offline so that means disconnected from your router.
KinectKid333
KinectKid333
Posted on 31 May 16 at 23:01
If you have a wired box you just unplug the Ethernet cord, correct?
"I fear the day when mankind starts making up quotes about things I never said and posting them on the internet." --Albert Einstein
planting42
planting42
Posted on 01 June 16 at 04:02
Yup.
young tugboatz
Posted on 03 January 17 at 16:56
Crandy said:
DarthFracas said:
I just picked this up again during last weeks EA sale. I want to make sure I understand the process...

1) clear patches
2) play offline and refuse the update
3) Pop any single player achievement and hit the guide button at the same time.

If I get nothing, how will recovering my profile work? For example, I finish the photo shoots and get nothing. Do I have to turn off auto save for this to work properly?
If you picked up the digital version, it is unlikely that you will be able to perform the glitch. If I understand the process correctly, patches are normally automatically applied to digital versions of games, so there is no way to delete them like a physical copy.

In the case that it does work, yes, step one, two, and three are all correct. Since you are playing offline you are able to delete your profile and any earned, unsynced, achievements along with it. I highly recommend turning off autosave so you do not have to make progress up to the point of unlocking the achievement again. It is not a requirement though.
Please may someone confirm whether this will work for a slim Xbox and a digital download please? I want to play the singleplayer normally but glitch the online ones?

Thanks!
DiRT, Grid , Forza , Need for Speed Fan
ColdEagle86
ColdEagle86
Posted on 05 June 17 at 00:17
Can I just run the process by you guys before I attempt, to ensure I'm correct.
If I connect wirelessly, and forget my network, reboot my xbox, delete patches, launch game, do any achievement, press guide button - hope some others unlock. If not delete profile try again? Would I turn the xbox off from the press guide screen brought up earlier? And then delete profile > recover profile (by going online) and try again from the beginning? The same achievement, or a different one?
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 17 July 17 at 21:35, Edited on 17 July 17 at 21:52 by YoDz
yessssss finally got it to work. took about 100 attempts but I finally got it!!!!!!!!

I had a few attempts that were part way successful but only unlocked a few achievements, finally got them all to unlock except one for the injuries which luckily is easy
Darkness727420
Posted on 30 July 17 at 16:29
YoDz said:
yessssss finally got it to work. took about 100 attempts but I finally got it!!!!!!!!

I had a few attempts that were part way successful but only unlocked a few achievements, finally got them all to unlock except one for the injuries which luckily is easy
Which achievement did you do when it worked?
D3athChrono
D3athChrono
Posted on 05 March 18 at 21:03
By any chance does this glitch still work on the newer Xbox 360 models? Or do I have to use the older models. Cause I’ve tried and when the achievement popped I hit the guide button but it smoothly transitions into the achievement list without freezing the game. Or does it take multiple attempts to trigger the glitch?
sonikchilidog
Posted on 11 April 18 at 03:31
Trying to do this with Tricked Out and while it is freezing when I get the achievement, it won't unfreeze and I have to reboot my console. As a result, I'm not getting any other achievements pop up.
Sonic1994PL
Sonic1994PL
Posted on 25 July 18 at 08:55
There is still a chance that I unlocked couple of chievios in Career Mode with online sync and try to trigger the glitch with offline?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.