Game Discussion: skate. Forum

skate online cheevos

AuthorMessage
Crandy
Crandy
Posted on 24 January 15 at 18:25
matdan12 said:So does this work 100% for getting all online?It is possible to get locked out of some achievements, because when you run out of achievement to unlock you can no longer perform the glitch. Because I have not tried it, I also cannot guarantee starting the game now that you would be able to unlock every online achievement. If you are careful though, there is a pretty substantial chance you could start and complete the game.
-Randy Twoseventwoseven
DarthFracas
DarthFracas
Posted on 04 February 15 at 21:50
I just picked this up again during last weeks EA sale. I want to make sure I understand the process...

1) clear patches
2) play offline and refuse the update
3) Pop any single player achievement and hit the guide button at the same time.

If I get nothing, how will recovering my profile work? For example, I finish the photo shoots and get nothing. Do I have to turn off auto save for this to work properly?
Crandy
Crandy
Posted on 04 February 15 at 22:47, Edited on 04 February 15 at 22:47 by Crandy
DarthFracas said:I just picked this up again during last weeks EA sale. I want to make sure I understand the process...

1) clear patches

If I get nothing, how will recovering my profile work? For example, I finish the photo shoots and get nothing. Do I have to turn off auto save for this to work properly?
If you picked up the digital version, it is unlikely that you will be able to perform the glitch. If I understand the process correctly, patches are normally automatically applied to digital versions of games, so there is no way to delete them like a physical copy.

In the case that it does work, yes, step one, two, and three are all correct. Since you are playing offline you are able to delete your profile and any earned, unsynced, achievements along with it. I highly recommend turning off autosave so you do not have to make progress up to the point of unlocking the achievement again. It is not a requirement though.
-Randy Twoseventwoseven
matdan
matdan
Posted on 05 February 15 at 01:17
Crandy said:DarthFracas said:I just picked this up again during last weeks EA sale. I want to make sure I understand the process...

1) clear patches

If you picked up the digital version, it is unlikely that you will be able to perform the glitch. If I understand the process correctly, patches are normally automatically applied to digital versions of games, so there is no way to delete them like a physical copy.

In the case that it does work, yes, step one, two, and three are all correct. Since you are playing offline you are able to delete your profile and any earned, unsynced, achievements along with it. I highly recommend turning off autosave so you do not have to make progress up to the point of unlocking the achievement again. It is not a requirement though.
Thanks might try this as the game has been collecting dust for a while on my shelf.

Can you delete your profile and recover profile if the glitch works but you do not get all the online achievements? Thanks. toast
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
Crandy
Crandy
Posted on 05 February 15 at 03:04
matdan12 said:Crandy said:DarthFracas said:I just picked this up again during last weeks EA sale. I want to make sure I understand the process...

1) clear patches

Thanks might try this as the game has been collecting dust for a while on my shelf.

Can you delete your profile and recover profile if the glitch works but you do not get all the online achievements? Thanks. toast
Yes you can. As long as you delete your profile before you connect to LIVE, all of the achievements will disappear.

Just be careful when you delete it not to select "delete profile and items" wink
-Randy Twoseventwoseven
matdan
matdan
Posted on 05 February 15 at 03:16
laugh Yeah I learnt that bit the hard way. Thanks. toast
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
matdan
matdan
Posted on 06 February 15 at 16:44
Cannot get the glitch to work. After several unsuccessful attempts that is.
KinectKid333
KinectKid333
Posted on 29 February 16 at 17:33
So I accidentally connected to live after unlocking a couple of achievements. Can I play with autosave on now? It shouldn't affect anything right? And to make sure, do you have to hit the guide IMMEDIATELY after you unlock it (like within 1/2 a second or a second), or can it be any time that the achievement is still notifying at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks!
Crandy
Crandy
Posted on 29 February 16 at 17:54
KinectKid333 said:So I accidentally connected to live after unlocking a couple of achievements. Can I play with autosave on now? It shouldn't affect anything right? And to make sure, do you have to hit the guide IMMEDIATELY after you unlock it (like within 1/2 a second or a second), or can it be any time that the achievement is still notifying at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks!
I always hit the button about a second after it popped. You can play with autosave on, but if might make it hard to keep trying to trigger the glitch on a particular achievement.
-Randy Twoseventwoseven
ThaFunkeeBee
Posted on 21 March 16 at 21:49, Edited on 23 March 16 at 22:44 by ThaFunkeeBee
Just for info if you are kinda angry after EA:
On the Xbox market place, EA actually state in their Skate games descriptions (Skate 1 & Skate 2 at least) that online is available.
Since all servers are shut down, you can't play online in any form, even alone.
That being said, they are doing false advertising by not warning their customers that a feature is unavalaible in their product and even pushing it up front like a selling point. We could actually sue them for that... (I guess in the U.S.).

I bought a 19€ version of Skate 2 and when I discovered I can't play online I called them telling them what I just wrote, that it was outrageous, with a confident tone. They refund me the game in a minute without asking any question and of course I kept the digital game in my collection.

Maybe we are screwed with their damn unobtainable achievements but we still can use their fails to screw them a little ;).

Do not hesitate to call them with classic unsatisfied customer speech to get free games (only those we can't play online...)
Darkness727420
Posted on 30 May 16 at 02:19
Crandy said:matdan12 said:Crandy said:DarthFracas said:I just picked this up again during last weeks EA sale. I want to make sure I understand the process...

1) clear patches

Yes you can. As long as you delete your profile before you connect to LIVE, all of the achievements will disappear.

Just be careful when you delete it not to select "delete profile and items" wink
Total and utter bullshit. I did the tricks, pressed the guide button at the same time. Absolutely nothing happened, no achievement/achievements unlocked and no freezing what so ever. So I unplugged my router. Dash boarded, deleted my profile only. Plugged my router back in, downloaded my profile. Guess what achievement what still there, tricked out. I'm serverly pissed to say the least. My only slim hope is to do the photo shoots or tutorials and prey it works. Would've been nice to know that absolutely nothing can happen.
Crandy
Crandy
Posted on 30 May 16 at 03:09
Darkness727420 said:Crandy said:matdan12 said:Crandy said:DarthFracas said:I just picked this up again during last weeks EA sale. I want to make sure I understand the process...

1) clear patches

Total and utter bullshit. I did the tricks, pressed the guide button at the same time. Absolutely nothing happened, no achievement/achievements unlocked and no freezing what so ever. So I unplugged my router. Dash boarded, deleted my profile only. Plugged my router back in, downloaded my profile. Guess what achievement what still there, tricked out. I'm serverly pissed to say the least. My only slim hope is to do the photo shoots or tutorials and prey it works. Would've been nice to know that absolutely nothing can happen.
Not quite sure I understand your process, but you need to delete the patch for Skate. and play offline for the glitch to trigger. Additionally if your profile with the offline achievements hits LIVE at any point, it syncs the achievements and they are unlocked forever. If you delete the profile offline before reconnecting to LIVE the achievements will be deleted and therefore not sync.
-Randy Twoseventwoseven
Darkness727420
Posted on 30 May 16 at 06:05
I did exactly that, check my achievements out. There is no time stamp
Darkness727420
Posted on 30 May 16 at 06:07, Edited on 30 May 16 at 06:11 by Darkness727420
I played the entire time offline skate.

Aside from from the 3 I unlocked when I didn't know about this game having onlines
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 30 May 16 at 13:12, Edited on 30 May 16 at 13:29 by YoDz
Damn I might give this a shot, the process is very similar to the glitch in 2006 Fifa World Cup where you can pop all achievements by activating one and pressing guide button.
Has anyone successfully unlocked all online achievements this way? If I can get all online to pop I wouldn't mind finishing up whatever single player achievements are left.
matdan
matdan
Posted on 30 May 16 at 14:11
Yet to get a successful pop on any of my dummy accounts.
Darkness727420
Posted on 30 May 16 at 14:52
Anyone know how long it takes to do the photo shoots? I'm not trying to spend hours with this game. Lesson learned, check for unobtainables before buying any game. cry
YoDz
YoDz
Posted on 30 May 16 at 15:13
matdan said:Yet to get a successful pop on any of my dummy accounts.Thats a shame, I will give it a go here in a few days and update my results
planting42
planting42
Posted on 30 May 16 at 16:08
Darkness727420 said:Crandy said:matdan12 said:Crandy said:DarthFracas said:I just picked this up again during last weeks EA sale. I want to make sure I understand the process...

1) clear patches

There is no way for your achievement to sync with Xbox LIVE unless you were online before deleting the profile. I'm sorry, you did it wrong.
http://www.trueachievements.com/gtasc-2016.htm
Darkness727420
Posted on 30 May 16 at 16:11
No way in hell dude, my router was unplugged, is there a magic Internet connection somewhere???
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.