Posted on 02 July 14 at 03:05Iceberg082006 said:PointySpred said:Billy Horrible said:Mikey V69 said:Chakaal Starr said:Billy Horrible said:I'm starting to get annoyed by all the people saying we should be thankful and have gratitude for Microsoft giving us free games at all.It's like a pizza baker telling you, "if you come dine at my restaurant all year, you get one pizza a month on the house". And then when you get there for your free pizza, and it turns out that it's a pizza with mushrooms, ansjovy and brussel sprouts, all things you hate. And then the pizza baker goes "sorry, the pizza might be a bit tasteless. I actually made it a year ago but nobody wanted it so I just put it in the freezer until I could give it to someone". And then you're going "you know what? Screw you, pizza guy! I'd rather go to the place across the street and pay for a pizza I actually want!".And then some hundred-year-old douchebag gets into the store and says "when I was your age, I'd be happy with having a pizza at all, let alone a free one", and that's where I'm ending the metaphor until it gets messy.That is ridiculous, I will give a real example along the same lines:I ordered pizza from my favorite pizza place the other day and they threw in a free order of ribs. I didn't ask for it, I didn't expect it, I didn't choose which item they offered, they just offered because they do that sometimes. Sometimes they have offered cheese bread, wings, salads etc. so it is different each time.I would say it's more like that. Being my favorite Pizza Place, I would still have ordered the Pizza whether that promotion was there or not because I am patronizing them for their pizza, as it is a quality pizza that I enjoy and not because of the fact they throw in free items.(they don't even advertise that they do that). It would be silly to pick a pizza place because of throw ins, you would be mostly eating conveyor belt pizza. If ribs wasn't my thing, I would just not get the promo instead of complaining all over the internet about how the Pizza Place offers garbage offers.Even when MS offered some older classics, that doesn't equate to a frozen year old oddball pizza, that would probably be the time the above place I just talked about offers free pizza bread or a free cheese pizza, which are both fairly popular menu items that many people would enjoy vs a more expensive menu item.Great example. Everyone needs to remember that 14 months ago you got nothing with Live Gold other than multiplayer. It may one day go back to that so download the games you think you might like and enjoy while it lasts.And 14 months ago I wasn't a fulltime Gold member. Everybody always expects that everybody else is a fulltime Gold member... While a lot of us don't care for multiplayer and only get Gold for the discounts and the GwG offers. So for us, GwG is not a little extra that we didn't account for but something we paid for. They started out with high profile stuff like Fable III, Assassin's Creed II and Halo 3 and drag you in, and then nothing for a long time.And to reply to Chakaal; apparently this is a situation in which 'most people would enjoy it' isn't true or we wouldn't have so many people complaining every time. And one of the other problems with your metaphor is that Microsoft DOES advertise with their free games.Main problem is this: you feel like the GwG is a good or at least acceptable extra, and that's your opinion. Well, that it sucks is our opinion but apparently we aren't allowed to voice our own thoughts. Do you hear yourself shouting "Get back in line, monkeys!"?Well my opinion is that the GwG offers blow 90% of the time and the other 10% is games I already own. So don't excuse me when I feel cheated and won't renew my Gold membership next time. You just out your opinion and I'll out mine, but never EVER tell me that I can't voice my thoughts because it's not compatible with yours.Bye, check out TrueTrophies.com you get a whole bunch of quality games on ps3. For FREE and you don't even have to pay a monthly fee. You would probably complain if they hung you with a new rope.What are you talking about??? You have to pay for ps+ to get the free stuff on ps3 lolz, oh yeah but its cheaper and the games are def newer and better variety though. Still all this dude does is complain. Getting old reading same negative bs.The difference between me and you? You don't think there's a difference between me and you.