The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: April 17th, 2014

  • punkyliarpunkyliar199,860
  • Posted on 17 April 14 at 22:34Permalink
    Another WP DoTW that is laughable. The games that are free do not look appealing at all, some of them even have discontinued achievements. Carcassonne was DoTW not too long ago if I recall!

    Slack.
    I'm Dave, check out https://www.justgiving.com/davidanddave/ !
  • Dr Peach PDr Peach P154,116
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 22:37Permalink
    VisciousSquare said:
    Another WP DoTW that is laughable. The games that are free do not look appealing at all, some of them even have discontinued achievements. Carcassonne was DoTW not too long ago if I recall!

    Slack.
    Are you kidding me? Nova and Modern Combat push the limits for a cell phone game. Nova is XBLA level as far as graphics.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,148,445
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 22:41Permalink
    Anyone know how the DRM works on these Nokia Collection versions? Will they disappear, can I redownload later if I delete now?
  • Bogi x3Bogi x3659,696
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 22:47Permalink
    Hope they have the free games until thursday cause then I get Lumia 1320 with a 32 GB card so I can put games in there when Win 8.1 is out (if I don't get the developer thing so I can get it now). Does anybody know if you can downlad games from windowsphone.com and put then in the SD card throught usb or SD slot?
  • BROOKER 513BROOKER 513436,541
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 22:59Permalink
    I'll admit it a little dissappointed in the repeat deal, but good for those who can enjoy the freebies
    DEATH IS CERTAIN.
  • Opto JockOpto Jock191,539
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 23:07Permalink
    IntenseKha0s said:
    Does anybody know if you can downlad games from windowsphone.com and put then in the SD card throught usb or SD slot?
    Yes, you can. They call it "Sideloading" in WP 8. See link below. The trade off is that you can no longer use your SD card as integrated phone storage like you could in WP 7. As an example, I have the Huawei WP with very limited internal storage, so I bought an extra 32 GB card in order to install Spartan Assault. While I can use the card to hold and install the .xap file, the game still has to be installed entirely on the phone's internal storage, meaning I paid for a game I can't play until I get a phone with more internal storage.

    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/apps/how-do-i-i...
  • Posted on 17 April 14 at 23:14Permalink
    Just got the 1520 last Friday, now I get some free games!
    Heroes never die
  • Posted on 17 April 14 at 23:24Permalink
    CrystalBlueCook said:
    VisciousSquare said:
    Another WP DoTW that is laughable. The games that are free do not look appealing at all, some of them even have discontinued achievements. Carcassonne was DoTW not too long ago if I recall!

    Slack.
    Are you kidding me? Nova and Modern Combat push the limits for a cell phone game. Nova is XBLA level as far as graphics.
    They may well do, but as they are free to a model that I don't have [Lumia 925] it gets automatically overlooked which is a crying shame.
    I'm Dave, check out https://www.justgiving.com/davidanddave/ !
  • SpilnerSpilner798,678
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 23:35Permalink
    VisciousSquare said:
    CrystalBlueCook said:
    VisciousSquare said:
    Another WP DoTW that is laughable. The games that are free do not look appealing at all, some of them even have discontinued achievements. Carcassonne was DoTW not too long ago if I recall!

    Slack.
    Are you kidding me? Nova and Modern Combat push the limits for a cell phone game. Nova is XBLA level as far as graphics.
    They may well do, but as they are free to a model that I don't have [Lumia 925] it gets automatically overlooked which is a crying shame.
    Overlooked as its not as new as the rest which are being promoted atm, I also got £20 MS credit free
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
  • KanjiKokaKanjiKoka273,142
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 23:35Permalink
    Wow...wonder why just THOSE models?
    Job & A Social Life, achievements most gamers refuse to earn...therefore, their ratios are high.
  • The GlobalizerThe Globalizer1,148,445
    Posted on 17 April 14 at 23:50Permalink
    ^ They look like newer phones, so guessing it's a sweetener for upgraders.
  • wBRYwBRY704,854
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 00:05Permalink
    Those models can redeem 20 voucher to redeem on Xbox.com
  • Posted on 18 April 14 at 00:19Permalink
    I'm not seeing the free version of these games. I downloaded the 8.1 update early, could that be why?
    LTspeirs
  • Posted on 18 April 14 at 00:24Permalink
    Opto Jock said:
    IntenseKha0s said:
    Does anybody know if you can downlad games from windowsphone.com and put then in the SD card throught usb or SD slot?
    Yes, you can. They call it "Sideloading" in WP 8. See link below. The trade off is that you can no longer use your SD card as integrated phone storage like you could in WP 7. As an example, I have the Huawei WP with very limited internal storage, so I bought an extra 32 GB card in order to install Spartan Assault. While I can use the card to hold and install the .xap file, the game still has to be installed entirely on the phone's internal storage, meaning I paid for a game I can't play until I get a phone with more internal storage.

    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/apps/how-do-i-i...
    This changes in WP 8.1 which is out in dev preview right now!

    I have a 64 GB SD card and you can now fully install apps on to the SD Card!
  • SpilnerSpilner798,678
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 00:22Permalink
    drownedLTspeirs said:
    I'm not seeing the free version of these games. I downloaded the 8.1 update early, could that be why?
    Do you have one of the specific phones mentioned? Im on 8.1 and got them no problem.
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
  • KeysworedKeyswored237,791
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 00:38Permalink
    Why are there hardly any actual good games for Windows 8?
    Achievement Hunter X360A member www.xbox360achievements.org TA member www.trueachievements.com
  • Posted on 18 April 14 at 00:43Permalink
    Wanted to get a WP8 for Order and Chaos and FF3, looks like I need to get one ASAP...
  • Posted on 18 April 14 at 01:18Permalink
    Spilner said:
    drownedLTspeirs said:
    I'm not seeing the free version of these games. I downloaded the 8.1 update early, could that be why?
    Do you have one of the specific phones mentioned? Im on 8.1 and got them no problem.
    Yes I have the Lumia 1520, I don't see any options for free other than the usual "try" option.
    LTspeirs
  • tylcr2pt0tylcr2pt0175,205
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 01:38Permalink
    I have a 1020, to find them omit hd in the search and some words, I only found earthworm him by searching "earthworm", brain challenge NO HD, seems lame
    Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops boy!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.