Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: April 17th, 2014

• SpilnerSpilner798,678
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 12:08Permalink
    mik29 said:
    Spilner said:
    mik29 said:
    borstal said:
    Ive DL'd the bottom five, the others any good?
    just now or yesterday fella?, their showing a paid for me.
    Are you searching for the newly listed free versions?
    Dunno, how?
    ....the magnifying glass button on your marketplace on your phone? wink search for each game and there should be a separate free version if your phone qualifies
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
  • mik29mik29532,179
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 12:12Permalink
    Spilner said:
    mik29 said:
    Spilner said:
    mik29 said:
    borstal said:
    Ive DL'd the bottom five, the others any good?
    just now or yesterday fella?, their showing a paid for me.
    Are you searching for the newly listed free versions?
    Dunno, how?
    ....the magnifying glass button on your marketplace on your phone? wink search for each game and there should be a separate free version if your phone qualifies
    Got it, need to change my region back to UK after the 8.1 update on 1020. Thanks for the help fella.
    J.F.D.I Just F**king Do It
  • mik29mik29532,179
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 12:13Permalink
    No NOVA 3 for 1020 sadly. cry
  • borstalborstal248,812
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 12:26Permalink
    I got NOVA for the 1020?
    Vic-20 to One
  • mik29mik29532,179
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 12:37Permalink
    I searched for "Nova" and only got the paid version, so after your comment I tried searching for "N.O.V.A" and it showed up. Thanks again fella.clap
  • HanxHanx816,865
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 13:13Permalink
    It's just a damn shame that I'm running out of space on my Lumia 625. Thanks to Halo:SA using so much and only having 8GB internal phone memory. roll If I try deleting temporary files it just sits there for half an hour and getting nowhere, then it locks screen and back to square one.
  • SpilnerSpilner798,678
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 13:25Permalink
    Cobryza said:
    It's just a damn shame that I'm running out of space on my Lumia 625. Thanks to Halo:SA using so much and only having 8GB internal phone memory. roll If I try deleting temporary files it just sits there for half an hour and getting nowhere, then it locks screen and back to square one.
    With 8.1 you can install games to SD card, I suggest upgrading via the preview http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-81-now-available
    I find bugs, its my thing! I don't break things on purpose it just happens :D
  • Opto JockOpto Jock191,539
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 13:28Permalink
    Senior Chupon said:
    Opto Jock said:
    IntenseKha0s said:
    Does anybody know if you can downlad games from windowsphone.com and put then in the SD card throught usb or SD slot?
    Yes, you can. They call it "Sideloading" in WP 8. See link below. The trade off is that you can no longer use your SD card as integrated phone storage like you could in WP 7. As an example, I have the Huawei WP with very limited internal storage, so I bought an extra 32 GB card in order to install Spartan Assault. While I can use the card to hold and install the .xap file, the game still has to be installed entirely on the phone's internal storage, meaning I paid for a game I can't play until I get a phone with more internal storage.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/apps/how-do-i-i...
    This changes in WP 8.1 which is out in dev preview right now!

I have a 64 GB SD card and you can now fully install apps on to the SD Card!
    Fan-FREAKIN'-tastic! You, sir or madam, are a hero. High schools will surely be built in your honor.

Any idea if they also fixed the picture/music duplicating problem?
  • HanxHanx816,865
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 13:54Permalink
    Spilner said:
    Cobryza said:
    With 8.1 you can install games to SD card, I suggest upgrading via the preview http://www.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-81-now-available
    Cheers!
  • Posted on 18 April 14 at 14:00Permalink
    i love my samsung phone but i also want free things. cry Life is terrible sometimes
  • SimmSimm1,764,943
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 14:10Permalink
    Thanks Nokia! I'm glad I upgraded to the 1020. I'm loving the new wp8.1 update as well, Cortana is awesome and the new start screen looks much better.
  • Empty DEmpty D526,576
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 14:27Permalink
    I'm warning you now: DON'T GET ASSASSIN'S CREED! Graphics from 2 generations ago, dodgy controls, bad jumping, and crap combat. Not worth it, even for the achievements.
  • Posted on 18 April 14 at 22:22Permalink
    Anyone having luck with the Nokia Icon? It keeps telling me the free versions are unavailable for my device.
  • nos0up4younos0up4you406,432
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 22:39Permalink
    Lumia Icon running 8.1 here and the games were downloadable a couple of nights ago (due to issues with my WiFi I was only able to d/l Shark Dash), but they're not listed anymore. Not sure what the issue is.
  • toddycsttoddycst512,783
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 23:14Permalink
    No freebies for Nokia 928? Boooooooooo!!!!!!!

Lots of glitches achievements in that group anyway.
  • pezza888pezza888120,120
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 23:19, Edited on 18 April 14 at 23:18 by pezza888Permalink
    Looks to me like there is an EA mobile spring sale on:
    Plants vs Zombies £1.99
    NFS Hot Pursuit £1.99
    Sims 3 £2.59
    Trivial Pursuit £1.49
    Game Of Life £1.49
    iBomber Defense £1.49
    FC rocket £1.49
    Blobster £1.49
    Jet Set Go £1.49
    RISK £1.49

This is what I can see on my Lumia 520

EDIT:
    And in other wp news "The Harvest" is now out on wp8 for £4.49
  • coipcoip189,468
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 23:18Permalink
    VisciousSquare said:
    Another WP DoTW that is laughable....Carcassonne was DoTW not too long ago if I recall!
    Pff. What nonsense. Carcassonne is a great game and at 99 cents that's a great deal. Not laughable at all. Yes, it's been on sale before (this is the 4th time), but that happens quite a bit, and it's still a great deal for anyone who doesn't have it yet.
  • coipcoip189,468
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 23:21Permalink
    Keyswored said:
    Why are there hardly any actual good games for Windows 8?
    There are lots of great games for Windows 8:
    1. Project Spark
    2. WSOP: Full House Pro
    3. Halo: Spartan Assault
    4. Pac-Man CE DX+
    5. Rayman Fiesta Run
    6. Rayman Jungle Run
    7. The Harvest
    8. HydroThunder
    9. Skulls of the Shogun
    10. ilomilo
    11. A World of Keflings
    12. Rocket Riot 3D
    13. FIFA 14
    14. Wordament
    15. Alphajax

Those are all solid games.
  • coipcoip189,468
    Posted on 18 April 14 at 23:29Permalink
    pezza888 said:

And in other wp news "The Harvest" is now out on wp8 for £4.49
    Whoa! I had given up all hope that they'd bring this over to WP8! Now, for Tentacles and DoDonPachi! Would be nice if they made The Harvest like Halo: Spartan Assault where one purchase is good for both Windows Phone and Windows 8/RT.
  • Posted on 19 April 14 at 02:06Permalink
    Why did they skip the lumia 920?!
    www.gamertagnation.com
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.