Game Info Submission: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified Forum

Board where Game Info Submissions are auto-posted. You cannot start threads in this board - please use the Game Info submission button under the Game Image on the Game Page

[NMI] The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - Achievement Flag submissions

Needs Info

Related game: The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

AuthorMessage
Posted on 21 September 13 at 02:06, Edited on 12 March 15 at 18:06 by Chad and Jessie
CovetousCash64 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by CovetousCash64 for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

CovetousCash64 said:I haven't marked Vigilo Confido missable, because the only way to miss it is to play on the wrong difficulty. While technically that is missable, it doesn't seem to fit the spirit of the flag.

I didn't flag any of the 'Do X 20/40 times' achievements with cumulative because they don't carry over across playthroughs. While I don't personally agree with that flag stipulation (it seems to me to confuse cumulative and missable), I've towed the party line in these submissions.
winginor
winginor
Posted on 26 September 13 at 10:38
Some notes from me:
"Away TeamComplete - your first Minor Operation" is not missable you are forced to do the first minor operation to continue the story, so it is story related and not missable

Also I wouldn't mark most of the cumulative achievments as missable as due to the checkpoint system you can for example load an earlier mision and simply do your 15 scans or 20 headshots. Due to this checkpoint loading system it is hard to categorize what is realy missable as for most cheevos you only have o load up an early enough checkpoint.
Another example is:
"We Will Fight Like Lions!Defeat all the Outsiders before escaping on the Skyranger (Secret)"
For this one if you miss it you will simply have to redo that mission, so its highly argueable if this should be marked as missable.

"I've Seen Better, But Not ManyReach Rank 5" is not a stackable one as this flag is normally used for difficulties and no for reaching a specific level
CovetousCash64
Posted on 26 September 13 at 21:51
I was only ever able to load the most recent checkpoint and I wasn't able to use multiple saves for the one campaign.. I couldn't see how to load a checkpoint from eg. 3 missions earlier. If that's possible (including after finishing the campaign), then I agree that most of the achievements I've flagged as missable aren't.
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 27 September 13 at 19:31
A few questions:
- How long is a campaign?
- Are you encouraged to do multiple playthroughs?
- Are there achievements that can only be done in a specific mission?

Please, also reply to CovetousCash64 as it is an important point that needs to be cleared before any flagging can take place. Thank you!
winginor
winginor
Posted on 27 September 13 at 20:33
Hi,

I have not finished the game yet, so I can't judge on everything yet.
As far as I heard a campaighn should be around 10 hours, more on commander if you die a lot as the AI of your squaddies is totally dumb and they can die in an instant.
As for encouragement to do more playthroughs I'm not sure what you mean, but as far as I know you would start from the scratch but if you manage everything you can turn the diffyculty down later and do what yopu are missing.
There are achievmets tied to specific missions, for example "We Will Fight Like Lions!Defeat all the Outsiders before escaping on the Skyranger (Secret)" is an achiement that can only be gotten at the end of the first mission.
The game creates checkpoints after every mission, so I could load up my second mission for example, don't know what happens with the later saves if you load an earlier checkpoint but I guess they are lost or overwritten when you reach that mission again, won't try that out before I finish the game. I can go to load game and have a checkpoint for every mission there that I can load.

As for missables I would clearly mark the let noone bleed out and the investigations as missable as you woul have to play almost the whole game again if you mess these up at some point.
The strip 5 mutons could make you do around five missions again as most missions only have one muton
*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***

6 minor operations within a campaign could also cause you to play a lot again if you don't do minor missions, I think there are 7 in total between the main missions.
Rank 10 cheevo is also like that if you don't do the minors you may have to load an earlier save and do some more.
"They Wont Know What Hit Them" can also cause you to have to do a lot again if you use your skillpoints without thinking. As you need to use all skills and there is only room for 2 of each class you need to be careful with your skillpoints as each class has some skills where you can choose between two skills so you would have to take the first for the first squaddie of that class and for the second the second one. If you mess that up copmpletly you would have to do enough missions to level up a fresh squaddie to get the missing skills. So if you totally mess things up for this I would say you have to play 1/3 of the game again.
Sorry for the long explanation as I don't know how much is neccessary to say it is missable.
I wouldn't mark the others as missable as you would only have to redo a few or one mission for that.
If you have more questions let me know.
CovetousCash64
Posted on 27 September 13 at 23:54, Edited on 27 September 13 at 23:55 by CovetousCash64
Epsilon Theta said:
A few questions:
In my walkthrough, I'm estimating the game at 15-25 hours depending on which difficulty you select. Playing on rookie (particularly after finishing Commander) is roughly twice as fast as playing on Commander.

There's no real need for multiple playthroughs unless you miss achievements. In my walkthrough I'm suggesting one and a bit playthroughs - a full playthrough on Commander difficulty and then a partial Rookie playthrough to mop up achievements.

The only mission-specific achievement is We Will Fight Like Lions, which is earned at the end of the very first mission.

I've checked and Winginor is correct about loading prior missions. After choosing which campaign to play, you can choose to either 'continue' or 'load mission'. The latter lets you replay any prior mission. While doing so doesn't delete your later saves, it also doesn't bring across any progress towards achievements in them. In essence, you're starting again from an earlier point in the game. It's a strange halfway point between missable and non-missable.

Depending on how you want to characterise it, either none of the missables I flagged are, or they all are.
Posted on 29 September 13 at 08:28
Phoenix C64 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by Phoenix C64 for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Phoenix C64 said:
just some updates on stuff thats missable. the game does have some sort of chapter load, but in order to get the "do XYZ an N amount if times in a single campaign" it will not be enough to replay a single chapter and you'd have to replay quite a bit.

i marked "let the boys have some fun" and "we will fight like lions" as missable, but yo ucould actually get those by replaying a chapter, so...

also marked some chievos as story related.
Phoenix C64
Phoenix C64
Posted on 29 September 13 at 08:37
Epsilon Theta said:
A few questions:

Please, also reply to CovetousCash64 as it is an important point that needs to be cleared before any flagging can take place. Thank you!
1) my 1st playthrough was on veteran (second to last diff.) and took me 11h32m i missed some sidemissions due lack of investigation at my base

2) no. you could do everything in 1 single playthrough if you followed a guide. personal note: the game is cool and i liked it a lot more than expected, specially as i played other xcom games. i would suggest to either make 1 play in easy then the 2nd in commander, or straight ahead commander and finish off chievos on easy later

3) yes, i recall at least one that can only be done in a certain place: "We Will Fight Like Lions!"

the game has some sort of auto-chapter-checkpoint save
when i go into load game, i see the latest autosaves on top, but at the bottom there are a lot of autosaves from different moments in the campaign. it's not a chapter load per se, but it would allow you to replay a certain moment.
however, as i mentioned in my chievo submission: to get many of the "do XYZ an N amount of times in one campaign" you would have to replay so much, i would consider the achievement as missable

PS NOTE: if you use the cloud to save your progress, you might want to delete all the chapter auto-saves when you're done, as one single playthrough eats up 30+MB
Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
winginor
winginor
Posted on 01 October 13 at 12:13, Edited on 03 October 13 at 21:24 by winginor
So I'm done with the game and wanted to give some final input so that some things are more clear, as there seems to be a lot confusion what to mark as missable.

So first the facts you can reload a checkpoint from every mission in the game as the game makes manual saves after every mission that can be used to attempt achievments again or redo part of the story. So according to the definition achiements that you can easily attempt again by loading up the level should not be marked as missable, if I understand that correctly.

The game takes 10-15 hous for a full campaign, it was at 15 for my commander playthough as that one is quite hard, but I got all achievments aside from the kill 40 flanked enemies and the achievment for killing everything at the end of the first mission. The game should not take more than 10 hours on easy.

So lets go through the achievments in question and the effort need to redo them. Hope everybody agrees with that or we can discuss it:

Bursting the Bubble - Take down 20 Outsider Shields using laser-based guns within a single campaign
Not missable - Takes around 3 missions if you need to reattempt it which would take around 45 minutes.

Can't be Everywhere at Once - Complete 6 Dispatch Missions within a single campaign
Missable - There are only few of these so if you miss some you will have to stat almost from the beginning. Would take around 7 hours to reattempt, could start from checkpoint after mission 2

Clever Girl - Get 40 kills on Flanked enemies within a single campaign
Not Missable - The one I did not get o Commander, have startet a new campaign and had to do 4 missions till I got it (2 minors and 2 major missions), so thats around 1 hour

Dead Head - Get 20 Headshot kills with any gun within a single campaign

Not Missable - Even one mission is enough to get that so time to do 15 minutes

Don't Run, You'll Just Die Tired - Attach 10 Sticky Grenades onto Outsider enemies within a single campaign
Not Missable - You can even do that on a dummy in the base, so only load checkpoint and it wont take more tan a few minutes.

Enemy Within Enemy Within - Have Mind Controlled enemies get a total of 15 kills within a single campaign
Not Missable - You can load a later checkpoint after ou get this ability and 3 missions should be enough to do it so it takes around 45 minutes

Let the Boys Have Their Fun - Complete an entire Operation without the player firing a weapon or using a grenade
Not Missable - Load an ealier Mission, do it on easy and you look at 15 minutes for this

No One Left Behind - Complete the game without a single agent bleeding out
Missable - If you let someone bleed out at the start you will have to redo everthing so that makes 10 hours to redo

Not Playing Favorites - Take an agent of every class into the field within a single campaign
Not missable - You can recruit new agents at the base and even switch agents within the mission if there is a spot for that in that mission, so one mission around 15 minutes

Ready for Anything - Reach Rank 10
Missable - if ou don't do the minor missions you won't have enough XP at he end, so this is missable. You could start from a checkpoint half wa through the game whcih should provide enough XP if you do every mino mission from then on so around 5 hours to redo

See the World They Said... - Complete 6 Minor Operations within a single campaign
Missable, if you don't do almost all of them you can restart a checkpoint after mission 2 to rdo them so around 7 hours to redo

Sight Beyond SightPerform 15 unique scans within a single campaign
Not missable - Two fights should aeady be enough to scan enough objects so only takes around 5 minutes to reattempt

Spring Cleaning - Complete all Investigations in the base within a single campaign
Missable - If yo don't do the investigations from the start you will miss some of them and have to restart from after mission 1, that makes around 7 hours to redo

The Last Suit You'll Ever Wear - Customize an agent
Not Missable - Can even be done within a mission, simply press select, swith to your agents details and change te name or some color, done. 1 minute to redo

They Wont Know What Hit Them - Use all of the agent and player abilities in the field within a single campaign
Missable - You will need 10 leveled up agaents and chose the coresponding skills for the same type and then take the different agents on missions or switch them at a sport for that and use the skills. Time to redo if not leveled up and only used two agaents all the time around 6 hours, start from after mission 2 cehckpoint

Top. Men. - Get an agent of each class to Rank 5 within a single campaign

Not missable - Quite eas as the dispatch missions bring a lot of XP, two should be enough that mens you have to play two missions in the meantime to get the dispatch missions to complete which is around 30 minutes

We Will Fight Like Lions! - We Will Fight Like Lions!Defeat all the Outsiders before escaping on the Skyranger (Secret)

Not missable - New game to redo mission one and kill all enemeies at the end, should take around 15 minutes

Welcome to Earth - Finish off 20 aliens using melee attacks within a single campaign
Not missabe - On easy you should be able to melee enough in 2 missions so this should take 30 minutes to redo

What Are You Without Your Armor? - Strip all of the armor off of 5 Mutons before killing them within a single campaign
Not Missable - in the later missions there are sometimes more mutons, so takes around 3 missions which would be 45 minutes to redo

Some that are story related and were not in the last submission:
Is He Old Enough to Drive? - Defeat a Sectopod (Secret)
This one is story related and can't be missed

Bringing down Goliath - Defeat a Muton (Secret)
Story related and can't be missed

Away Team - Complete your first Minor Operation
Story reated and can't be missed, you need to do a minor to continue after mission 2

A Dish Best Served Cold - Defeat a Titan (Secret)
Story related and can't be missed

I've Seen Better, But Not Many - Reach Rank 5

Story related and can't be missed - no way to finish at a lower level

I hope this helps to clear things up, if there are questions or anybody does not agree let me know.
CovetousCash64
Posted on 02 October 13 at 03:50
Agreed except for Top.Men.

I don't recall any of my agents reaching rank five after 2 dispatch missions, and playing 3 missions would take longer than an hour.

I'm also dubious about your time estimate for What are you without your armour? But I'm not the worlds fastest player.
winginor
winginor
Posted on 02 October 13 at 10:09
Generally I would say that you can finish major missions in 20 minutes and minors in 10 minutes as you can pretty much rush through the missions on easy/recruit if you already know them and do this to mop up missed achievments.
So I have used that for my calcuations.
For Top Men the dispatch missions give a lot of Xp if a third or fourth one is needed you would have to play another mission inbetween every time. But as said on easy I would say that you have an average of 15 minutes to redo a misions.
Phoenix C64
Phoenix C64
Posted on 02 October 13 at 17:13, Edited on 02 October 13 at 17:16 by Phoenix C64
winginor said:
The game takes 10-15 hous for a full campaign, it was at 15 for my commander playthough as that one is quite hard, but I got all achievments aside from the kill 4 flanked enemies and the achievment for killing everything at the end of the first mission. The game should not take more than 10 hours on easy.
typo there mate. it's 40, not 4 ;) (PS: my commander playthrough was 9h. and the first playthrough on veteran was 11h. if I recall correctly)
Not Missable - The one I did not get o Commander, have startet a new campaign and had to do 4 missions till I got it (2 minors and 2 major missions), so thats around 1 hour
disagree. this is very much missable. i only got it on my second playthrough (commander) and i was actually aiming to get this from the very start and it didn't pop until the last mission. the game mecanics are a bit quirky when it comes to flanking.
so, unless some1 discovers a location to farm this, it is very much YES missable and trying to get it will mean a possible lot of hours of replaying. that you got it in the 4th mission is quite astounding, specially as you were in commander diff and in the first few missions aren't even that many occasions to do this.
Enemy Within Enemy Within - Have Mind Controlled enemies get a total of 15 kills within a single campaign
Not Missable - You can load a later checkpoint after ou get this ability and 3 missions should be enough to do it so it takes around 45 minutes
"should" and "could" aren't words that i would want to use when trying to define achievements.
i aimed for this achievement in my first playthrough and missed it because either the enemies died too fast, or just were standing around doing nothing when MCed or broke free too soon. in my second playthough i had to make sure i had the skill that improves MC (which is even at higher lvl than MC skill itself) and i had to make sure my teammates were far back and wouldnt shoot the MCed guy. and i used this specially in rooms with just 2 enemies, as after the fight the cooldown would reset.
so... if missed in a playhtough, it means replaying a earlier checkpoint and doing at least a couple of hours. unless some1 comes up with a great farming spot.
so in my opinion: MISSABLE

i agree on everything else.
Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
winginor
winginor
Posted on 03 October 13 at 21:24
Phoenix C64 said:
winginor said:
The game takes 10-15 hous for a full campaign, it was at 15 for my commander playthough as that one is quite hard, but I got all achievments aside from the kill 4 flanked enemies and the achievment for killing everything at the end of the first mission. The game should not take more than 10 hours on easy.
typo there mate. it's 40, not 4 ;) (PS: my commander playthrough was 9h. and the first playthrough on veteran was 11h. if I recall correctly)
disagree. this is very much missable. i only got it on my second playthrough (commander) and i was actually aiming to get this from the very start and it didn't pop until the last mission. the game mecanics are a bit quirky when it comes to flanking.
so, unless some1 discovers a location to farm this, it is very much YES missable and trying to get it will mean a possible lot of hours of replaying. that you got it in the 4th mission is quite astounding, specially as you were in commander diff and in the first few missions aren't even that many occasions to do this.
"should" and "could" aren't words that i would want to use when trying to define achievements.
i aimed for this achievement in my first playthrough and missed it because either the enemies died too fast, or just were standing around doing nothing when MCed or broke free too soon. in my second playthough i had to make sure i had the skill that improves MC (which is even at higher lvl than MC skill itself) and i had to make sure my teammates were far back and wouldnt shoot the MCed guy. and i used this specially in rooms with just 2 enemies, as after the fight the cooldown would reset.
so... if missed in a playhtough, it means replaying a earlier checkpoint and doing at least a couple of hours. unless some1 comes up with a great farming spot.
so in my opinion: MISSABLE

i agree on everything else.
Sorry for the typo, english isn't my first language so there may be a few in longer texts.

For clever girl (40 flanked kills) as said I used a new game and that was of course on easy where within 4 missions I had it. I flanked almost every enemy possible as I was only going for that.
Of course if you try this on commander it will take very long as it is pretty much suicide to try to flank most enemies on commander as they shoot you or your squaddies way too fast. I kept my squaddies always near me on commander that's why I didn't even really try to get this on that playthrough.
As you can get this within the first missions if you aim for that on easy in around 1h I would not mark this as missable, but thats up to the mods, only describing how much time I needed to mop it up.

For the mind control part I said should because I wasn't totally sure anymore, for my case I think it were 3 missions, pretty fast and didn't expect is so fast. But maybe the commander difficulty helped there as it is much harder for the squaddies to take down enemies there. I controlled mainly Phantoms, Mutons and Sektopods which were quite good at killing their own.
You get the ability quite late in the game so for mopping it up you would need to load a playthrough where you already have it or are about to get it.
At this point depeding on your leveling there shouldn't even be more than five missions available to do. So thats less than 1/3 of the game that you would have to replay to get it. Therefore I don't tink that it qualifies as missable. So even if it does not work so well for you I wouldn't expect anybody replaying the last missions to need more than 2 hors for that, as said in my case it came pretty damn fast but of course some luck is included so others may have more problems.
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 08 October 13 at 17:14
Thank you everyone for the flamboyant discussion. As of now, the team has flagged the game.

We chose to stick with our decision from Metro 2033 and flag achievements that are cumulative within one playthrough respectively campaign but not beyond that as neither Cumulative nor Missable. We believe there is no doubt about why these achievements aren't Cumulative as they are resetting upon completion of the campaign. We do not consider them Missable as there is no point where you would need to pay special attention less you miss the achievement. It is simply a process where you need to be aware of it. We believe that the absence of the Cumulative flag signals this.

As for the rest, we have applied the flags you suggested with the few remaining Missable flags. Basically, those are Spring Cleaning in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified due to being able to miss an investigation, They Wont Know What Hit Them in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified due to having to specifically level characters, No One Left Behind in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified due to one error ruining all progress, and Can't be Everywhere at Once in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified for the same reason.

As always, thank you for your help!
winginor
winginor
Posted on 11 October 13 at 21:12
Hi,
no problem only one remark
You should mark "See the World They Said..." as missbale as you maked "Can't be Everywhere at Once".
As said they both take about 7 hours to redo and one is for dispatch missions and one for minor missions so they behave practically the same so should be marked with the same flag.
Funny fact they even have the same TA and Gamerscore
Epsilon Theta
Epsilon Theta
Posted on 15 October 13 at 11:05
Done. I had confused the mission types and thought that one was for regular missions.

Good spot, thank you!
Posted on 17 October 13 at 09:45
winginor has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Hangar 6 R&D for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified:

You can view the flags they submitted here: Flag submission by winginor for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

winginor said:
The achievments that are not main storyline could be missed, but as a playthrough could be done in around 3 hours, I guess they do not qualify for the missable flag.
Also to note is that I was told that you can obtain the noone left behing achievment from the main storyline in this dlc, which makes obtaining it a lot easier.
The Fury I84I
The Fury I84I
Posted on 26 October 13 at 16:56
I have some questions before applying flags to this DLC. You added the Online required flag to all achievements. Do you really need a connection with xbox live or could they be obtained without a connection.
You also say some of the achievements are missable but you didn't add any because 1 playthrough takes 3 hours. The general rule is that if achievements can be obtained within one hour of a new playthrough, we don't add the missable flag. The achievements that are supposedly missable, can they be obtained within one hour after starting a new game?

Thank you.
winginor
winginor
Posted on 26 October 13 at 23:56, Edited on 26 October 13 at 23:56 by winginor
Hello,

ups, the online required flag is of course incorrect, my mistake, everything is offline and singleplayer so I checked the wrong column.

I gave estimations for each achievment that is discussable as missable in the main game in this thread, and from what I was told missable is only if you have to replay bigger parts of the game if you miss it. If missable is defined as redoing more than one hour that should really be added to the definition and the flags for the main game like reach level 10 should be reconsidered.

For this DLC;
Only a Man - If you mess it up you have to redo almost the whole 3 hours
Conscientious Objector - If you mess it up you almost have to redo the whole 3 hours
Know Your Groceries - If you do not level up other agents you may have to level up 2 more from a previous checkpoint save, so around 40 minutes if you mess up (game makes checkpoint saves after every mission that you can load after any time also after DLC is done)
Mind Blown - If you really do not use the skill which would be stupid as it would make the DLC a lot harder 3 missions should be enough to get it from the start around 1 hour

So I leave the decision of what should be marked as missable to you.

Rest is Storyline so not missable
The Fury I84I
The Fury I84I
Posted on 27 October 13 at 04:16, Edited on 27 October 13 at 04:19 by The Fury I84I
Thanks for the explanation. I have added the Missable flag to Conscientious Objector in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified and Only a Man in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified because it takes almost a full playthrough if you missed it the first time.

As for Know Your Groceries in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified : Can this be done within 1 hour from starting the game again? You mention checkpoint saves, but from your explanation it almost sounds as if it is a level select? Can these saves be overwritten by the player? If so, then they can't be used to load a previous checkpoint.

If Mind Blown in The Bureau: XCOM Declassified can be obtained within 1 hour from the start, it's not considered missable.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.