Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Final Two NHL Legends Revealed

• MatrarchMatrarch1,730,963
    Posted on 19 August 11 at 17:34
    One, you know was coming. The other might surprise you a little.

Well, folks. This is it. The final reveal for EA Sports' upcoming title, NHL 12's Legends Roster. First, of course, we learned that Wayne Gretzky would be included. This was followed by news of Ray Bourque and Chris Chelios being added. Then Steve Yzerman was confirmed to be joining their ranks. Finally, the trio of Börje Salming, Patrick Roy, and Jeremy Roenick were confirmed.

Today, the final pieces of the Legends puzzle were filled in as Pittsburgh Penguins great, Mario Lemieux, and Red Wings star, Gordie Howe, come in to complete the roster.

Here are some pics of Lemieux:
    http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee469/tamatrarch/NH....jpg

Here's a video of the two final additions to the Legends roster in action.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7svMm0PGGQs

Notice, for authenticity's sake in all likelihood, that Howe is the only one not wearing a helmet throughout the video? It's a nice touch, and isn't weird at all, like seeing Lemieux raise the cup in a Maple Leafs Jersey, but hey, that's what you get when you can put your Legends on any team you please!

NHL 12 will be available on September 9th across Europe, and September 13th in North America.

Credit goes to Hustlinonradio for this story
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin572,415
    Posted on 19 August 11 at 17:45
    Oh boy this is going to be great with all the legends and the fights over who should've been included.
    Also get ready for when the NBA 2k12 story comes out cuz this fight is going to be awesome!
  • Forgotten90Forgotten90455,814
    Posted on 19 August 11 at 17:51
    The great one!
  • SabuIsCrazySabuIsCrazy238,381
    Posted on 19 August 11 at 17:53
    The authenticity of "Mr. Hockey" Gordie Howe wearing no helmet is awesome. He absolutely deserved to be a legend in this game. Dude was a tough SOB that would make you pay physically as well as on the scoreboard. I had the pleasure of meeting him and discussing hockey a couple years ago. More people need to recognize just how awesome this man is.

Also, I would have loved to see "Terrible" Ted Lindsay as a legend in the game, for his contributions on and off of the ice. The player voted MVP award is named after him for a reason, seeing as he was the main driving force behind the creation of the NHLPA. Great man with a great knowledge of the game. Another man that it was a pleasure to have had a chance to talk man-to-man with.
  • Posted on 19 August 11 at 17:54
    The odds of seeing Howe on the ice again are probably greater than the Leafs winning the Cup in the next 10 years.

;)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 August 11 at 18:08
    Those are some nice final additions.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 August 11 at 18:24
    No Bobby Orr?
  • Posted on 19 August 11 at 18:35
    Kendrene said:
    No Bobby Orr?
    Agreed. As a life-long hockey fan I'm a little upset that Bobby Orr isn't included and Börje Salming (of whom I've never heard) is.
    In Soviet Russia, game plays you!
  • Posted on 19 August 11 at 18:46
    GORDIE!!! Also yeah, WTF no Bobby Orr?
  • King NothingKing Nothing176,574
    Posted on 19 August 11 at 19:03
    Ray Bourque but no Bobby Orr?
    I'm a walking paradox, no I'm not.
  • Big EllBig Ell1,912,871
    Posted on 19 August 11 at 19:42
    no Tie Domi? This is bullcrap.
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen770,725
    Posted on 19 August 11 at 19:46
    Todd Bertuzzi should be on the All-Sportsmanship team for getting rid of useless players..
    For the Rum and the Cheese!
  • DeliriousDrewDeliriousDrew1,457,814
    Posted on 19 August 11 at 19:47
    Big Ell said:
    no Tie Domi? This is bullcrap.
    yeah....
  • Big EllBig Ell1,912,871
    Posted on 19 August 11 at 19:52
    Das Kuhnen said:
    Todd Bertuzzi should be on the All-Sportsmanship team for getting rid of useless players..
    Haha nice. Hey I bet next year they include the option to dive and pretend you have an injury. Then they'll probably have an All-Diving Squad led by Sidney Crosby!
  • Posted on 19 August 11 at 20:34
    Also where is Maurice "the rocket" Richard?!?!
  • Posted on 19 August 11 at 20:48
    osubluejacket said:
    Kendrene said:
    No Bobby Orr?
    Agreed. As a life-long hockey fan I'm a little upset that Bobby Orr isn't included and Börje Salming (of whom I've never heard) is.
    you have never heard of him because your not canadian or from toronto but il be nice and give you a little info.Mr Salming was the first swedish born player to get into the hall of in 1996,he also paved the way for other europeans to come into the nhl and was the best swedish born player and swedish D-Man of all time before lidstrom in detriot.
    H.I.V---{FLTG}---{RiverDale}---C.PECK---{RiverDale}---{FLTG}---H.I.V
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,370,613
    Posted on 19 August 11 at 21:31
    Yeah, I had to look up Salming, but after reading it I agree. Chelios over Bobby Orr is a nice brand of bullshit, in my opinion. Jeremy Roenick... eh. Better choices could be made. Fine with the rest, though.
  • Panzer x360aPanzer x360a191,877
    Posted on 20 August 11 at 00:40
    How do you but Jeremy Roenick over Mark Messier?
  • DJB HustlinDJB Hustlin572,415
    Posted on 20 August 11 at 03:48
    Big Ell said:
    Das Kuhnen said:
    Haha nice. Hey I bet next year they include the option to dive and pretend you have an injury. Then they'll probably have an All-Diving Squad led by Sidney Crosby!
    Crosby would more enjoy punching players in the balls
  • Das KuhnenDas Kuhnen770,725
    Posted on 20 August 11 at 14:01
    Hustlinonradio said:
    Big Ell said:
    Das Kuhnen said:
    Crosby would more enjoy punching players in the balls
    laugh Or taking some to the face wink
    For the Rum and the Cheese!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads